1032 users online (230 members and 802 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 544
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,840

    NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #3

    Please continue here

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116704"]Thread #1[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116875"]Thread #2[/ame]
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    L.I., NY
    Posts
    6,508
    On HLN now.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Wondering if we should alter the title of the thread as theAMBER alert has been cancelled. Would it now be classified as missing person LE suspect foul play?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777
    I think this smalltown LE has done a great job in moving the case along this far and feel they will work with other agencies to get their convictions.

    First, let's get dad to say where Zahra is, before he gets a lawyer, if he has not already. And then they can worry about prosecutions.

    It still amazes me that Terri Horman out in Oregon has been able to hold out for so long, if guilty, as generally LE does a great job in obtaining confessions.)
    Just my opinion, of course.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky!
    Posts
    551
    Sawmills address per an earlier post with map
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...b16f6302ffba91
    was Phillip Lane

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sawmills, NC
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Wondering if we should alter the title of the thread as theAMBER alert has been cancelled. Would it now be classified as missing person LE suspect foul play?
    It's now classified as a homicide investigation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,158
    "Zahra Clare Baker had a "horrible home life" and was frequently locked in her room, a relative said Tuesday.

    Zahra was reported missing about 2 p.m. Saturday. Police have said her father, Adam Baker, and stepmother, Elisa Baker, reported she was last seen sleeping in her bed about 12 hours earlier, at 2:30 a.m."

    No one can say yet that they have seen Zahra within the last month, yet the father reports that she was in her bed 12 hours before he reports her missing. I'm sorry but unless he blindly believes anything his wife tells him, then he's involved in this homicide of his daughter as well. This is just terrible.

    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/12...m-note/?hpt=T2

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sawmills, NC
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by distracted 1976 View Post
    Sawmills address per an earlier post with map
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...b16f6302ffba91
    was Phillip Lane
    Thanks this is 3 or 4 minutes from me. Going to grab hubby and the camera and see what I can find.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Quote Originally Posted by kcsmom76 View Post
    It's now classified as a homicide investigation.
    Perhaps our thread title should reflect that now then.

    Cubby, can you do that?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  10. #10

    Case of missing girl turns into homicide investigation

    "Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said at a news conference Tuesday that the girl's stepmother confessed to writing a ransom note found at the house where the girl lived. The woman has also asked for an attorney.

    Elisa Baker has been charged with felony obstruction of justice in the disappearance of Zahra Baker. " <snipped>

    http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...-investigation

    Update for those checking in.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    422
    I am still curious if Zahra had been to doctor since being in the states. Wondering if her remission was being monitored at all?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sawmills, NC
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by distracted 1976 View Post
    Sawmills address per an earlier post with map
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...b16f6302ffba91
    was Phillip Lane
    I looked on Google map satelite version to give me visual. I wonder if it is in the trailer park or the trailer on the street? Do we have a house number?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    TY for title change
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by supermom71 View Post
    I am still curious if Zahra had been to doctor since being in the states. Wondering if her remission was being monitored at all?
    the chief asked for anyone who has seen her in the past month to come forward hopefully someone will.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    "Zahra Clare Baker had a "horrible home life" and was frequently locked in her room, a relative said Tuesday.

    Zahra was reported missing about 2 p.m. Saturday. Police have said her father, Adam Baker, and stepmother, Elisa Baker, reported she was last seen sleeping in her bed about 12 hours earlier, at 2:30 a.m."

    No one can say yet that they have seen Zahra within the last month, yet the father reports that she was in her bed 12 hours before he reports her missing. I'm sorry but unless he blindly believes anything his wife tells him, then he's involved in this homicide of his daughter as well. This is just terrible.

    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/12...m-note/?hpt=T2
    Major timeline problem in that the search warrant says the fire department came at 0520.

    So the child was seen at 0230, she is killed, her body decomposes enough for dog hits (which you is technically possible but is the least of the problems with the time lie).... her decomposing body is in contact with both vehicles, a ransom note is admittedly written by stepmom, a fire is set and the fire department arrives.

    In less than three hours.

    No one checks on the child for the entire day and she is reported missing at 1400.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 542
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:49 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 649
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 23
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 549
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:06 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 532
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6
    By Cubby in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 559
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM