Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
In light of the testimony and the charges against Misty, are you satisfied with the verdict?

No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because -

this is her first criminal offense. She is just a child ...

thanks for the last one...couldnt have voted if not because she unluckly like rc and tc didnt have anyone to turn over on..imo i dont think shes a drug dealer plan and simple,she wasnt a dealer.imo

I voted I am not sure, part of me says yes I am glad cause one more drug dealer off the street. The other part of me is thinking like a mom, she never had one. The drugs were more important to her parents. As my grammie's says she was not brought up she was dragged up. My mother was the same way as Misty's parents are.
The mother part of me, is when I look at my son who is 17 a year younger than Misty with the whole world at his feet, can do what ever job he wants, gets to have kids and get older with a person he loves and grow old in society. While Misty is 25 years behind bars in a totally different world all togther. Sad just Sad.

No I am not happy with today's verdict...I think she should've gotten a lighter sentence.....I agree with Lone...this was an overkill, imo....

IMO, Misty never felt that she would actually get all those years...I think she had her mind wrapped around that YO program...when the judge said 25 years....IMO, that broke her in half.....I think we will be hearing about "new developments in the Haleigh case" sooner than we think....I honestly do believe that this sentencing is going to open Misty up....at least I hope it does.
JMO of course

Satisfied. She did the crime. Despite her upbringing, I hold her personally responsible for the consequences of her actions. Was the sentence harsh? Yes. Was the sting enacted in the first place because LE wanted to be in a better position to pressure the players? Yep.

The point is, she did the crime, she took the risk, these were the possible consequences, the juge made a decision and I support it.

I do not think Misty should have to serve one single minute longer than Ronald Cummings.

JMO

I stayed with Unsure. The 25 years doesn't bother me, as much as the word Justice does. Justice to me can only apply if we talk about Haileigh and her return. All the other options had their own reasons. Her upbringing has no bearing on her choice of occupation, I don't think. Getting a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing...that may happen anyway at someone else's dime, its worth a wait and see.
Lastly, give her more time...why, she will end up doing that to herself.

I am interested in seeing exactly what the additional charges will be. I'm so thinking we will see a very different looking Misty next time around. Hmmmm, I'm considering going down for the next court session (the reports were terrible), does anyone know when it is?

I'm just so sad. When she gets out (if she makes it that long), she will be so hardened. IMO there is now no chance that she will ever be a contributing member of society. I'm also upset that Ronald got less time.

She broke the law and there should be consequences, no doubt. But compared to any Drug convictions I have ever actually heard of in Florida or anywhere else I've been amazed at these that have been handed down on this group. How can they even come close to justifying giving a repeat offender less time than this first time offender? More time than a child molester, rapist or kidnapper. It is terribly sad the story of this girl, she has had NO Chance for a good life. Ive seen many here say she had choices. I beg to differ she made the only choice that her experience could give her... there were no good roll models to be found. She wasn't even in school long enough for a good teacher to take her under their wing. Sad. Now her youth will be gone along with any chance for a change in the tide for her. Sad.

I just can't think she did more than RC here! He was the know it all, or so it seems. His mommy works for the Po-lice dept, or did, and I think there is a lot of muck down there. Something just isn't right. The Hinky Meter is running big time! RC was involved in this big time IMO!!!!!!

I think it's disgusting that RC will get out ten years before her, b/c he knows how to manipulate people and the system.

I think the sentences should be reversed. He was the leader in the drug dealing, and he was the leader in the home.

I honestly think some serious counseling could save Misty, and cause her to tell what really happened. jmo

I also think HaLeigh would have grown up and into the same position Misty is in right now unless DCF did their job correctly. So that's where my head is at right now.

The whole thing is sad. Misty's parents can go right ahead and blame themselves but their children have suffered and continue to suffer for the choices they made, just like HaLeigh suffered for the choices RC made.

My hope in all this horror is that Crystal is wise enough to hammer anti drug slogans into Jr's head so the cycle is broken.

