Fleet White's Letter

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Copying this from FFJ:-

Candy posted this at CS. She has requested that it isn't copied elsewhere but although it would appear we have Candy to thank for its release into the public domain, I'm not sure she can claim copyright. Nevertheless, I won't copy it out of respect for her request:-

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004839;p=2

I've largely had little opinion about Fleet White. He's kept quiet about the Ramsey murder and therefore anything I might think/say would be largely speculation. I certainly don't think he's involved in JonBenet's murder in any way.

Now, like another poster, I think this letter is pertinent because it gives us a greater insight than ever before into his frame of mind.

Candy's comment about the letter is:-

:
....Notice once again how little Fleet says negative about the Ramseys. To him, the real villian is leaks and the press. Funny, he never mentions ST with regard to leaks.

I'll address this first.

The purpose of the letter does not appear to to complain about the Ramseys but rather to stress how the Whites were affected by the media handling of the case.

Fleet White is critical of false press coverage which were hurtful and harmful to his family. Steve Thomas blew the whistle on infighting inside the investigation which was harming the investigtion. That was NOT the purpose or focus of the letter so why should Fleet White mention it?

Although Fleet White does not use the letter to say lots of negative things about the ramseys, he does refer to the fact that the Whites have been critical of the ramseys - when he says:-

JonBenet’s father, John, had been the chief executive of a successful subsidiary of Lockheed Martin. He and his wife had retained prominent lawyers and were not cooperating with the police.

and when he says:-

Priscilla heard a portion of her secret grand jury testimony discussed on television and radio talk program - testimony that had been highly derogatory of one of JonBenet's parents.

Fleet White stressed in this letter that he is a material witness and does not speak about the case publicly. The letter informs us that he is critical of them but that he only repeats these criticisms in the correct forums. IMO, there is nothing significant in the fact that he does not say many negative things about the ramseys in the letter.

Fleet use the letter to apologise for his failure to show at the Miller trial hearings (choosing to go to prison instead). He explained that he felt his summons as a witness was suspicious as he had little to contribute on the matter. He also explained that he felt a conversation initiated by another prior to his being summoned as a witness was no coincidence and that it had been contrived to involve him so that he could be placed in the witness box and questioned about matters which he felt should be reserved for a murder trial. He suspected that there had been an attempt to damage his credibility as a witness.

He expressed the opinion that:-

In the future if I should receive a lawfully served subpoena I will either contest the subpoena in accordance with the court’s procedure or simply comply with the courts order and appear.

We know that he subsequently did comply with future summons as per the Wolf depositions. On this occasion, he appeared and stated that he 'could not recall' certain details of the events surrounding JonBenet's murder. Candy has expressed contempt for Fleet White's refusal to discuss his valuable witness observations about the events of Dec 26, 1996. IMO, this more than validates my opinion about his "amnesia" in the Wolf deposition.

The letter Candy has produced give us a valuable insight into Fleet White's considered opinions. He clearly states that there are things which he knows and has never spoken of:-

I suspected that I would be asked about the events of December 26, 1996 that I had not publicly disclosed for over four years as a witness in the Ramsey investigation.

IMO, this letter more than demonstrates that Fleet White has behaved with honour and sincerity throughout the fiasco.

(also copying this from FFJ)

As I see it, he is a strong-willed and passionate man who from the beginning has remained consistent in his outrage at what he perceived to be a lack of straightforward co-operation and ethical behaviour in the investigation. He and his wife seem to have therefore made up their minds not to co-operate with a "corrupt" investigation (that is - "corrupt" in their view) and have made it clear that they would only co-operate if the investigation was taken over by someone who wouldn't be a puppet to others.

Fleet White hasn't wavered from this. His letter explains that he perceives other lawsuits as orchestrated sideshows and that there may be a real plot to damage his credibility as a witness. He also confirms that he has witness knowledge that he intends to save only for a murder trial and that he will steadfastly refuse to divulge it outwith that scenario.

To protect his witness testimony he has a) failed to turn up at court b) gone to jail c) suffered from amnesia

He has campaigned relentlesslyto have a special prosecutor appointed to take over the case and to run a fair and unbiased investigation. For that, he has been subjected to criticism from those who are frustrated with his refusal to share his testimony with them.

Regarding aliases. I can see PrairieGirl's POV that some people need to have aliases if they are public figures who are just trying to do something anonymously. The Royal family use aliases all the time. So do pop stars and actors. The name "Fleet White" is pretty memorable. I'd be inclined to ask "why", "where" and "when" did Fleet use the alias "Stephen Mason" before judging him about it.

I often use my own name as opposed to my married name. Is that an alias?

