• Yes, baby K needs her mother

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Yes, there is not proof that TH committed any crime

Votes: 40 15.4%
  • Yes, but only under supervision

Votes: 85 32.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • No. She will try to kidnap baby K and it will end badly.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No, she will manipulate baby K during these visits

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • No, there is reason to believe TH committed a crime

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • Yes, maybe it will trigger something and get her to finally talk.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
""The issue is not going to be whether the child's mother, Terri deserves to see the child. The issue is what does the child need and how can we be sure the child's needs are being met," said family law attorney Jody Stahancyk.

Kaine Horman has mixed feelings about visitation, "Depending on the circumstances, the answer could be yes or no." <snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Terri-Horman-Seeks-Visitation--104610209-missing-kyron-portland.html

Should TH be able to see baby K? Vote and discuss!

To me, the issue is whether the baby has a right to see and spend time with her mother. It's not about Terri to me. It's about the baby.

To me, the issue is whether the baby has a right to see and spend time with her mother. It's not about Terri to me. It's about the baby.

Option 2 is supposed to address that but maybe it wasn't clear enough? But there is a write-in poll option too. :)

No ... There is a risk factor there as far as I am concerned, I think TH would flee or worse....jmo

I think she (the baby) should be allowed to see her mother, with supervision. This baby had spent most of her life with Terri, and in the event that Terri is eventually cleared, it would be shame if she no longer recognized her mother.

This is a case that could have movement at any moment, or could take years.

I wavered between no, not safe and yes, with supervision. Ultimately, I voted yes. We don't know yet if baby K is safe with Terri, because we don't know what happened to Kyron. But SINCE we don't know that, I'd say any visitation should proceed with extreme caution.

IMO, the baby must be doing fine.
I'm sure LE and others are looking into the raising of the baby.
After 4 months and with baby being so young, I do not think she realizes she has no mother.

My own neice's mother died when she was 18 months and she has no problems being without a mother in her 30+ years.
Oh yes, there were times she wished for a mother,
like when she got married, when she had her sons, etc.
her dad never remarried

Children do adjust.
I would rather baby was safe than be with a mother that could and might hurt her.
I would need proof that TH never did MFH and KYRON's disappearance before I would let her near her baby.

I vote NO right now.........

Not at this time.
I believe this newest attempt at a new approach by her attorneys is to try to force information out of LE. They did not contest the Restraining Order. It is legal maneuvering and the way I see it not at all about K.. but about what her attorneys want from LE.

Let the Kyron case go forward and then look at the issue down the road depending on the outcome.

In that the judge granted 90 day abatement they can't ask for amendment at this time anyway.

ETA: Baby K has already made a big adjustment and having that change constantly is not good for a small child.

To me the issue in part lies with a statement that Kaine made, about how different the baby was now that Terri wasn't around. He said this shortly after Terri was no longer in the picture - a few short weeks. It sounded like a positive change in her.

The baby also has a right to be protected from someone who could bring her great harm.

So to me, the issue is about the baby, and if she has adjusted so well, why jeopardize that with visitations, supervised or not?

No way Jose!!!!!!
TH is not stable and has already tried to "see" or "steal" Baby K one time at the Gym.

As of right now, I say no. Not even with armed guards standing 2 feet from them.
Not safe.

WHERE IS KYRON?????

I wavered between no, not safe and yes, with supervision. Ultimately, I voted yes. We don't know yet if baby K is safe with Terri, because we don't know what happened to Kyron. But SINCE we don't know that, I'd say any visitation should proceed with extreme caution.

My thought process was similar and I voted yes, with supervision. But now I'm backtracking. Of course the baby's interests are paramount. And it crossed my mind that, whether or not TH is guilty, her state of mind might lead her to do something drastic ...shudder. I guess I just wouldn't be willing to take that chance. Maybe with a psych eval. But even then...you just never know. And, boy, wouldn't that just be the worst possible scenario. As if it weren't bad enough already.

Okay, I talked myself into no. Although I'm not happy about it. Just so sad all the way around:sick:

My thought process was similar and I voted yes, with supervision. But now I'm backtracking. Of course the baby's interests are paramount. And it crossed my mind that, whether or not TH is guilty, her state of mind might lead her to do something drastic ...shudder. I guess I just wouldn't be willing to take that chance. Maybe with a psych eval. But even then...you just never know. And, boy, wouldn't that just be the worst possible scenario. As if it weren't bad enough already.

Okay, I talked myself into no. Although I'm not happy about it. Just so sad all the way around:sick:

I doubt she would even do a psych evaluation to see her daughter because she'd be scared to talk to anybody in fear of something slipping about what she did to Kyron.

JMO

I doubt she would even do a psych evaluation to see her daughter because she'd be scared to talk to anybody in fear of something slipping about what she did to Kyron.

JMO

This is true. I think a potentially *biased* psych/custody eval was one of the reasons the abatement was requested in the first place. And I don't think the fear of bias was the true/total reason. I think the reason you mention is the more likely concern. jmoo

That said, baby K probably doesn't remember Terri anyway.

He!! To The No!!!! Kaine wants to see his son too JMO

I voted "Yes, with supervision." I mean, why not? BabyK probably misses her mommy. The supervision would be to keep Terri from snatching BabyK and running off with her. If the baby were an older child, I might not agree with visitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni