911 Call

Bobbarita

Reaction score
I searched for a thread with this topic but failed to find it. Anyway, I've been revisiting all the documents, transcripts, etc. It's been a while, so I almost feel like I have "fresh eyes". About the 911 call. 1st sentence, Patsy sounds like she's dictating where the case is going to go. "We have a kidnapping here". ????! Does not compute for me. I am a mother whose daughter was of similar age to JB when it all came down. Natural response IMO would be,
"My daughter's been kidnapped!". Also, "She's six years old, she's blond". What? It's just lame. Examining the transcript of the call for agenda as well as content. Patsy's arrogance (along with her drama queen performance) leaps out at me. Say all you want about the way an individual would or wouldn't react. The 911 call is the first contact and it's got bogus written and spoken all over it.

Also, "She's six years old, she's blond". What? It's just lame.

I thought that too. “She’s 6 years old. She’s blonde, 6 years old." The whole call was weird and awkward. Also the whole "No, I don’t, please, we just got up and she’s not here. Oh my God Please." (bbm) Patsy's making darn sure that it is known that they "just got up and she's gone!"

can you add a link for ease of reference? or can we get the transcript into this thread?

I can. Sorry about that, here it is:

PR: (inaudible) police.
911: (inaudible)
PR: 755 Fifteenth Street
911: What is going on there ma’am?
PR: We have a kidnapping...Hurry, please
911: Explain to me what is going on, ok?
PR: We have a ...There’s a note left and our daughter is gone
911: A note was left and your daughter is gone?
PR: Yes.
911: How old is you daughter?
PR: She is six years old she is blond...six years old
911: How long ago was this?
PR: I don’t know. Just found a note a note and my daughter is missing
911: Does it say who took her?
PR: What?
911: Does it say who took her?
PR: No I don’t know it’s there...there is a ransom note here.
911: It’s a ransom note.
PR: It says S.B.T.C. Victory...please
911: Ok, what’s your name? Are you...
PR: Patsy Ramsey...I am the mother. Oh my God. Please.
911: I’m...Ok, I’m sending an officer over, ok?
PR: Please.
911: Do you know how long she’s been gone?
PR: No, I don’t, please, we just got up and she’s not here. Oh my God Please.
911: Ok.
PR: Please send somebody.
911: I am, honey.
PR: Please.
911: Take a deep breath (inaudible).
PR: Hurry, hurry, hurry (inaudible).
911: Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?

Here's the 911 call... [ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3744"]Listen To Patsy Ramsey's 911 Call. Hear the Truth. Lin Wood Lied. - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Also odd: "I am the mother."

Really? It's so stilted. Like she's already filled in the rest: I am the mother of the victim. I am the mother...it will be reported by the media. I am the mother...mourning the death of her daughter. Well, maybe it's nothing, but I noticed it.

She's already said "our daughter," "my daughter," the 911 operator said "your daughter"...how many times?

Remember that Patsy had a degree in journalism and worked in the field for years after she married John. She also worked with him while he got his small company off the ground.

More importantly, Patsy was a state champion and national champion runner up in...acting competition for several years when she was in high school. I coached students in that kind of competition--"oral interpretation"--as well as attended the competitions. The winners could perform on Broadway, make no mistake. These young people are really talented and take your breath away. That was Patsy.

She also wrote a monologue days before her Miss America talent competition, because her standard, award-winning monologue was from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brody and she was denied rights to perform it by the publisher because it was to be aired on national TV. She did so well she won a scholarship for that performance. I'm telling you, she was good.

Was she performing for the 911 operator? Since I firmly believe she wrote the note--also bringing her journalism and writing talents to bear--and is linked to the crime through other evidence, yeah, I think she was performing. She probably jogged in place for a few minutes before she called. That's an old trick long used in acting techniques.

Well, that's my opinion, anyhow.

I totally agree, KK. I think the adrenaline had run out hours ago (before she wrote the note) and this was all the drama queen could give. I've said it before and I'll say it again, had this kidnapping been real, John Ramsey would have made that call. He knows, we know, LE knows, and every IDI in the world knows.

Of course this all my opinion, I'm sure an IDI will come along any minute to explain why JR was too busy to make the call. yeah, right.

Really? It's so stilted. Like she's already filled in the rest: I am the mother of the victim. I am the mother...it will be reported by the media. I am the mother...mourning the death of her daughter. Well, maybe it's nothing, but I noticed it.

She's already said "our daughter," "my daughter," the 911 operator said "your daughter"...how many times?

Remember that Patsy had a degree in journalism and worked in the field for years after she married John. She also worked with him while he got his small company off the ground.

More importantly, Patsy was a state champion and national champion runner up in...acting competition for several years when she was in high school. I coached students in that kind of competition--"oral interpretation"--as well as attended the competitions. The winners could perform on Broadway, make no mistake. These young people are really talented and take your breath away. That was Patsy.

She also wrote a monologue days before her Miss America talent competition, because her standard, award-winning monologue was from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brody and she was denied rights to perform it by the publisher because it was to be aired on national TV. She did so well she won a scholarship for that performance. I'm telling you, she was good.

Was she performing for the 911 operator? Since I firmly believe she wrote the note--also bringing her journalism and writing talents to bear--and is linked to the crime through other evidence, yeah, I think she was performing. She probably jogged in place for a few minutes before she called. That's an old trick long used in acting techniques.

