of the 6-year-old beauty queen, who was
brutally murdered in her Boulder, Colo., home
over Christmas 1996.
“This is someone’s sick idea of entertainment,”
blasts famed forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril
Wecht. “I’m appalled. These lurid photos should
have remained sealed in the police fi les.”
Two of the pictures show the rope that was
wrapped around JonBenet’s neck to strangle her.
Another is a chilling shot of her bloody skull with
a deep fracture, where she was hit in the head by
her killer.

*Snip*
And the last paragraph of the article:

And Wecht is not alone in his fury. Tricia
Griffi th, owner of the top true-crime Web site
Websleuths.com, tells GLOBE, “I’ve never seen
this music video before, and I was shocked and
disgusted that those autopsy and crime scene
images were used.”
BOB BURNS and DAWNA KAUFMANN

This is a really good article and I would recommend buying The Globe to get the whole story.

The Tabs do not post the whole story on their website. That's why you have to buy it.

I am so fortunate to have stumbled upon websleuths Tricia! Yours was the first site of its sort I have ever encountered. Since that time I admit to having checked out a few others (why do I feel like a cheater when I confess that? :) ) and discovered ours here at Webseluths is leaps and bounds above the other forums.

Superior membership in personality, in numbers, in TOS and rules protecting the innocent. You are setting the example of how it should be done Tricia. It's why we all continue to keep coming.

Congratulations, Websleuths has been mentioned quite a bit lately in the media, it certainly means you are doing something right.

But I respect your feelings, and as such will delete.

This is completely my fault.

I should have stated that, without question, I do not want the video posted here.

Please forgive me.

Thank you,
Tricia

I did buy it when I saw your name.

Wecht is right: Lou Smit's legacy lives on, and more's the pity for it.

Tadpole, I assume you posted the video because you noticed that there is nothing in that video that we haven't seen many times in our research looking for evidence to figure out this mystery, since no one in LE is every going to do it, it appears.

So don't worry about it. Those photos are horrible, but Wecht obviously has no idea they came to us compliments of Intruder Smit, the Ramsey shill who did what he wanted with autopsy photos, crime scene photos, and paraded them around to every media outlet who would listen to his propaganda campaign on behalf of the Ramseys.

So we hard core case researchers are going to look at them, and keep the record, because they, more than any other piece of evidence in this entire case, are the naked truth about what this really is about: a 6 year old child, dead, on an autopsy table because her body was abused and murdered. Yes, it's obscene, but we are not being entertained, Mr. Wecht.

We are holding the vigil her own family has never kept: LOOK AT THIS LOST LIFE; LOOK WHAT SOMEONE DID TO HER; DON'T FORGET, BECAUSE THAT PERSON HAS NEVER BEEN BROUGHT TO JUSTICE; WE WON'T ABANDON HER, UNLIKE HER OWN FAMILY.

The obscenity is not ours. It belongs to the killer. That killer has never once expressed remorse, regret, offered an apology, or even admitted the truth. That killer is still unidentified. That killer still denies JonBenet justice.

No, it's not pretty. But Wecht wrote his own book on the topic and he spared no details or expert opinions, either. While I once might have been shocked, once have been indignant, once have been disgusted, now I'm jaded.

If these photos being released by Smit with a smile to the public didn't tell us something by that very fact, didn't move the killer, haven't caused an outcry of shock and sorrow and protest from this child's own family in a media they have used to express self-pity and denial so often we know them better than we ever wanted to, then what choice do we have but to keep following that evidence, since they refuse to themselves, deliberately crippling LE in the investigation at every turn.

Child murder isn't pretty. This child's murder has been paraded around, yes, like *advertiser censored*, by none other than Team Ramsey. If you want to know whose hand set this in motion, it's a terrible procession to follow, but no one else whose job is it to do this has, so follow I have.

Had the Ramseys once ever told Smit to cease and desist spreading those autopsy photos in the media, giving copies to tabloid sources-for-sale like jams, would he have done so? No way to know. But I don't believe I ever once saw the Ramseys complain about it, not even through attorney Wood. NOT ONCE.

Let's hear their voices weigh in on this. Because there are many family photos that have been released to private websites, also used in the youtube vidoes on JonBenet Ramsey. The people who make these videos often are young, mean well, and are given permission to use those exclusive photos for their creative efforts. They are by and large Ramsey supporters, as well, still looking for the intruder to be found. Who is their source? Did the Ramseys object to that?

Here's the bottom line: the Ramseys have used any and every media to spread their "intruder" propaganda. They have never shied away from any image or claim or documentary that promoted what they want the public to believe. Yet they complain bitterly through Lin Wood and refuse to cooperate (as ever) if LE even wants to ask them questions.

That's the obscenity in this case, IMO. It's their legacy, not ours.

Tadpole, I assume you posted the video because you noticed that there is nothing in that video that we haven't seen many times in our research looking for evidence to figure out this mystery, since no one in LE is every going to do it, it appears.

So don't worry about it. Those photos are horrible, but Wecht obviously has no idea they came to us compliments of Intruder Smit, the Ramsey shill who did what he wanted with autopsy photos, crime scene photos, and paraded them around to every media outlet who would listen to his propaganda campaign on behalf of the Ramseys.

So we hard core case researchers are going to look at them, and keep the record, because they, more than any other piece of evidence in this entire case, are the naked truth about what this really is about: a 6 year old child, dead, on an autopsy table because her body was abused and murdered. Yes, it's obscene, but we are not being entertained, Mr. Wecht.

We are holding the vigil her own family has never kept: LOOK AT THIS LOST LIFE; LOOK WHAT SOMEONE DID TO HER; DON'T FORGET, BECAUSE THAT PERSON HAS NEVER BEEN BROUGHT TO JUSTICE; WE WON'T ABANDON HER, UNLIKE HER OWN FAMILY.

The obscenity is not ours. It belongs to the killer. That killer has never once expressed remorse, regret, offered an apology, or even admitted the truth. That killer is still unidentified. That killer still denies JonBenet justice.

No, it's not pretty. But Wecht wrote his own book on the topic and he spared no details or expert opinions, either. While I once might have been shocked, once have been indignant, once have been disgusted, now I'm jaded.

If these photos being released by Smit with a smile to the public didn't tell us something by that very fact, didn't move the killer, haven't caused an outcry of shock and sorrow and protest from this child's own family in a media they have used to express self-pity and denial so often we know them better than we ever wanted to, then what choice do we have but to keep following that evidence, since they refuse to themselves, deliberately crippling LE in the investigation at every turn.

Child murder isn't pretty. This child's murder has been paraded around, yes, like *advertiser censored*, by none other than Team Ramsey. If you want to know whose hand set this in motion, it's a terrible procession to follow, but no one else whose job is it to do this has, so follow I have.

Had the Ramseys once ever told Smit to cease and desist spreading those autopsy photos in the media, giving copies to tabloid sources-for-sale like jams, would he have done so? No way to know. But I don't believe I ever once saw the Ramseys complain about it, not even through attorney Wood. NOT ONCE.

Let's here their voices weigh in on this. Because there are many family photos that have been released to private websites, also used in the youtube vidoes on JonBenet Ramsey. The people who make these videos often are young, mean well, and are given permission to use those exclusive photos for the creative efforts. Who is that source? Did the Ramseys object to that?

Here's the bottom line: the Ramseys have used any and every media to spread their "intruder" propaganda. They have never shied away from any image or claim or documentary that promoted what they want the public to believe. Yet they complain bitterly through Lin Wood and refuse to cooperate (as ever) if LE even wants to ask them questions.

That's the obscenity in this case, IMO. It's their legacy, not ours.

At least now, Smit's in a place where he'll have to answer for what he did.

The mailman comes around to everybody's door eventually.

I'm confused here. Why is Smit being blamed for the autopsy pictures being released? I'm pretty sure The Globe were the ones who released them back in 1997. Isn't that what the article is about? How it's sick that someone is making a video with JBR autopsy pictures? So what does Smit have to do with that? I wasn't aware that he was the one who gave the pictures to The Globe who published them.

I'm confused here. Why is Smit being blamed for the autopsy pictures being released? I'm pretty sure The Globe were the ones who released them back in 1997. Isn't that what the article is about? How it's sick that someone is making a video with JBR autopsy pictures? So what does Smit have to do with that? I wasn't aware that he was the one who gave the pictures to The Globe who published them.

He didn't. The photos the GLOBE ran were crime scene photos, not autopsy photos. The autopsy photos were not publically available until Smit had them broadcast all over the network news morning shows.

And if you'll allow me to explain how that happened, you might better understand why so many people like myself are upset about it.

During his time in the investigation, he had access to those autopsy photos. But when he quit as the Grand Jury was being formed, he illegally kept copies of them on a computer CD-ROM. The DA's office demanded that he return what he had taken. He refused. He went to a lawyer, cooked up a BS story about how the DA's grand jury expert was trying to destroy evidence of an intruder, and blackmailed the DA by threatening to expose the DA's connections with tabloids. The DA caved and let him keep them. Smit then went on a modern-day travelling medicine show with the media using those ghastly photos.

That about sums it up. Anybody care to add anything?

Yeah. Can HIS autopsy photos be published? Turnabout is fair play, after all.

So the Globe is reporting the case is solved (again)? Has anyone actually read the article and if so, does the Globe say who the perp was?

Interesting that there has been no announcement from the DA about solving the case, which leads me to believe that the actual article provides no such information.

Did anybody else happen to notice the smaller headline on the front page (bottom right):

"Angie's Jealous of Shiloh" "Is she harming her 4 yo daughter?"

Of course this is referring to Angelina Jolie being jealous of her daughter. Talk about ironic! I have to wonder if this was a coincidence.

ooohhh no! kind of alarming.Maybe that's why she always dresses her like a boy?

That is just weird. How in the world could anybody be jealous of their own child. I know it happens....and it's just pathetic.

I am going to check out a copy of the Globe tomorrow..and let you guys know what it says..unless someone else beats me to it.

So the Globe is reporting the case is solved (again)? Has anyone actually read the article and if so, does the Globe say who the perp was?

Interesting that there has been no announcement from the DA about solving the case, which leads me to believe that the actual article provides no such information.

I didn't buy it, and forgot to read it at the checkout when I went food shopping yesterday....anyone buy it?

I didn't buy it, and forgot to read it at the checkout when I went food shopping yesterday....anyone buy it?
I did!:wave: Tricia is only mentioned in the last paragraph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back