Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    DIdn't know about this lead

One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,” Freeman said.

But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman’s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

ETA About 50 people, including the FBI, Hickory Police and Burke County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene

confimation that FBI is involved
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eleni777 For This Useful Post:

Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone.

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
    No, the posts will not disappear unless they are manually deleted.
    Well then, the woman had no friends....or very few. And no-one who kept up a daily chit chat with her, no birthday messages, no little jokes, no farmville gifts from anyone, no pokes, nothing. She occasionally posted a nasty little message about how bad life was and got the rare reply in agreement, but that is about it. She must have radiated negativity.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eleni777 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?
    I have not seen a search covered by press but assume they have. I have seen confirmation that they have questioined the old neighbors and neighbors confirm Zahra was with them when they packed up and moved. Residdence is occopied by new tennants now.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.
    i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tk71texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tk71texas View Post
    i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often
    I know of what you speak

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

The Burke County Sheriff told Eyewitness News just before 11 p.m. that information keeps leading them to that spot, but there's no proof yet if they're in the right place.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

and

The note said that a kidnapping had taken place and it was addressed to Zahra's father’s employer, Mark Coffey.

Police said that the note was a fake created by Elisa Baker. “They feel like the ransom note was just a distraction,” Coffey said.

Coffey told Channel 9 he fears for his family safety. “I feel like anyone would. I don’t like it,” Coffey said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I know of what you speak
    As do I. Here I am minimizing my page everytime the boss walks by.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Juno For This Useful Post:

speaking of werk, gotta fly, should be at work in 2 minuts and its a ten minute drive w traffic!

yikes, will check in throughout the the day for breaks in the case.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
    Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone.

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly
    I take back my . It was just video of basically the reporter ambushing him at the vigil to try to get a soundbyte. He basically said now is not the time and no further comment. Good for him.

Search for Zahra Baker: Community Speaks Out - ABC News
    http://t.co/DRiH2TN

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:

Holy Cow, this thread/s is/are flying way too fast, lol. I cannot keep up. I did read about the pond this morning.

My guess is that more than a body, they were searching for evidence thrown into the pond after the murder NEAR the pond. Whatever the case may be--it never hurts to search ANYWHERE.

I am Jewish and was raised to believe that there is no heaven, no hell, and no afterlife, that we die and become part of the earth we are buried in.

But I can't help but feel sometimes that these victims, ala Lovely Bones, are looking down, perhaps guiding the community, LE, and family into solving their murder.

Maybe it just makes me feel better??

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to watchful_eye For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but it is clearly hers...

http://www.deeprealm.com/fairygirl6668

No real info on it though. She made the page and last logged in on the same day.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    This morning an Australian posted on WS's, that knows his mother, and said his mother never gave an interview. It was made up by the reporter.

I can't fathom taking a child with a history of cancer from her home, family, doctor & resources, to a country where they're living on the edge. He obvously isn't a skilled worker or he wouldn't be shoving wood through a wood chipper for a living.

Let's say his mother did say that he'd never harm Zahra. Well to allow someone else to harm her & beat her falls in which category? The sin of omission?
    I can't find the post regarding what the WS Aussie poster wrote about the grandmother. Would you be so kind as to link that post please. Thanks.
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast