980 users online (180 members and 800 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

8 Oct 2010 - Elizabeth's attorneys move for dismissal

Baby Gabriel case tainted by detective, mom's lawyers say

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/t...#ixzz11mCQnXII

OMG!!! THey are trying to get charges dismissed!!!! Even though her lawyers admit that they thought EJ was hallucinating back in May.....How could she be truthful to her attorneys if she was hallucinating....This is a croc of BS!!

Come on Maricopa, JUSTICE FOR GABRIEL!!
    "Be part of something bigger than yourself"
    "As I have walked through this lifetime, I have realized things are not as they seem. People are not as they seem. Only clues are given about their secret lives and their loved ones are shocked even though the signs were there. Tread carefully in this lifetime and act swiftly to protect yourself and the ones you love."

Quote Originally Posted by danisisa View Post

OMG!!! THey are trying to get charges dismissed!!!! Even though her lawyers admit that they thought EJ was hallucinating back in May.....How could she be truthful to her attorneys if she was hallucinating....This is a croc of BS!!

I don't think the charges against EJ are going to be dropped because a detective from SA talked to her. Whatever the usual procedures for interviews, the hard fact is that the right to counsel and the right to remain silent belong to Elizabeth and can be waived as she determines. At worst, evidence gained from the interview gets excluded. EJ's motion to can Alcock doesn't even hint that she has been influenced by detective Salome in her thinking.

What is heartbreaking here is that based on an informant in the jail, a homicide detective arrives to interview that informant. Death penalty talk means to me that the detective believes Gabriel is gone. Some days I just feel so down about this case.

Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    I don't think the charges against EJ are going to be dropped because a detective from SA talked to her. Whatever the usual procedures for interviews, the hard fact is that the right to counsel and the right to remain silent belong to Elizabeth and can be waived as she determines. At worst, evidence gained from the interview gets excluded. EJ's motion to can Alcock doesn't even hint that she has been influenced by detective Salome in her thinking.

What is heartbreaking here is that based on an informant in the jail, a homicide detective arrives to interview that informant. Death penalty talk means to me that the detective believes Gabriel is gone. Some days I just feel so down about this case.
    I haven't researched this, but it seems to me that if a defendant already has a known lawyer, detectives need to contact that lawyer before getting a "waiver" from the client. I read the article, and I was pretty shocked--this certainly isn't SOP. What I can't figure out is, after interviewing an informant and talking to EJ for 3 hours, they still have no idea what happened to Gabriel?? What the heck were they talking about?

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I haven't researched this, but it seems to me that if a defendant already has a known lawyer, detectives need to contact that lawyer before getting a "waiver" from the client. I read the article, and I was pretty shocked--this certainly isn't SOP. What I can't figure out is, after interviewing an informant and talking to EJ for 3 hours, they still have no idea what happened to Gabriel?? What the heck were they talking about?
    AZ Lawyer---

BUt since the detective was from San Antonio, EJ is facing charges in Arizona. Would the detective classification be a visitor? What bars other out of state agencies from asking her questions if she has the right not to answer them?

It is not ethical, but illegal?
    "As I have walked through this lifetime, I have realized things are not as they seem. People are not as they seem. Only clues are given about their secret lives and their loved ones are shocked even though the signs were there. Tread carefully in this lifetime and act swiftly to protect yourself and the ones you love."

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Thanks for your perspective on EJ's rights. I am happy to defer to your knowledge and experience.

If EJ confessed to a fellow inmate that she killed Gabriel, I guess the homicide detective would be trying to get her to confess and tell what she did with his body.

AZ LAwyer-

Also, if the detective was questioning her about San antonio stuff, at that time she had Arizona court appointed attorneys, she would have to ask for a public defender for Texas, is that correct?

AZ Lawyer---

BUt since the detective was from San Antonio, EJ is facing charges in Arizona. Would the detective classification be a visitor? What bars other out of state agencies from asking her questions if she has the right not to answer them?

It is not ethical, but illegal?
    What bars them from asking her questions is that she had a lawyer who could reasonably be assumed to be representing her on ALL charges and potential charges relating to Gabriel's disappearance. Until and unless something is actually filed in TX and she needs a TX attorney to make an appearance in court, I hope and assume that her AZ attorneys are advising her regarding the potential murder charge as well as the custodial interference/kidnapping charges.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11

AZ LAwyer-

Also, if the detective was questioning her about San antonio stuff, at that time she had Arizona court appointed attorneys, she would have to ask for a public defender for Texas, is that correct?
    No, she would have had to say, "I don't want to talk to you. I want a lawyer."

But my point is that she already had a lawyer, and they knew it. I don't think LE gets to interview you and just wait for you to say "I want a lawyer" if they already know perfectly well that you have one.

But on May 10, a prosecutor and a Tempe detective accompanied the San Antonio detective to the jail to talk to the informant. After that interview, the Tempe detective and the prosecutor left, but the San Antonio detective stayed behind.

There, according to the motion, he was able to meet with Johnson and convinced jail personnel to remove her shackles. Then, according to the defense team, the two sat knee to knee and the detective even touched Johnson's thighs as he told her details about his own personal life.
    BBM. You have got to be kidding me! This sounds completely made-up by somebody who was clearly not in her right mind! This is BS. Total BS.
    She gets out...no Gabriel, period. This is sickening.
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

2010.10.08 Elizabeth's attorneys move for dismissal

http://www.kpho.com/news/25330142/detail.html

Attorneys For Baby Gabriel's Mother File For Dismissal

I am on pins and needles until I hear the outcome....So disappointing that they are trying this.

I wouldn't sweat this one. The cop was from San Antonio. Has nothing to do with the AZ case.
    The Bacon eating Artist formerly known as DaneBramage. Shining light and scattering cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Flashlight View Post
    I wouldn't sweat this one. The cop was from San Antonio. Has nothing to do with the AZ case.
    Thank you...I needed the reassurance at this point.

http://www.kpho.com/news/25330142/detail.html

Attorneys For Baby Gabriel's Mother File For Dismissal

I am on pins and needles until I hear the outcome....So disappointing that they are trying this.
    If this is e-filed...I wonder how long it would take to rule on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post

I really don't like the sound of this.....especially the interactions with the detective and EJ alone...man ole man!!!!

Johnson at the time was going through hearings to determine if she was mentally competent to stand trial. She was heavily drugged, Feldman said, and from what she told him of the interview, "I could swear she was hallucinating."

What the h%ll did she say to him???????

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast