Dying Girl, 7, Taunted by Neighbors in Trenton UPDATE: RIP, Kathleen:(

MandyLeigh

In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell
Reaction score
I didn't know if I should put this here or in the bullying thread. So if it would be best there please move it for me?

A couple who are parents themselves, harass and degrades a family with a dying 7 year old girl. Along with her dead mother before and after her death.

First here is the video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuYw7FCVsI"]YouTube - So Sick!! Neighbors Taunts Dying 7 Year Old Girl!!.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the article that goes with that video.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/the_edge/dying-girl-taunted-by-neighbors-in-trenton

This has so much of the internet raging that groups joined together and went after these people. Egging their house, calling their jobs and sending pizzas. Here is just one article about one of the groups..

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/10/08/4chan-hunts-down-detroit-couple-taunting-dying-girl/

Because of this the couple decided to make an apology video. Of course this apology isn't really for the little girl but to try and keep the public from attacking them.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/apology-for-taunting-dying-little-girl

It hasn't stopped however...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Lynn-Petkov-Burnett-is-Downriver-Trash/154072637966872

And most importantly a support group for the child. There is going to be a vigil on the child's street.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123801807673623

I'm shocked and feel sick!
EVIL is all I can say.

Sick and Evil!! All I can say is remember what they say about Karma !!:furious:

Shame, shame, shame on all of these lowlifes. How small and ridiculously petty.

And I thought the same thing about karma! They better be ready!

This was sick. I really don't have any other words. I am stunned.

I saw this earlier today and was just .........stunned.......shocked.........confused.........I mean why would adults do this to a child? There are no words. Our society is truly sick.

Just today alone I read about a poor 17 yr old girl who commits suicide because of bullying and the bullies show up at her funeral and laugh at her in the casket. Then I read this story. Then a guy walks onto an elementary school playground in CA and opens fire.

How dare these adults do this to a asick child!!!! Its adults like these that spawn girls like the bullies who laughed at the girl in the casket.

Sick, evil, twisted, aren't strong enough words for some peoples' actions in this world today.

Nice to hear they are getting so much support :) but it disturbs me to think of how many other things these two losers have done to this family.

Whatever it was, it was enough for a judge to approve a restraining order on both of them.

Friends and family of a terminally ill 7-year-old girl who allegedly was tormented by a neighbor say they have received an outpouring of support from across the world.

Kathleen Edward, who is the final stages of Huntington's disease, has allegedly been the target of taunts by a woman who lives across the street. The woman, Jennifer Petkov, told Fox 2 Detroit that she posted pictures on Facebook depicting the little girl's face above a set of crossbones. The page has since been removed.

Another Facebook photo shows Kathleen's mother, Laura, who died last year of Huntington's disease at age 24, in the arms of the grim reaper.

"We're aware of the situation and are looking into it," said Trenton Deputy Police Chief James Nardone. "This has been ongoing for quite some time."

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101008/METRO01/10080461/Dying-girl%E2%80%99s-family-gets-support-after-alleged-Facebook-taunts#ixzz11p5phzVO

Shame, shame, shame on all of these lowlifes. How small and ridiculously petty.

And I thought the same thing about karma! They better be ready!

BBM

Considering this harrasment by the P family all started over their kids not being invited to a birthday party, petty is right. I mean how many kids are not invited to a birthday party? I'm sure 100% are not invited to at least 1 birthday party in their childhood. What a lesson the P family is teaching their kids, that is if their kids aren't already to the point they want to put a bag over their head when in public with their parents.

Karma is right and sadly I don't think it will be only the parents suffering, the P kids will either emulate their parents abhorrent behavior, or they will be the subject of abhorrent behavior as a result of their parents actions.

Sick and a shame. Let the young girl spent the last of her days peacefully. Show your kids you can be the bigger person and admit to your error in judgement Ms. P!

"I don't understand how people could spew such hatred," Yerigian said. "They had a truck with a coffin on it; the police came by and finally had them take the coffin off. (Petkov) would pull up in the truck, rev up the engine, and say to Kathleen, 'I can't wait until you die.' When I saw what she posted on Facebook, I almost threw up. I'm totally dumbfounded."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...t-after-alleged-Facebook-taunts#ixzz11pA5J0pT

They told the little girl, "I can't wait until you die".

