NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread, Salem.

Continued prayers for Zahra and law enforcement handling her case.

As the previous thread is closed now, someone asked if AB was convicted would he be sent back to Australia. As far as I'm aware, the answer is no. He has committed a crime in another country and our government will not intervene. The Shapelle Corby case is a prime example of that (an Aus citizen convicted of a drug offence in Bali). It's in our government's best interest to maintain good relations and they would not want to be seen to question or interfere with another country's legal process, particularly the US.

images

Thanks! Shiny new thread!

Crazy plan, meth, NPD, of course it's a big mess. They probably thought it was foolproof, and they'd succeed where other, smarter people failed...and they likely believed it. The backtracking and flip flopping now could be disbelief that it didn't work the way they thought.

o/t kalekona, aww! Kitties who love paper are hysterical! Mine is the same. She will tear it to bits when she's done playing, too. Goofy cat.

My thoughts on this point at the moment are, that maybe EB hoped they would find the ransom note and then search the house to find Zahra missing and that it was a case of mistaken identity be the abductors.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but the house is owned by the person mentioned in the note.

If AB has no knowledge then this would present as an abduction and therefore throwing off the police about the case and also throw off implications of EB.

As this did not happen then maybe EB had to play the abduction from another angle hence she has been forced to take a different scenario.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Thanks, Beagle.

Yes, you're right. The investigation started with some whacked out plan of a ransom note and mulch fire. It was EB's plan to write that ransom note, then later in the day report Zahra missing. It's such a stupid plan. No one seemed to even notice Zahra missing. It must of been some kind of (drug) paranoia that made the parents report her missing. Now, I realize, this was just a horrible messed up tragedy that will never make sense to me.

NCMC1157878c1.jpg

Justice is coming sweet child!

Massive Search Underway For Missing Zahra
Posted: 10:50 am EDT October 14, 2010
Updated: 5:23 pm EDT October 14, 2010

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Investigators are searching 5 acres. From Chopper 9 you could see police using a bulldozer to look under a pile of wood, while nearby cadaver dogs try to pick up a scent.

"They've asked us today to eliminate this property to remove it from the suspect list and when we leave here today that will be done one way or the other," said McDevitt.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

.........................................................................................

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that Zahra, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills in Caldwell County and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid-September.

Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.

Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants, but those court documents have been sealed by a judge. They have confirmed those documents involve searches of computer and phone records.

Investigators said they have received hundreds of tips and they are prioritizing those tips....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

EB's Classmates.com profile.

http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=8693041022&s=77041

I don't have a membership there but perhaps someone who does can fill us in on anything of interest in her profile.

Here is some of the info on there. I hope it is ok to post this.

South Caldwell High School
HUDSON, NC
Class Of 1986

Her Story:

I recently moved to Australia to get remarried on July 6th of this year. its been a big change being down here in the true outback. but i miss everyone and i cant wait to come in for a visit soon...

Here are some of the answers to her Q&A:

What do you get paid to do?
Stare at a computer
Make/uphold the law

How many kids do you have (or want to have)?
Four

When the polls are open, how do you vote?
If it's good for my kids, it's good for me
Universal. Health. Care.
It depends on the issue

What type of person were you in high school?
Misfit

Your friends would describe you as ...
Always there to lend support
Happy-go-lucky

Here is some of the info on there. I hope it is ok to post this.

South Caldwell High School
HUDSON, NC
Class Of 1986

Her Story:

I recently moved to Australia to get remarried on July 6th of this year. its been a big change being down here in the true outback. but i miss everyone and i cant wait to come in for a visit soon...

Here are some of the answers to her Q&A:

What do you get paid to do?
Stare at a computer
Make/uphold the law

How many kids do you have (or want to have)?
Four

When the polls are open, how do you vote?
If it's good for my kids, it's good for me
Universal. Health. Care.
It depends on the issue

What type of person were you in high school?
Misfit

Your friends would describe you as ...
Always there to lend support
Happy-go-lucky

So according to that she did MOVE to Australia and was hoping to come home for a VISIT. How did that change to them moving back to the States?

EB's Classmates.com profile.

http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=8693041022&s=77041

I don't have a membership there but perhaps someone who does can fill us in on anything of interest in her profile.

I just joined.

She writes the following:

So this seems to suggest that she moved to Australia to be with Adam. She was only coming back to the US for a visit and something changed with that plan and they moved to the US. I can gtee that she did not like living in an outback town, her persona would not have gone down there AT ALL.

Ok...so she's had THREE different types of cancer, lupus, been a police officer who got shot, a bounty hunter and a drug dealer....busy woman. Oh crap, I forgot she also writes songs for american idol.

Thanks, Beagle.

Yes, you're right. The investigation started with some whacked out plan of a ransom note and mulch fire. It was EB's plan to write that ransom note, then later in the day report Zahra missing. It's such a stupid plan. No one seemed to even notice Zahra missing. It must of been some kind of (drug) paranoia that made the parents report her missing. Now, I realize, this was just a horrible messed up tragedy that will never make sense to me.

I have a slightly different take on it. My take is that EB wrote the ransom note...then decided it wouldn't work and the best and most important thing in her list of options was to destroy the evidence. She doused the SUV in gasoline, stuck the ransom note (which she no longer intended on using) with/in/on the SUV and lit a match. Perhaps the gasoline was poured in such a way so that the mulch would catch, and then spread over to the SUV, thereby destroying the evidence, including the ransom note.

However, her plan got screwed when the fire department showed up sooner than she intended, and for whatever reason the SUV hadn't caught fire yet. The fire department found the ransom note, which was never intended to be found, and they've been winging it since then.

Here's my questions for everyone.

If she WANTED the fire department to read the ransom note, then WHY would she have put it in/on an SUV that was doused in gasoline near a fire? Why douse the SUV in gasoline if it wasn't intended to be lit on fire? :waitasec:

Ok...so she's had THREE different types of cancer, lupus, been a police officer who got shot, a bounty hunter and a drug dealer....busy woman. Oh crap, I forgot she also writes songs for american idol.
AND - in my humble opinion only - she will be able to add child killer to her list before too long.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10