GUILTY CA - Pinkney Badgett arrested for "boxes and boxes" of child *advertiser censored*

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.ocregister.com/news/child-270152-bertagna-police.html

'Boxes and boxes' of child *advertiser censored* turned up in arrest

"Police arrested Pinkney Badgett, 66, after a search of his home turned up "boxes and boxes" of child *advertiser censored*, [Cpl. Anthony] Bertagna said, including photos, videos and computer files, all of which were seized and taken to the Santa Ana police station.

While going through the evidence, investigators found photos of an 18-month-old acquaintance of Badgett's, who they believe he may have molested, Bertagna said.

Badgett pleaded not guilty to felony charges of possessing child *advertiser censored* at an arraignment, according to Orange County Superior Court records. But investigators now plan to add charges tied to the alleged molestation, Bertagna said...."

more at link

Another article, a video, an interview with a victim's mother, and more details about Badgett:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7712792

Orange County man suspected of more child-*advertiser censored* victims

Note: This article comments that Badgett, who goes by the name Harold, has lived in San Diego and Riverside counties. I bring up addresses all over the state of California. He seems to have moved around a lot.

Sadly, not a surprise at all. Any one of us could have looked at this guy's cache of decent photos and spotted red flags waving. He was so proud of all the little children he was "helping". YUCK!! It's tragic that parents don't see this but I know that it sneaks up on a person. He hosted birthday parties for little ones with no expense spared. This was this man's life!! This man creeps me out so much as my husband and I grew up in Southern California and this guy's MO is identical to the man who fathered my sweet husband. He's on notice and being closely watched now but it took years of the family pulling together. Shame on you Mr. Badgett. Shame. A baby.....SHAME.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/crime-sex-1/pinkney-harold-badgett-child-m/

http://www.kmir6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13315083

"....Badgett, who goes by the first name of Harold, is now facing charges of molesting an 18-month-old acquaintance who turned up in some of the *advertiser censored* police say was in the Santa Ana man's house. ​He previously pleaded not guilty to possessing child *advertiser censored*, a felony.

Now he faces two more felony counts of lewd or lascivious acts with a minor and another felony count of a sex act with a child younger than 10.

Bail for Badgett, who remains in custody, has also been bumped up from $50,000 to $1 million..."

and

"...Chatter on an online crime site [see our Post #2--does that mean we get benefits?] indicated he frequently moves around Southern California, having recently resided in Riverside and San Diego counties...."

more at links

This just breaks my heart. The new little victim could have been saved:

"...Santa Ana Police say among the items recovered from Badgett's home was a 2006 search warrant involving child *advertiser censored* allegations against him served in Moreno Valley. He was not arrested in that case.

The hunt for more victims continues."

from the link above

Yep, you get credit, Izzy. You outted his many moves. You may also get credit for having his Myspace removed. It's POOF.

Again it's these old creepers that get me the most. Grandfatherly types. Ladies, when some old sugar daddy type treats your babies so well you just can't believe your luck? Believe you best keep your eyes wide open.

Yeah that Harold he's one he*l of a guy.

Ummmmmmmm, Izzy you forgot to mention he LOVES JESUS! If I was the chick in that FB picture with him I'd have strangled him while I had my arms wrapped around him.

These guys they're always moving around too. Always.

Creeper also goes by the alias P Harden.

How da*n sad. 2006?

An earlier victim speaks out:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7721371

Child-molest victim speaks out against suspect

".....Riverside County Sheriff's deputies served a search warrant on Badgett's home at the time in Moreno Valley in 2006. At the same time, Badgett's son, then 7 years old, was placed in foster care. The boy's mother, it turns out, is Badgett's other stepdaughter.

and

"....In documents obtained by Eyewitness News, County of Riverside Child Protective Services found that the son was sexually abused, or there was a substantial risk that Badgett's son would be sexually abused. Officials wrote in 2006: "Badgett has a history of perpetuating sexual molestation upon minor children."

The documents say Badgett admitted he molested his two stepdaughters when they were children....."

and

"Even more frustrating: T claims the Riverside County Sheriff's Department filed no charges......the department said the 2006 search warrant served on Badgett did yield evidence of child *advertiser censored*. They did not explain why they did not file charges...."

more at link

The county declines to make a statement...hmmmm? Hopefully, the judge will insist on a statement.

Yeah, the county's not making a statement because they want to first figure out how they were so inept as to let this nasty old creeper go four years ago. At LEAST they could have arrested him for the CP they found. Guess they couldn't do much then about the assaults (and WHY is there a statute of limitations on this type of crime, in this day and age?? We know better!!), but if they'd at least taken him in on the CP this poor baby might not have been the next victim! Let's see them explain that!

While checking back on this case, I noted that there's been an odd and disturbing twist:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?s...ounty&id=8165444&rss=rss-kabc-article-8165444

Woman attacked where daughter allegedly assaulted in 2010

"Police are searching for two suspects who attacked a woman in her Santa Ana home. The woman's year-old daughter was allegedly sexually assaulted last year at the same Santa Ana location. One suspect sexually assaulted the woman at knifepoint before he and another suspect stole cash and fled. Detectives interviewed the victim Wednesday at the home and at the Santa Ana Police Dept. to try to identify the two suspects in the case. They were also trying to determine if the recent attack is connected to an alleged sexual assault on the woman's daughter in 2010 at the same home...."

and

"...The little girl is an alleged victim of a crime last year at the same home. Last October, police arrested Pinkney Badgett, who lived in the apartment behind the house, after receiving a tip. Badgett is now in custody facing numerous charges including sexual assault. "When we served the search warrant we found multiple boxes of child *advertiser censored* and evidence that related him to multiple crimes in different counties ranging from Riverside to San Diego County as well as here in Orange County..."

more at link

December 2012
A 68-year-old Santa Ana man accused of molesting children, including an 18-month-old girl, has been sentenced to 64 years in state prison after pleading guilty.

Pinkney Badgett, who goes by the name "Harold," was arrested in 2010 after police found boxes of child *advertiser censored* in his Santa Ana apartment. Police said Badgett's victims ranged in age from 1 to 11 years old.
http://abc7.com/archive/8906161/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back