One thing is pretty clear to me. If Fleet White did not think there was any reason at all to be suspicious of the Ramseys having ANY part in JonBenet's murder and staging/cover-up - he would not refuse to speak out about it.
There can only be one reason he chooses to remain mum about what he "witnessed" on Dec. 26th, 1996. (He specifically mentions that day)
He obviously witnessed incriminating things that day that are pertinent to the investigation and possible arrest and trial one day.
Were John and Patsy totally innocent and all observations and first hand eye witness knowledge by Fleet from that day - and beyond - confirming innocence and the murder by some unknown intruder - he would NOT have any REASON to remain silent.
He would not have any reason to have jumped all over John Ramsey right after the murder in Atlanta over John's behavior and lawyering up and agreeing to go on national tv.

He has never come out and pled with the public to help find the killer has he?

Fleet White knows a LOT. So does Priscilla.

Hmmm, Steve, in his book, said Fleet was blocking the investigation by NOT being cooperative. In fact in the early BPD releases the Ramseys were noted as being very cooperative, and Fleet was said to be less than a help.

sissi said:
Hmmm, Steve, in his book, said Fleet was blocking the investigation by NOT being cooperative. In fact in the early BPD releases the Ramseys were noted as being very cooperative, and Fleet was said to be less than a help.

Do you have a quote for that Sissi?

Fleet White knows who killed JonBenet. He can't say publicly without violating the Colorado Children's Code and the court's protective order.

JMO

Bluecrab,

PW had said something derogatory about "one of JonBenet's parents" not Burke.

Either Burke is a very sick child or it was an accident... if it was an accident he wouldn't have the ability to get through the interviews with doctors (in my humble opinion) IF he's a monster of some kind I really think by now there would be a story out there from a school or friend.... again my humble opinion. But nothing about him, zip.

Now Patsy... well she has shown some pretty classic 'I'm just a little loopy' behavior and the press has been busy off and on parading both Patsy and John's wacky statements and behavior. Not Burke.

Jubie

Burke "got through" the interviews because everyone, including LE, chalked up his strange behavior and peculiar replies to certain questions to his being just a poor little kid who'd just lost his sister.

imo

What kind of evil nut is this Candy person? Why on earth would she hate FW so much that she'd post that, which actually makes him sound sane. Unlike the person who tried to make him look bad.

I don't blame FW for keeping quiet about what he knows. Remember that kooky Internet reporter who thought everything should be open to the public? LOL Case integrity requires gag orders and professional silence. I have no doubt FW will remember every facet of the horrors he witnessed when he gets on the witness stand.

Jayelles,

Are there any further developments regarding the case documents that Michael Tracey flashed on the screen during his documentary in the UK and that you captured from the screen?

The one document listed the names of those who have been cleared with respect to the DNA found in JonBenet's panties. The name of Doug Stine did not appear, even though he had been swabbed for DNA testing.

I'm interested in finding out if Doug's name appears elsewhere in an official document of some kind that excludes him as the contributor of the DNA in JonBenet's panties.

Thanks.

JMO

halycon said:
What kind of evil nut is this Candy person? Why on earth would she hate FW so much that she'd post that, which actually makes him sound sane. Unlike the person who tried to make him look bad.

I don't blame FW for keeping quiet about what he knows. Remember that kooky Internet reporter who thought everything should be open to the public? LOL Case integrity requires gag orders and professional silence. I have no doubt FW will remember every facet of the horrors he witnessed when he gets on the witness stand.

She has a personal vendetta against Fleet after supporting him for years. The only thing I can think of is the Whites grew tired of her stalking/working with attitude and blew her off finally.

The letter makes me think more of Fleet and his family and what pain they endured over the years. I also understand more of Fleet's reluctance to testify in the cases...when Haddon et all are completely controlling the outcome.

If the case ever goes to trial...Fleet and Priscilla will be two of the best witnesses JonBenet ever had.

Where John and Patsy are boasting on national tv of giving to charity, 'cause it just flowed from them! And then leave bogus telephone numbers, websites and charities in their wake...I want to puke!!! Heck I was 'conned' into buying their book, thinking the money was to go to charity, like the cover said. Instead the charity did nothing and then went private to hide it's do nothingness....all in the honor of 'that child'.

Fleet and Priscilla do not 'boast' of their actions, cooperated with interviews and suffered a great deal of humilation to maintaine their integrity in the event of a trial...whereas John and Patsy want to get on with their lives, which involves the occasion book/interview telling everyone how wonderful they are.

Cybersleuths went to pot after Skydog left...most of their old posters are here (me) or at FFJ.

Candy talks about the first amendment but I do recall her "suggesting" I delete a thread over at CS.

Fleet basically blew Candy off so she pulls a Skanky and starts slamming him any chance she gets.

BlueCrab said:
Jayelles,

Are there any further developments regarding the case documents that Michael Tracey flashed on the screen during his documentary in the UK and that you captured from the screen?