See I never knew about that trick. I always thought she ran up and down the staircase a few times to get that out of breath effect (which failed in my opinion cause she carried it on waaay too long in the call - gasping for air etc. = bad acting)

Sure she was acting...just like when she was acting when she gave that "Jesus, you raised Lazarus from the dead, want you please raise by baby", speech. Makes me sick to my stomach!

I totally agree, KK. I think the adrenaline had run out hours ago (before she wrote the note) and this was all the drama queen could give. I've said it before and I'll say it again, had this kidnapping been real, John Ramsey would have made that call. He knows, we know, LE knows, and every IDI in the world knows.

Of course this all my opinion, I'm sure an IDI will come along any minute to explain why JR was too busy to make the call. yeah, right.

I have said it before...even Haney, during one of Patsy's official interviews, wondered the exact same thing. Haney asked her what John's demeanor was at this time, and she said that he was calm and collected. I bet that if she knew what his next question was going to be (Why didn't John make the 911 call then?), she would have told him that John was freaking out worse than her.

(Why didn't John make the 911 call then?), she would have told him that John was freaking out worse than her.

Yup, John knew he wasn't a good enough actor to pull it off!

Interesting case in AOL news today- police in North Carolina are prepared to arrest a woman in the death of her disabled stepdaughter. (the pretty young girl was deaf and had a prosthetic leg). She was reported "missing" by her father and stepmother. The stepmother "found" a ransom note asking for a million $. She later admitted she wrote the note....
A fire was reported in the home on the same day the girl was reported "missing". Police don't know if the fire is related to her death.

Another bunch of geniuses.

Interesting case in AOL news today- police in North Carolina are prepared to arrest a woman in the death of her disabled stepdaughter. (the pretty young girl was deaf and had a prosthetic leg). She was reported "missing" by her father and stepmother. The stepmother "found" a ransom note asking for a million $. She later admitted she wrote the note....
A fire was reported in the home on the same day the girl was reported "missing". Police don't know if the fire is related to her death.

DeeDee, I saw that story too and was going to post it here ... that woman "pulled a Ramsey" more so than anyone I've seen lately. But notice that the suspicion immediately fell on the stepmom? It's because her story was preposterous! Just like some other people we know ... :banghead:

DeeDee, I saw that story too and was going to post it here ... that woman "pulled a Ramsey" more so than anyone I've seen lately. But notice that the suspicion immediately fell on the stepmom? It's because her story was preposterous! Just like some other people we know ... :banghead:

I guess it's a good thing this didn't happen in Boulder. That pesky Intruder would be getting the credit. I can hear it now, it's the same one that killed JonBenet, he just learned to ask for more money.

If I'm not mistaken, this case took place in Hickory, North Carolina - the hometown of internet Ramsey defender.........Jameson.

I think the handwriting was a dead give away in the NC case. At least that is what my morning news show said. The mother also has a history of abusing the girl.

I think the handwriting was a dead give away in the NC case. At least that is what my morning news show said. The mother also has a history of abusing the girl.

A lot of people feel that the handwriting in this case was and is a dead giveaway. The only difference I can see is that this woman didn't have the money to hire her own experts to muddy up the water.

And as for having a history, that's relevant to the NC case because it appears to have been a premeditated murder, not an unintentional killing.

I'm not trying to make trouble for you, CathyR. I'm just spitballing here.

The wierdest thing to me about the call is that she hung up on the 911 operator so quickly. That doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone I know that has had to call 911 for an emergency hangs on. It's like your lifeline to cling to, you know? Especially if you are in a panic...did I give the address? do they have it? how long will it take you to get here? what else can I tell you so you can help?

I just think that hangup is sooo odd. Then there's those extra seconds. If she dropped the phone or sank to the floor why didn't John come to the phone right after and talk to them? He was always Mr. Calm and Collected, right? His daughter is missing. Wow, my wife was in a panic- I wonder if they got everything right, the directions, what do they need to know? Let me grab the phone. Oh she hung up? I better call them right back.

Thats kind of my stream-of-consciousness post as to how I figure it should have gone. No, I have not had a child kidnapped and I know I have no right to judge their reactions. I just think it is strange. It sets my hinky meter off.

The wierdest thing to me about the call is that she hung up on the 911 operator so quickly. That doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone I know that has had to call 911 for an emergency hangs on. It's like your lifeline to cling to, you know? Especially if you are in a panic...did I give the address? do they have it? how long will it take you to get here? what else can I tell you so you can help?

I just think that hangup is sooo odd. Then there's those extra seconds. If she dropped the phone or sank to the floor why didn't John come to the phone right after and talk to them? He was always Mr. Calm and Collected, right? His daughter is missing. Wow, my wife was in a panic- I wonder if they got everything right, the directions, what do they need to know? Let me grab the phone. Oh she hung up? I better call them right back.

Thats kind of my stream-of-consciousness post as to how I figure it should have gone. No, I have not had a child kidnapped and I know I have no right to judge their reactions. I just think it is strange. It sets my hinky meter off.

Mine too...and why in the world did Patsy get appointed to make the call in the first place. She admitted in her interview that John was calm and collected, and that she was hysterical. My version of events...
Patsy: "John...I am hysterical....could you please call 911. You are so calm and collected, you would be better suited for this". John: "Why no Patsy, I think that YOU should be the one to make the 911 call. I know that I am the calm, cool CEO...and that there is not one iota of panic in my voice. And yes, I agree...I would be better suited to make the call. Probably more understandable than you are right now. Our daughter is missing, but instead of me calling 911 with my calm, collected self, I think that you...who is completely hysterical....should do it."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back