1336 users online (247 members and 1089 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FBI seizes John Lennon fingerprints before auction

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/fbi-seizes...-auction/48563

In a week-long discovery, Siegel said the FBI, "with a sense of urgency," was concerned with whether the card had been part of Lennon's file and was lost or missing.
    "We're investigating how the item came to be in a private collection," FBI spokesman James Margolin said. "It is apparently a government document and would not normally be in the commercial stream."

Nothing better to do FBI?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/fbi-seizes...-auction/48563

In a week-long discovery, Siegel said the FBI, "with a sense of urgency," was concerned with whether the card had been part of Lennon's file and was lost or missing.
    "We're investigating how the item came to be in a private collection," FBI spokesman James Margolin said. "It is apparently a government document and would not normally be in the commercial stream."

Nothing better to do FBI?
    I know, right? Also, it just hit me that he's been dead for thirty years now.

It's kind of sad too, that a person's fingerprint card could just go missing from the FBI, and no one is the wiser. You know? What's the I stand for in FBI again?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

...I can see where they would want to know how that card got in a private collection. As someone who regularly sent in fingerprints for an old company to run background checks by the FBI, it is VERY serious to have any sort of leak. 30 years ago or now. How do they know other prints haven't been sold? Personal, private information are on those forms/cards.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

If that card with is fingerprints was stolen from the FBI file, then yes, I agree it is an egregious error or leak and must be investigated to find out exactly how and who leaked it.

As for collecting Lennon memorabilia, I have a rather narrow view, given my present circumstances as to what is public info and should be the right of the public to hold and view and to own, and what is not.

I would IMHO defer to Lennon's children and his widow as to what can be owned of him.

But I do aknowledge that although I am not married to a public persona, there is the possibility that my spouse's death would be in the public realm for public consumption.

If, God forbid, that should ever come about, I would fight tooth and nail like a Momma grizzly bear(meaning I would be ruthless and take no prisoners and have no mercy) to protect what I consider sacred and that is my Husband.

JMHO and thoughts on the subject matter

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    If that card with is fingerprints was stolen from the FBI file, then yes, I agree it is an egregious error or leak and must be investigated to find out exactly how and who leaked it.

As for collecting Lennon memorabilia, I have a rather narrow view, given my present circumstances as to what is public info and should be the right of the public to hold and view and to own, and what is not.

I would IMHO defer to Lennon's children and his widow as to what can be owned of him.

But I do aknowledge that although I am not married to a public persona, there is the possibility that my spouse's death would be in the public realm for public consumption.

If, God forbid, that should ever come about, I would fight tooth and nail like a Momma grizzly bear(meaning I would be ruthless and take no prisoners and have no mercy) to protect what I consider sacred and that is my Husband.

JMHO and thoughts on the subject matter
    I completely see what you are saying, however, once you send them in, they are not yours anymore. They are property of the FBI and the documents, regardless of who's, should be treated with secrecy as everyone else's.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Just a related FYI - Had he lived, tomorrow would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. This information is courtesy of my 15 y/o daughter (huge Beatle fan). I've been hearing the countdown all week.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    What's the I stand for in FBI again?
    Incorporated, right? As in FumbleBucksIncorporated.

Did I win the prize?