GUILTY CA - Twins Tori & Lily Ball, 3, stabbed to death, Fairfield, 12 Oct 2010

So sad. Very similar to Linda Wilborn of Seal Beach, CA. She attacked her 22 month old twins. I just posted an update on her case. There were red flags with her. I wonder if we'll see red flags for this woman. Not much info released yet.

Rest peacefully, little ones. Open your eyes and there are kittens and puppies to romp with and ice cream for breakfast.

poor babies. I just cant think of anything more horrible that someone's own mother hurting them.

Posted: 7:39 am PDT October 13, 2010Updated: 11:36 am PDT October 13, 2010
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Firefighters responding to a call late Tuesday night made a shocking discovery inside a Fairfield apartment – the bloodied bodies of twin girls allegedly stabbed to death by their mother, authorities said.Fairfield police Lt. Darren Moody said his agency and the fire department got a call at 10:40 p.m. of a sprinkler release at the Summit at Paradise Valley apartment complex. Both agencies responded to the scene.“The firefighters found a fire in one of the apartments,” Moody said. “Upon entry, they discovered two children deceased and an adult female (the children’s mother) suffering from injuries not sustained in the fire…The injuries appeared to be self-inflected.”He said the windows and door had been locked from the inside and that prevented neighbors who rushed to the scene from giving the family any aid.The mother was taken to John Muir Medical Center and underwent surgery for treatment of life-threatening stab wounds. She was listed in stable, but critical condition.Moody said it appeared to be a murder-attempted suicide.
more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/25377259/detail.html

It astonishes me how often the perp successfully kills the kids (or wife) but survives his/her suicide attempt (cowardly).......

Those poor kids. Reminds me of the Charlotte case in 2005-2006 (?) with David Crespi who stabbed his twin daughters while the mom was getting her hair done.

Extremely sad to even imagine what these kids must think during their last minutes. It can't make any sense to them (or us).

As BrownRice said - she is cowardly. Why didn't she off herself and leave those poor babes alone. They would have been adopted by someone, or gone to a relative. I have no pity for her, and hope she suffers for the rest of her life. Of course some attorney will come forward and say it was PPD, or some other illness. No excuse in my book could ever justify killing your kids.

Rest in peace little ones.

Mel

Posted: 7:57 pm PDT October 14, 2010Updated: 7:22 am PDT October 15, 2010
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- The Solano County coroner's office confirmed Thursday afternoon that two 3-year-old girls found dead in a burning Fairfield apartment Tuesday night died of multiple stab wounds and cutting wounds.
The girls were identified as Tori and Lily Ball. One of the girls was stabbed in the abdomen, Solano County sheriff's Lt. Gary Faulkner said. The autopsies were completed Thursday. Their mother, Monica Christine McCarrick, 28, allegedly cut herself and the girls before setting their North Texas Street apartment on fire, Fairfield police said. McCarrick has been arrested for the girls' murders and is expected to remain at John Muir Hospital through the weekend, Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody Thursday afternoon. more at link:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/25397529/detail.html

Within days she'll have a team of lawyers and a full-bore insanity defense in the works. This makes me so angry.

http://www.wftv.com/news/25404238/detail.html

FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- An autopsy on 3-year-old twin girls found dead in their Northern California home shows they died of multiple stab wounds.

The Vacaville Reporter says the twins' mother, Monica McCarrick, is in custody as police investigate the killing of Tori and Lily Ball.

McCarrick also is suspected of trying to kill herself and setting fire to the family's apartment. She remains hospitalized in critical condition.

It astonishes me how often the perp successfully kills the kids (or wife) but survives his/her suicide attempt (cowardly).......

Those poor kids. Reminds me of the Charlotte case in 2005-2006 (?) with David Crespi who stabbed his twin daughters while the mom was getting her hair done.

Extremely sad to even imagine what these kids must think during their last minutes. It can't make any sense to them (or us).

I have commented so many times on this issue as various cases have appeared on here.

These women claim to be mentally ill, (which I would say is true) and didn't know what they are doing at the time, and many times they manage to sucessfully kill their children. When it comes down to taking their own lives they just can't seem to do it. So if you kill your child in a rage of complete insanity how are you able to rationalise when it comes to taking your own life? They must think at some point, I really don't want to die. Maybe I am reading this all wrong and they try to kill themselves but fail and just end up badly injured. Wonder if there has been any studies on this. I may have a look, just out of curiosity.

I have commented so many times on this issue as various cases have appeared on here.

These women claim to be mentally ill, (which I would say is true) and didn't know what they are doing at the time, and many times they manage to sucessfully kill their children. When it comes down to taking their own lives they just can't seem to do it. So if you kill your child in a rage of complete insanity how are you able to rationalise when it comes to taking your own life? They must think at some point, I really don't want to die. Maybe I am reading this all wrong and they try to kill themselves but fail and just end up badly injured. Wonder if there has been any studies on this. I may have a look, just out of curiosity.

BBM

Tragic! Just tragic.....

Interesting thought.... I wonder if this is happening more often.... for some reason & why... or if we are just hearing about it more now..... so sad!

I just can't comprehend what would drive a person to do something so heinous!

I'm guessing economical or relationship stress that must have exacerbated existing mental illness. =P Just a thought.

I'm guessing economical or relationship stress that must have exacerbated existing mental illness. =P Just a thought.

That hits the nail on the head. Was just reading some studies and the points you have listed are on the top of the list.

A few statistics:

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm08/chapter4.htm

"More than 70 percent (71.0%) of child fatalities were caused by one or more parents. More than one-quarter (26.6%) of fatalities were perpetrated by the mother acting alone."

"More than 40 percent (45.3%) of all fatalities were children younger than 1 year, 15.7 percent were children age 1 year, 11.2 percent were children age 2 years, and 7.6 percent were children age 3 years. Therefore, 79.8 percent were younger than 4 years old."

I certainly don't mind reposting this info, but PLEASE bookmark this gateway page:

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/

This page will lead you to hundreds of links and statistics concerning child abuse, neglect and fatalities. It's very easy to navigate.

BBM

If we assume mental illness/personality disorder (and I believe this is true in many of these cases), then when stress reaches a certain level it throws a person into "overdrive" or psychosis. I tend to think that if the stress of caring for a young child is the precipitating factor, once that child is "inanimate" or dead and no longer has needs to be met, the psychotic person has immediate relief from that stress. Its then just a matter of time, individual to that person, before they understand the reality of what they have done and can rationalize the consequences. Hence the suicide attempt.

So if the child killings happen during true psychosis and there is an interval before the killer attempts to kill themselves, they might only be in a depressive state by this time.

If they are personality disordered, they may also have never bonded with the child in the way that most of readers here identify with. They may have simply imitated what they understood to be acceptable parenting behavior, without the true, deep, heart connection.

Synopsis: 1) Child killings = madness, insanity, psychosis
2) Suicide attempt= darn, now that my worst problem is solved, I
have to off myself (but they don't really want to die)

That's just my-opinion-only-armchair-analysis. Not much has been said about this mother's family of origin or what kind of support she had in her life as a single young mother caring for twins. I wish we knew more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back