Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 170
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like he cares more about his inheritance than he does justice...no towing the family line...no bucks when daddy kicks.
    He would be a fool to bite the hand that feeds him....and paid for his college.
    "This time we get it right."


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ames For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    And honestly, how hard is it to APPEAR cooperative & like he gives a rats behind about justice for JonBenet? All he had to do was pick up the phone, schedule an interview and say, gee guys...that was a long time ago, I don't remember much...... but I'd love to try and help in any way I can............Interview time, hmmmm I don't recall, repeat, repeat etc...
    ITA, when you care so little that you can’t even be bothered to fake it for the sake of appearances, it speaks volumes.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)


  4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cynic For This Useful Post:


  5. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    400
    I'm sure he has been "coached" since the age of 9 to avoid the subject. JR made sure he had a lawyer and as usual .....unless forced by law no further cooperation from the R's will be coming.

    In an RDI scenario a 9 year old would have to block any memories that would endanger his own life. Since he was 9 the fear would be very deep seated in his psyche. Even the fact that he is now an adult and probably doesn't live at home anymore would not make him feel "safe". Safe enough to remember.


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CathyR For This Useful Post:


  7. #34
    LadyL's Avatar
    LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,539
    it's not his fault that someone murdered his sister when he was a little kid & he has lived under the shadow of suspicion since then

    I'll admit I had hoped he would agree to be interviewed again but I can definately empathize with his decision not to if he believes that it will not only not help the case but do more harm

    if he believes his family is innocent and has been unfairly targeted (which I'm sure he has been raised to believe), then I sure understand his mistrust of LE & the media

    I don't find anything he has done or said to be odd or unusual or selfish or pathetic or all the other words that have been used about him - though admittedly I haven't analyzed his every movement either - but I don't understand the venom I see for him here - he was a 9 year-old little boy & a victim of circumstances

    even if he was or is covering up for something - he probably doesn't understand it much more than he did at 9 if he hasn't blocked it from his consciousness

    one thing that does bother me - his eyes in that photo seem cloudy & glazed - I hope he isn't abusing alcohol as a form of coping


  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    it's not his fault that someone murdered his sister when he was a little kid & he has lived under the shadow of suspicion since then

    I'll admit I had hoped he would agree to be interviewed again but I can definately empathize with his decision not to if he believes that it will not only not help the case but do more harm

    if he believes his family is innocent and has been unfairly targeted (which I'm sure he has been raised to believe), then I sure understand his mistrust of LE & the media

    I don't find anything he has done or said to be odd or unusual or selfish or pathetic or all the other words that have been used about him - though admittedly I haven't analyzed his every movement either - but I don't understand the venom I see for him here - he was a 9 year-old little boy & a victim of circumstances

    even if he was or is covering up for something - he probably doesn't understand it much more than he did at 9 if he hasn't blocked it from his consciousness

    one thing that does bother me - his eyes in that photo seem cloudy & glazed - I hope he isn't abusing alcohol as a form of coping

    He is not 9 years old anymore. He is a grown man...has graduated from college...I find it odd that he doesn't want to be interviewed, if not merely for the fact that something may be shown to him...a picture perhaps...that may jar his memory. It is also strange that Patsy said that he NEVER even brought up JB, after her death. And they never brought her name up to him....like she never existed at all. Do you not find that weird??? The fact that he doesn't want to try and help find his sister's killer...is weird too...unless of course...he KNOWS who the killer is..and is covering up for them. Which would be my guess.
    "This time we get it right."



  10. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,573
    I even agreed with them somehow when they refused to be questionned back then and I also agreed with them that the BPD targeted them and only them and that wasn't fair(that was imo).I never blamed them for lawyering up day one.

    But this time,what's their excuse?There's a new DA who I BET won't let the BPD do all those mistakes (leaks,bias) again.Most of those detectives are gone anyway,not in charge of this case anymore.Garnett can't afford to screw this up and let the cops act like they did back then and I bet L.Wood KNOWS it very well.But no,he is using what happened in the past,ah they hunted us down back then,it is happening again.


  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    Madeleine, of all the regular posters on this forum, you are the one that I believe has been the most "neutral". I have never known you to accuse or blame the Ramseys and you have always listened to and provided evidence of a possible intruder. I know what you are feeling today as I felt it several years ago and it's the pits. You want so bad to believe in their innocence and the unbelievable thing is - they won't let you! Every opportunity they have to further the cause of justice, they deny it. I can't believe anyone gives them the benefit of a doubt anymore. MOO
    Ah but I did blame and accuse them at first because I listened to my gut feeling.Then I was mad for how the BPD handled this case and didn't know what to believe anymore,are the R's telling the truth,let's find out.But I always thought,I need to go over both versions in order to get to the truth.And I always said that there are things that IMO point to IDI and stuff that points to RDI,but not enough evidence on neither side.

    The pieces of the puzzle are there and many,I agree with Silverman but no matter how you try to arrange them they seem from the WRONG puzzle!!!

    This is what makes me now start thinking that what John Douglas wrote in his article applies to this crime and we're dealing with a staging.And that's why Garnett will probably never be able to do what he said he needs to in order to file charges.....connect all the dots,RN,DNA,etc.It's not possible because some of it isn't real but was "created" to mislead.
    By whom?Dunno,was it a R,was it both of them,was it an outsider who was called to help (foreign DNA).

    I always agreed that the R's actions and behaviour isn't evidence.I disagree now....even experts call it behavioural EVIDENCE.And one thing's clear,the R's actions don't make sense.Period.No matter how you look at it and I DID look at it from every angle trying to understand why on earth two parents would act like this.

