1222 users online (242 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 578
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161

    Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #2

    Please continue here.


    Thread 1


    Salem

    Here are the latest articles on this case:

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Investigator in Falcon Lake 'Mexico pirates' attack is beheaded: sources
    Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:38 PM

    The lead Mexican investigator working to solve the case of an American allegedly attacked by pirates has been killed, and sources say he was brutally decapitated.

    Rolando Flores was the commander of a team of police investigating the disappearance and reported shooting of David Hartley on a Mexican border lake last month.

    Ruben Dario-Rios, spokesman for the state prosecutor's office in the area, confirmed his death, telling The Associated Press that authorities "don't know how or why he was killed," and that they "don't have any details on how died."

    Flores' headless body was left in a suitcase in front of a Mexican military compound on Tuesday, Texas Rep. Aaron Peña told CNN.

    The investigator had been out searching the Falcon Lake area for clues to Hartley's disappearance on Monday, but never made it home.

    "Shortly afterward, they found his head in the suitcase," Lesley Lopez, press secretary for U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Tex), told CNN.


    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz12CVVr46t
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Mexican investigator probing lake shooting slain
    2 hours ago

    Rios said authorities "don't know how or why he was killed. We don't have any details on how he died."

    U.S. officials have said threats from drug gangs who control the area around Falcon Lake have hampered the search for Hartley.

    Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday that backing off when confronted by threats like the slaying of the police commander is "the worst thing we can do."

    "I think their attempt is to intimidate law enforcement, no matter who they are or where they are," Perry told The Associated Press. Their message is to "stay out of their territory."

    "The worst thing we can do is let the terrorists dictate the terms of how we're going to live."

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ocId=D9IQFGVO0

    Thank you BeanE!

    Salem
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-20-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

  2. #2
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Not sure if this has been posted, it's dated yesterday, but it's an 18 min audio of Tiffany. Very informative..I think.

    Forensics team still analyzing blood from Hartley vest

    http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...team-vest.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, it's dated yesterday, but it's an 18 min audio of Tiffany. Very informative..I think.

    Forensics team still analyzing blood from Hartley vest

    http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...team-vest.html

    Yowzer - that audio. She sounds positively giddy at times. I'll need to listen again and take notes but I noted some odd things in the tape. Thanks for posting I missed this somehow.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    I guess this answers the question of why they gave the life vest back already - they have NOT returned it!

    Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said the vest has not been returned to the couple’s family, even though the blue-and-green garment was featured on NBC’s Today show Monday morning during an “exclusive look” at evidence authorities have analyzed.
    http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...team-vest.html
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    From article posted by hollyblue:

    http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...team-vest.html

    The sheriff said he has not considered giving Young-Hartley a polygraph test after a CNN reporter asked the young woman whether she would be willing to submit to one. Gonzalez said such a test would be “inconclusive” and “unacceptable.”

    “I cannot force her to take one,” Gonzalez said. “I believe her story, so why would I ask her for a polygraph?”

    A DPS video that surfaced on Friday showed the Hartleys as a trooper pulled them over just hours before the man’s apparent death. Gonzalez said he had not seen the video until Friday �” eight days after the initial incident. The sheriff said he only saw the video after DPS released it to the press.

    “I have very open records,” Gonzalez said. “If I have something, se los doy (I give it to you).”
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

  6. #6

    Timeline

    The timeline does not add up for the video. There are so many inconsistencies in Tiffany's story. I find it suspect that for some odd reason she had his truck keys. Why would she have them if he drove the truck? Simple answer is she would not. I am in Federal law enforcement and have to shoot at a range with NON MOVING TARGETS. It is fact that if the target is moving and the shooter is also moving at high speeds in a boat, The shooter will never get a clean shot to the head. Unless I apply all fundamentals of shooting, I will not hit my target.This only happens in Hollywood. Perhaps Tiffany saw this on "Miami Vice". If they did have automatic weapons like Tiffany preaches....There will be hundreds of shots being spayed everywhere. Furthermore if her Jet ski is moving at a high rate of speed, It would be impossible for her to see rounds hitting the water, not to mention hear them. In addition it is insult to injury when she tells her story and she claims she went back to get him. I can not speculate enough how much of the truth she is not telling. It is interesting on her Facebook page she is always posting about her boring life. It is also interesting that she is a fan of Dave Ramsey and goes so far to say that he has helped her. Suspect that there were financial problems. It looked like they lived a lavish lifestyle as well. Jet ski's, motorcycles, Trucks. I could go on and on. Tiffany needs to be investigated, and I'll add some more insight into this;, she indeed is. The authority's do not believe her, They are allowing her to tell her story and run the media so they can build their case. Furthermore, she does not realize this. Tiffany wants the fame of fortune and to live her fifteen minutes as long as she can. Remember Scott Peterson, Susan Smith? Enough said.
    Last edited by Salem; 10-14-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: remove name calling

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    I guess this answers the question of why they gave the life vest back already - they have NOT returned it!
    So was that an old video? The video on The Today Show showed the jet ski and the life vest in her garage.
    Last edited by BaileyandBella; 10-13-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    ~*~ Justice for Caylee ~*~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6953464.shtml

    Tiffany Hartley Heartbroken Over Cop's Beheading

    David Hartley's Wife Says She Sympathizes with Family of Man Believed to Have Been Killed Because of Search for Her Husband

    Tiffany Hartley, David Hartley's wife, said on "The Early Show" Wednesday she is heartbroken that people would kill Flores.

    She said, "It's hard because, you know, just last week, I met him and I was sitting right next to him and we were communicating through a translator and you could tell he wanted to help and he was sincere and he was compassionate. And, I mean, he was doing his job ... and my heart goes out to his family, because they're having to go through what we're going through right now."
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by ozonetourist View Post
    The timeline does not add up for the video. There are so many inconsistencies in Tiffany's story. I find it suspect that for some odd reason she had his truck keys. Why would she have them if he drove the truck? Simple answer is she would not. I am in Federal law enforcement and have to shoot at a range with NON MOVING TARGETS. It is fact that if the target is moving and the shooter is also moving at high speeds in a boat, The shooter will never get a clean shot to the head. Unless I apply all fundamentals of shooting, I will not hit my target.This only happens in Hollywood. Perhaps Tiffany saw this on "Miami Vice". If they did have automatic weapons like Tiffany preaches....There will be hundreds of shots being spayed everywhere. Furthermore if her Jet ski is moving at a high rate of speed, It would be impossible for her to see rounds hitting the water, not to mention hear them. In addition it is insult to injury when she tells her story and she claims she went back to get him. I can not speculate enough how much of the truth she is not telling. It is interesting on her Facebook page she is always posting about her boring life. It is also interesting that she is a fan of Dave Ramsey and goes so far to say that he has helped her. Suspect that there were financial problems. It looked like they lived a lavish lifestyle as well. Jet ski's, motorcycles, Trucks. I could go on and on. Tiffany needs to be investigated, and I'll add some more insight into this;, she indeed is. The authority's do not believe her, They are allowing her to tell her story and run the media so they can build their case. Furthermore, she does not realize this. Tiffany wants the fame of fortune and to live her fifteen minutes as long as she can. Remember Scott Peterson, Susan Smith? Enough said.
    :Welcome-12-june:

    ozonetourist

    Glad you joined up to post.

    I see you have strong views and I wonder about LE not believing her, I guess we'll know more in the coming days/weeks.

    Make sure you listen to the 18 min audio interview at the link above, it's a good one.
    Last edited by Salem; 10-14-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: remove name calling from quote