The one document listed the names of those who have been cleared with respect to the DNA found in JonBenet's panties. The name of Doug Stine did not appear, even though he had been swabbed for DNA testing.

I'm interested in finding out if Doug's name appears elsewhere in an official document of some kind that excludes him as the contributor of the DNA in JonBenet's panties.

Thanks.

JMO

I'm not sure what you mean by "further developments regarding the case documents". There weren't any issues about the case documents. I only posted that particular graphic because it seemed to me that the names scored out could be figured out with a high degree of probability! The only ongoing issues from the documentry are with regard to the British public being misled (the TV legislators are investigating this complaint but they take months to draw their conclusions) and Mr X being libelled (and I think you won't read anything about that on the forums).

At Cybersleuths, Candy is posting that Fleet White and someone called "Stephen Mason" use the same SS#. The implication is that Fleet White uses an alias and that this is sinister.

My question is - is Fleet White using the alias Stephen Mason, or is someone called Stephen Mason using the SS# belonging to Fleet White? I'd want to know the background to this before jumping to any conclusions. I'd also want to know what the stats are for two names sharing a SS# and what explanations there are for that (from the SS)

I also like to find the simplest explanations before forming any convoluted and sinister theories. Fleet White has a fairly famous name - thanks to his father's oil business and also now, thanks to the Ramsey case. Famous people often use aliases to enable them to do ordinary things - e.g. as another poster pointed out "booking a table at a restaurant".

Only when these other explanations are ruled out would I view this as potentially sinister.

Candy says of certain Internet posters (and I quote under Fair Use):-

They never "stalked" him in person, never threatened his person. They gave their opinions on the internet, which the First Amendment allows them to do.

White could have sued these people of course in civil court, but he never did.

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004839

I ask - how does Candy suppose Fleet could have sued these people if they hadn't committed any offence?

Jayelles said:
I only posted that particular graphic because it seemed to me that the names scored out could be figured out with a high degree of probability!

Jayelles,

The Tracey document you posted, if authentic, is much more significant than that. It could be one of the most important Ramsey case documents made public to date. It revealed the names of suspects who have been eliminated as possible contributors of the DNA found in JonBenet's underwear.

By the process of elimination, any suspect's name NOT appearing on the document can be considered a possible contributor of the DNA.

Doug Stine's DNA sample was taken by the police, but his name was not on the list. Therefore, unless there are additional documents showing otherwise, Doug Stine has not been eliminated as the contributor of the DNA found in JonBenet's underwear.

JMO

Jayelles said:
My question is - is Fleet White using the alias Stephen Mason, or is someone called Stephen Mason using the SS# belonging to Fleet White? I'd want to know the background to this before jumping to any conclusions. I'd also want to know what the stats are for two names sharing a SS# and what explanations there are for that (from the SS)

Whatever the actual statistics are for this happening, it is a severe enough problem that the Social Security Administration has created a dedicated page on their site about it, and further documents and forms people can draw upon to resolve the issue.

http://tinyurl.com/58mh4

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10064.html

BlueCrab said:
Jayelles,

The Tracey document you posted, if authentic, is much more significant than that. It could be one of the most important Ramsey case documents made public to date. It revealed the names of suspects who have been eliminated as possible contributors of the DNA found in JonBenet's underwear.

By the process of elimination, any suspect's name NOT appearing on the document can be considered a possible contributor of the DNA.

Doug Stine's DNA sample was taken by the police, but his name was not on the list. Therefore, unless there are additional documents showing otherwise, Doug Stine has not been eliminated as the contributor of the DNA found in JonBenet's underwear.

JMO

I assume that the DNA samples were taken over a period of time. We don't know the date of that document - perhaps that was the first flush of tests and Doug stine was tested after it? My point is that there maybe other explanations other than that he wasn't eliminated.

If you want a copy of the video or any other info from the video, I'm sure it could be arranged. My video and DVD formats are European and would require to be converted tho.

Incidentally - and this is for any interested parties. It costs £50+ to convert a video here from US format to European. However, my brother's partner told me that she paid only a few dollars to have a home video converted from US to European to send to us last Christmas. She seemed puzzled that I thought it would be expensive. She said she paid not much more than the cost of a blank video tape to have it done. She got it done at a photography shop in a local mall.

Jayelles said:
Do you have a quote for that Sissi?

Jayelles, I would love to go to the book and find the page, however the author chose not to give a detailed index. I will say this, I have read Steve's book for the fifth time, and know within the pages you will find this information . If you skip through,looking for White's name,you will find two pages concerning this issue,the first dealing with the very early days, the second dealing with the later (1998) time when he refused to speak unless a special prosecutor was brought in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back