Karma is coming honey, and it ain't gonna be pretty. There is a special place for these people. I certainly hope that one day they will be able to see the error of their ways and make themselves right. I doubt it though. This is pure hatred. There is something seriously wrong with these people.

I don't consider myself a very sensitive person. I am usually not too shocked by the evil that I see in the world. This is beyond evil. I don't even know what this is.

The evil woman's own family can't stand her either at this point. The sister came onto the facebook hate page for JP and explained how disgusted she is. If you go to the sister's page you see her and her friends are working to help the little girl's family. And that she had a lot of problems with her even before this happened.

Funny thing is, the two sickos who thought they were so smart and enjoyed bringing such anger has brought the family more help and support then they would have ever received on their own. So thanks JP and hubby for being such failures. At least someone will benefit from it and it will not be you. :croc:

bilde

:banghead:

Prayers to Kathleen and her family. Prayers to the children of the Petkov's. Never have I seen such hateful parents. How dare they think they could treat this family this way.

Mrs. Petkov, you certainly are the devil. One that will likely never live this down. If for just one moment you had thought of what you were doing to the children you might not be in the spot you are now. No sympathy from me for you. Only your children who had no choice but to be thrown into this storm you created.

:banghead:

Prayers to Kathleen and her family. Prayers to the children of the Petkov's. Never have I seen such hateful parents. How dare they think they could treat this family this way.

Mrs. Petkov, you certainly are the devil. One that will likely never live this down. If for just one moment you had thought of what you were doing to the children you might not be in the spot you are now. No sympathy from me for you. Only your children who had no choice but to be thrown into this storm you created.

Exactly. And if for one moment Mrs. Petkov would think of what her words and the video will do permanently to her children.... who will likely have to live with other childrens comments and their peers parents reactions now that it's all over the net! She didn't even give her own children a thought when acting out like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum for the WWW to see.

:furious:

This story brings me such sadness. :frown: What kind of world do we live in where adults think it is perfectly okay to say such cruel things to a child? How cold and heartless are these people? This is so unreal. I can't even imagine what her father is going through. To lose his wife and soon his daughter and to have to put up with the scum of the earth who are his neighbors.

What goes around comes around and some day they will regret their actions.

That poor family! They certainly have enough to contend with without having those "people" for neighbors. I hope the publicity forces them to load up their coffin truck and move out of that neighborhood. One thing for sure, that hateful woman is going to get a taste of her own medicine.

>A member of Kathleen's family says the bad blood started about two-years ago after the two families had a falling out over a birthday party at the Rose house. At the party kids were using a "bounce-house" and playing games in the front yard. The source says that Jennifer Petkov texted someone in the Rose family, asking if her kids could come to the event. A response to the text did not come quickly enough and it angered Jennifer. According to the Rose family, she's been harassing them ever since.

Two years of harassment and B.S. from this woman while dealing with not one but two family members dying. Really? I mean is this woman's life so easy and free she can't find something better to do with her time? I don't understand it.

http://helablog.com/2010/10/despicable-neighbours-set-up-facebook-page-to-taunt-dying-girl-revenge-sought/

And who invites their own kids to a neighbors birthday party? These people did not have to play host to her kids. How can she get that angry over a birthday party that had nothing at all to do with her. Go rent your own bounce house you entitled hag. :furious:

This story brings me such sadness. :frown: What kind of world do we live in where adults think it is perfectly okay to say such cruel things to a child? How cold and heartless are these people? This is so unreal. I can't even imagine what her father is going through. To lose his wife and soon his daughter and to have to put up with the scum of the earth who are his neighbors.

What goes around comes around and some day they will regret their actions.

BBM

The kind of world that is raising up an entire generation of bullies. This is what happened when bullies raise bullies.

Sick freaks. It will all come back three-fold. I sure hope when it does they know exactly why karma is kicking their butts

I feel so bad for Kathleen and I hope that many good things come her & her father's way now that this is in the public eye.

Thank you to whoever alerted the newstation.

While I think the two idiots who did this are reprehensible, I also think some of the things on that FB page are pretty disgusting, especially the graphic that says "you are gonna get raped" (directed at Jennifer). I understand the outrage but wishing that on anyone is just as sick IMO.

Most especially, I'm disturbed that adults live like this. Grow up people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back