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    399
    In the audio there is absolutely no emotion or sadness in her voice, at times she is laughing and then she talks about turning him over and seeing the wound but she says this without any emotion in her voice. If I saw something like that I would be freaked out everytime I talked about it or thought about it. I am sorry but I do not beleive her story what so ever. Not sure if she killed him, had him killed, or if it is a insurance scam went bad, but I do not believe her story of what happened. No way did she get shot at like she says but not one bullet hit her jet ski. There would have also been blood and brain matter (hate typing those words) on her, her hair, her life vest, and her jet ski if she had tried to turn him over and pull him on her jet ski.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyandBella View Post
    So was that an old video? The video on The Today Show showed the jet ski and the life vest in her garage.
    I know that they are directly contradicting what was on The Today Show. I guess it would have to be an old video that she had?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by truckengirl View Post
    In the audio there is absolutely no emotion or sadness in her voice, at times she is laughing and then she talks about turning him over and seeing the wound but she says this without any emotion in her voice. If I saw something like that I would be freaked out everytime I talked about it or thought about it. I am sorry but I do not beleive her story what so ever. Not sure if she killed him, had him killed, or if it is a insurance scam went bad, but I do not believe her story of what happened. No way did she get shot at like she says but not one bullet hit her jet ski. There would have also been blood and brain matter (hate typing those words) on her, her hair, her life vest, and her jet ski if she had tried to turn him over and pull him on her jet ski.
    Her lack of emotion about her husband being shot right in front of her bothers me a lot. I still can't talk about the day my pet bunny died (which was six years ago) without getting choked up, and my voice cracking. If she isn't sad due to being drugged up, it's funny that she doesn't have a problem laughing and joking.

    If she is so drugged up that she cannot feel sad for her dead husband, she certainly looks very bright-eyed and presentable in every one of the numerous media appearances she's done.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,838
    Great insight ozonetourist, and thanks for joining!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    288
    As far as Tiffany having the truck keys (as posted above), perhaps they were in a hidden place in the truck. And as far as coming up with the Hollywood/Miami Vice scenarios, it may not be plausible but it's not impossible, right?

    I was sittin' on the fence for a while but I'm over it now. She may not be telling the whole truth, but she saw something horrid happen to her husband. IMO

    Welcome Ozone, looking forward to more of your insight. Terry

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ozonetourist View Post
    The timeline does not add up for the video. There are so many inconsistencies in Tiffany's story. I find it suspect that for some odd reason she had his truck keys. Why would she have them if he drove the truck? Simple answer is she would not. I am in Federal law enforcement and have to shoot at a range with NON MOVING TARGETS. It is fact that if the target is moving and the shooter is also moving at high speeds in a boat, The shooter will never get a clean shot to the head. Unless I apply all fundamentals of shooting, I will not hit my target.This only happens in Hollywood. Perhaps Tiffany saw this on "Miami Vice". If they did have automatic weapons like Tiffany preaches....There will be hundreds of shots being spayed everywhere. Furthermore if her Jet ski is moving at a high rate of speed, It would be impossible for her to see rounds hitting the water, not to mention hear them. In addition it is insult to injury when she tells her story and she claims she went back to get him. I can not speculate enough how much of the truth she is not telling. It is interesting on her Facebook page she is always posting about her boring life. It is also interesting that she is a fan of Dave Ramsey and goes so far to say that he has helped her. Suspect that there were financial problems. It looked like they lived a lavish lifestyle as well. Jet ski's, motorcycles, Trucks. I could go on and on. Tiffany needs to be investigated, and I'll add some more insight into this;, she indeed is. The authority's do not believe her, They are allowing her to tell her story and run the media so they can build their case. Furthermore, she does not realize this. Tiffany wants the fame of fortune and to live her fifteen minutes as long as she can. Remember Scott Peterson, Susan Smith? Enough said.
    Welcome, ozonetourist! It's great to have someone in law enforcement join us, I hope you'll stick around.

    I also shoot regularly at the range, and agree completely with you. I've looked at their Facebook pages, and they did live pretty high on the hog. They traveled quite a bit, cruises, vacationing overseas, etc.
    Last edited by Salem; 10-14-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: remove name calling from quote
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mexico Mexico - Carl Jonathan Wiegand, 35, Falcon Lake Dam, 10 March 2012
    By summer_breeze in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 04:27 PM
  2. ID ID - David Uhl, 56, Priest Lake, 21 Sep 2010
    By Snoopster in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 11:02 PM
  3. Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #3
    By Salem in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
  4. Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1
    By trigger in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 675
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 12:51 AM

Tags for this Thread