5 killed, 4 injured in crash in southeast Michigan

Dark Knight

Reaction score
GREEN OAK TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Five people were killed and four others seriously injured Sunday when a car crossed the median of a busy southeastern Michigan expressway and struck an SUV, authorities say.

The crash happened about 3:30 p.m. on U.S. 23 in Livingston County's Green Oak Township, just south of Brighton and about 30 miles northwest of Detroit. Authorities closed the highway for about four hours.

Three people were dead at the scene and two others died at a hospital, the township police department said in a news release.

Police said the accident happened when a northbound Toyota Prius with four teenagers in it crossed the median and hit a southbound Chevrolet Blazer carrying five people.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101011/ap_on_re_us/us_michigan_fatal_crash

May their souls rest in peace and may the Lord comfort those left behind, and heal the wounded, in Jesus' Name, amen.

i have driven on that stretch of road many times. it is dangerous. there is next to nothing separating the directions of traffic. people tend to drive very fast on it. and it is poorly marked. it is not the first fatal accident there. a few years back i remember a semi rolling over resulting in fatalities.

prayers with the families and friends. how devastating for their classmates.

Blue, I drive that stretch of road every day and live close by. This stretch is close to the interchange with 96, so it gets a lot of traffic. There is also a police station (Green Oak Twp.) and a fire station (right at Silver Lake Rd.) right there. It may be the only reason some of them survived - because they got help right away.

Don't remember where I read it (lots of local news coverage), but one article indicated that the Grandmother's last words were asking about the safety of her grandchildren - and the resucer was able to reassure her that they were Ok (although he knew they were injured, all were in car seats and were not as badly hurt).

This is so tragic. There but for the grace of God......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back