    But BR's refusal to sit down and have coffee with the cops (what's he thinking,that they will torture him or something?they can't afford to screw up again) and the R's friends calling it harrassment......they just crossed the line as far as I am concerned.

    Why is it that out of so many people I personally have on my suspect list (FW,Santa,CW,etc) the R's are always the only ones refusing to sit down and TALk with LE??
    Last edited by madeleine; 10-16-2010 at 03:51 AM.


  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  14. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,573
    It's funny,I am mad because once again they just wanna forget about JB and move on.........but they did it from day one!Even BR said back then in his interview that he's ready to move on,sorry for not believing that these were actually his own words.....and the R's on CNN only 5 days after the murder.....we need to move on.....


    WTH?!


  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  16. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the coldest city around
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    He is not 9 years old anymore. He is a grown man...has graduated from college...I find it odd that he doesn't want to be interviewed, if not merely for the fact that something may be shown to him...a picture perhaps...that may jar his memory. It is also strange that Patsy said that he NEVER even brought up JB, after her death. And they never brought her name up to him....like she never existed at all. Do you not find that weird??? The fact that he doesn't want to try and help find his sister's killer...is weird too...unless of course...he KNOWS who the killer is..and is covering up for them. Which would be my guess.
    This is exactly why I am so mad right now! Of COURSE he has nothing to say. The guy is weird and will never give up anything because it would imcriminate either himself or his parents.


  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GingBreade For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    The thing is, these people don't even have to worry about refusing to speak to LE. Try that sometime yourself (if you have the misfortune of being close to a crime that was committed). Believe me, it won't fly. Anybody else would have been arrested for that alone, a long time ago. It must be nice to live so far above us "common folk".
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase


  19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:


  20. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    The thing is, these people don't even have to worry about refusing to speak to LE. Try that sometime yourself (if you have the misfortune of being close to a crime that was committed). Believe me, it won't fly. Anybody else would have been arrested for that alone, a long time ago. It must be nice to live so far above us "common folk".
    Can I give this post a double thumbs up??!!! And throw in a big AMEN and a couple of he11 yeahs??!!! Followed by a you got that right!?


  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:


  22. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    I'm RDI but I think many of you are being too hard on Burke.

    He doesn't know anymore about what happened in that house that night than he did at age 9.

    If he couldn't identify the "loud voices" 15 years ago, he sure can't now.

    Sure, he said JBR walked into the house, and the Rs say she was carried in. The Rs could have lied, or they could have made a mistake. BR could have made a mistake as well; 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses.

    There is no reason to imply he knows who the killer is, but doesn't care as long as he's rolling in Daddy's money. More likely he doesn't want to answer questions because he knows he has no further info. of any value.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.


  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    I'm RDI but I think many of you are being too hard on Burke.

    He doesn't know anymore about what happened in that house that night than he did at age 9.

    If he couldn't identify the "loud voices" 15 years ago, he sure can't now.

    Sure, he said JBR walked into the house, and the Rs say she was carried in. The Rs could have lied, or they could have made a mistake. BR could have made a mistake as well; 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses.

    There is no reason to imply he knows who the killer is, but doesn't care as long as he's rolling in Daddy's money. More likely he doesn't want to answer questions because he knows he has no further info. of any value.
    I know you are right, Chrishope. I'm not being too hard on Burke as I consider him a victim of that night also. The thing is, for him to just say no without even hearing them out is indicative of not wanting this case solved. The new investigators are not running around blaming the Ramseys and all they want is for this case to be closed once and for all. It would seem that John would encourage Burke to do everything he could to help and not run to Lin Wood for advice. If there is nothing to hide, why even bring LW into it?
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase


  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:


  26. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    I'm RDI but I think many of you are being too hard on Burke.

    He doesn't know anymore about what happened in that house that night than he did at age 9.

    If he couldn't identify the "loud voices" 15 years ago, he sure can't now.

    Sure, he said JBR walked into the house, and the Rs say she was carried in. The Rs could have lied, or they could have made a mistake. BR could have made a mistake as well; 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses.

    There is no reason to imply he knows who the killer is, but doesn't care as long as he's rolling in Daddy's money. More likely he doesn't want to answer questions because he knows he has no further info. of any value.
    Thing is no one knows just what all he did see or hear that night that might shed some light here. People have initial shocks and can't remember much of the events taking place at the time and then remember details of the event years later. I've done it myself, as I'm sure many of our members have. Plus, he is a grown man now and might have been living under pressure to keep quiet as a child but has his own voice now.

    If he thinks he has nothing new to contribute, then why not just sit down and cooperate with the police? He doesn't know exactly what all has been discovered over the years. He might be able to fill in some gaps. And if his parents are innocent, might not his interview garner something that would help push that bus along?


  27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    Thing is no one knows just what all he did see or hear that night that might shed some light here. People have initial shocks and can't remember much of the events taking place at the time and then remember details of the event years later. I've done it myself, as I'm sure many of our members have. Plus, he is a grown man now and might have been living under pressure to keep quiet as a child but has his own voice now.

    If he thinks he has nothing new to contribute, then why not just sit down and cooperate with the police? He doesn't know exactly what all has been discovered over the years. He might be able to fill in some gaps. And if his parents are innocent, might not his interview garner something that would help push that bus along?
    MTM, their behavior makes me think they are afraid that Burke does remember more from that night and instead of helping the Ramseys, it would be the nail in their coffin (no pun intended).
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase


  29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
  2. Questions directed toward Burke
    By dalcanton in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
  3. Burke Ramsey
    By capps in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 08:20 PM
  4. Patsy Answers Questions About Burke
    By BlueCrab in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 01:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •