NE NE - Jennifer Andersen, 33, Omaha, 9 March 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.ketv.com/news/22809771/detail.html

Authorities Seek Missing Omaha Woman
Jennifer Andersen Last Seen Tuesday Near 120th, Blondo Streets
POSTED: 11:21 am CST March 11, 2010
UPDATED: 5:18 pm CST March 11, 2010

OMAHA, Neb. -- Authorities have sought the public's help in finding a missing woman.

Jennifer L. Andersen, 33, has been missing since Tuesday, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

Andersen's family said she was last seen at about 1 a.m. Tuesday at her apartment near 120th and Blondo streets.

No foul play is expected, authorities said.

Andersen is described as white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 115 pounds. She has blond, shoulder-length hair and blue eyes.

Authorities believe she took her car, a maroon 2001 Chevrolet Lumina with license plate No. RJK303.

Picture in video at link

http://www.ketv.com/news/22809771/detail.html

Authorities Seek Missing Omaha Woman
Jennifer Andersen Last Seen Tuesday Near 120th, Blondo Streets
POSTED: 11:21 am CST March 11, 2010
UPDATED: 5:18 pm CST March 11, 2010

OMAHA, Neb. -- Authorities have sought the public's help in finding a missing woman.

Jennifer L. Andersen, 33, has been missing since Tuesday, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

Andersen's family said she was last seen at about 1 a.m. Tuesday at her apartment near 120th and Blondo streets.

No foul play is expected, authorities said.

Andersen is described as white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 115 pounds. She has blond, shoulder-length hair and blue eyes.

Authorities believe she took her car, a maroon 2001 Chevrolet Lumina with license plate No. RJK303.

Picture in video at link

http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12131445

Family Worries About Missing Woman
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 2:17 PM EST
Omaha, NE - Tips, but no good leads in the search for a missing Omaha woman.

33-year-old Jennifer Anderson has been missing since Tuesday. Her family is worried; she has not used her debit or credit cards. She also left prescription medication in her apartment and it has not been refilled.

Investigators do not think she is in danger.

Jennifer IS 5'7" tall and weighs 115 pounds. She may be driving a maroon Chevy Lumina with Nebraska plates RJK 303.

Call the Douglas County Sheriff if you have information on this case, 444-7997 or 444-6000.

Jennifer was last seen near 120th and Blondo at 1:00 a.m. Tuesday.

Reported by Carrie Murphy, cmurphy@action3news.com

12131445_BG1.jpg

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/88736912.html?ref=912

Updated: 6:42 PM Mar 20, 2010
March 9th.
Posted: 5:51 PM Mar 20, 2010
Reporter: WOWT
Email Address: sixonline@wowt.com

<snipped>

Friends and family all over the state are still searching. Neighbors in Andersen's hometown of Sutton, Nebraska are posting fliers even though she hasn't lived there for 15 years. In addition to the fliers, more than 4,000 people have joined the search with a Facebook group.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/88736912.html?ref=912

Updated: 6:42 PM Mar 20, 2010
March 9th.
Posted: 5:51 PM Mar 20, 2010
Reporter: WOWT
Email Address: sixonline@wowt.com

<snipped>

Friends and family all over the state are still searching. Neighbors in Andersen's hometown of Sutton, Nebraska are posting fliers even though she hasn't lived there for 15 years. In addition to the fliers, more than 4,000 people have joined the search with a Facebook group.

Does anyone know more about Jennifer and the circumstances under which she went missing nearly a month ago? What a beautiful young woman. Why did LE say initially no foul play suspected? Can find very little on this case other than an active FB page set up by her friends/family, no indication that she would have gone missing on purpose that I can find. Is it covered heavily in Omaha? Was she married, boyfriend, etc? Does anyone know? She is not getting much attention, it seems.

Apparently the family of Jennifer Anderson does not want personal information released, or so it appears to be the case. The LE has already said, they would not release information about her medical problems and medications, etc.

They have also stated publically, they do not believe it is "foul play", so the family and the LE are holding vital information about this young woman's mental and emotional state quite close to the vest and away from the public eye.

Almost to say there is some type of shame connected with mental or emotional illness or problems which stemmed from it.

That's a shame, although I can also understand their wanting their privacy and Jennifer's privacy as well, in case she did not commit suicide, but wandered off somewhere for awhile.

http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/89330822.html

I do wonder however, IF she entered that restaurant where she parked her car, near a boat dock and if anyone saw her there....or if anyone met with here there that was witnessed .

I wonder why they are not releasing a little information? I mean what was her tendancy? Why would she end up at the boatyard? Meet someone there? Was she a gambler the boats are right across the river? Boyfriend? Coworkers? She is a kind of a mystery. They may have reason to believe based on medical history that they shouldnt worry about foul play. I dont know, just seems odd.

I know, this one really baffles me...why family would not want more media attention, if this is the case.
Do they fear suicide? I just can't get a feel here at all...

some people (can't of course speak for all) may feel the public would look askance at the family as most do.
Some might say, "well, IF the daughter has problems, then what's wrong with the family?"
And they may not want to open themselves up to such scrutiny.

My daughter committed suicide and there is nothing wrong with her family Absolutely zero wrong.
She had two loving parents and two loving older sisters who would have moved heaven and earth for her.

Not everyone can handle such a tragic event the same way perhaps as we ultimately did.

This family perhaps wants to keep everything concerning what is known about their child secret, perhaps not unlike the family of missing boater Jon Hemingway.

Everyone is different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back