I also hope Misty doesn't do herself in, and I hope she comes to her senses, and tells the truth, and accepts whatever comes of it. Honesty is the best policy, always.

moo

This is cruel and unjust IMO, she has been sentenced for a crime they haven't been able to bring into a court of law for lack of evidence. A frightening precedent IMO.

I might agree with all the choices, but it appears to be an attempt to get answers, the SA not us lol. Get 'em!

I only hope she talks. It would be better maybe? Who knows?

No, I'm not satisfied, but this sentence didn't surprise me, except I was kind of expecting it to be more. I don't think it should be legal for LE or anyone else to call somebody a murder suspect in drug court, without backing it up with proof. IMO, these cops have abused their power...from the set-up, to getting Misty in 2 counties, to dropping some of Ron's charges, to calling Tommy a suspect at his sentencing, to saying that Misty knows where the body is. I understand WHY LE has done all of this, but I still think if they had devoted all of this drug time, to solving the Haleigh case, they'd be further along. It seems that they are waiting for a snitch or a confession, to lay it all out for them, & it looks like that isn't gonna happen, so they're willing to settle for consolation justice. & I, personally, have a problem with that kind of justice. I know a lot of you don't, & I respect that, because prison IS prison afterall, but I expect more from LE... especially when they're dealing with a bunch of uneducated dopers. street smarts or not, cops should be able to get them. & IMO, after watching the bust videos & listening to those God-awful jail tapes, none of them are any kind of smart. blessed with the luck of the devil, maybe, but not smart. If Misty killed Haleigh, then she should be punished for that, but these drug charges seem like entrapment, IMO, & the sentence doesn't make me feel better about the Haleigh case. actually, I feel worse.

This is cruel and unjust IMO, she has been sentenced for a crime they haven't been able to bring into a court of law for lack of evidence. A frightening precedent IMO.
I disagree. She was sentenced in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida for drug trafficking, a crime in which she willfully and actively engaged. A crime which took place on January 8, 2010, when Misty and Donna Brock returned to Florida from North Carolina, and Ron was nowhere around. But if you're referring to Haleigh's death as the crime for which LE has been unable to make an arrest due to lack of evidence, well guess who holds the power to make that change? Misty. She's held it all along but has refused to exercise it. Instead, she's lied and attempted to divert the investigation. And there's a slew of evidence to prove that.

Misty was underage to be charged with Child endangerment per the law when Haleigh went missing, that's still hard to say.. She was considered a child (under 18) when Haleigh went missing. I'm sure what LE knew about her and all the others would po them, it would me.

I typed in LWOP at google, "life without parole". Everything came up youth lwop. A youth tried as an adult can get the youth offenders lwop in Florida from what I read. But please tell me what I read is wrong. I'm easy.

She's facing 50 plus I would guess unless they don't offer something else. Just digging and i am way far from an expert. Don't credit me either lol.

A youth offender charged with murder at least gets a parole review ever so often and eligible for parole. I'd go for that and fess up. Chances are she could be out in way less time. Not a lot but whatever her 175 years vs. this, I just hope there's an answer for Haleigh.

I learned this from Caylee. May she rest in peace, she taught me something. Bless her again. Just tragic for a child. Hearts for Caylee.

Justice served. A clear cut crime with a clearly mandated sentence. I don't consider it justice for Haleigh in any way, however, and I wish it wouldn't have happened. There would have been no drug sting had Misty chosen to tell the truth. But instead, for almost a year, she thumbed her nose at the law, and she thumbed her nose at Haleigh until finally, all that nose thumbing came back to bite her. Since her arrest, she's had nine months to come clean and avoid today's outcome. Yet, she remained silent. It's a very sad, tragic situation, but unjust? No.

What is unjust and even more tragic is a little girl without a voice whose life was snuffed out and her body left to lie God knows where because those responsible are worried only about saving their own hides. So when we're shedding tears for Misty, let's save a few for Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie