10/19/2010 - One Year Since Somer was Killed

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
This Tuesday coming up marks the one year mark since Somer was murdered.

This case really touched me.

I pray this family remains strong as this day will bring back so much flooding into their hearts and souls.

We love you Somer!!!!

Just bumping for Somer. Tomorrow will be 1 year since JH murdered her.

My heart is so heavy. This time last year, Somer was a beautiful, happy little girl with her whole life ahead of her. Those who loved her went about their day as normal. Not knowing what was about to happen to this beautiful child.

Life changes in the blink of an eye.

Just wanted to say, I'm still thinking about Somer and I pray for DT and ST.

DT has vowed to be at the trial EVERYDAY for Somer. It will be so hard for her to hear all the details. I admire her so much for trying to be strong, but I hope she will get the help she needs to deal with this. It's gonna be beyond tough.

We still love you Somer and are waiting on justice for you. Fly high!

http://jacksonville.com/community/c...ge-park-girl-writes-tribute-year-after-somers

This is a tribute that a 16 year old Orange Park girl wrote for Somer.

Somer Thompson was 7 years old. Her favorite color was purple. She had a twin brother named Sam. She had brown hair. She had a mother named Diena.

But a year ago, her life was taken. She was on her way home from school on Oct. 19, 2009, when she got in an argument with a group of friends and ran off.

That was the last time anyone ever saw Somer. Anyone except the person responsible for her slaying.

Two days after she went missing, Somer was found dead in a Georgia landfill.

The little girl whose favorite color was - and always will be - purple didn't even stand a chance to make her own mistakes and choices. Why?

Because the power of Satan and evil took over someone's mind one day and he took this little girl. For what? To give the satisfaction of taking the life of this innocent, hopeless child? Why not just say no? Overcome the evil urge? Make yourself stronger. But no, of course not, someone went along with Satan.

Is this how Somer's last day began? "Bye sweetie! Have a good day!" said a little girl's mother. "Momma loves you! Stay right with your brothers and sisters!"

"I know mom," the little girl said.

I don't understand how such a human, just like me, created the same exact way, could have a mind the exact opposite. Because, seriously, let's be blunt. The thought of stepping on a worm breaks my heart. When a little bird's wings have been hurt, I rush to an animal hospital for it to be taken care of. Not just walk by and leave it to die.

I would've let the little girl run home. There were houses right on down the road. But look at the mind we're dealing with. Someone who, instead of walking by the worm, squashes it completely.

Is this how her killer approached Somer? "Hey! You know it's not safe to be running around out here by yourself," the man in the car said to the little girl walking on the sidewalk. "Come on, momma's waiting for you."

"Are you momma's friend?" the little girl asked the man, as she hopped into his backseat.

Oh, the wickedness. Why couldn't you have just kept driving? Minded your own business? Why push the brake instead of the gas? Why talk to the little girl instead of singing along to the radio? Why not turn up the radio instead of flipping the lock to unlock the car?

Two days after she went missing, Somer was found dead in a Georgia landfill.

A landfill is a site for the disposal of waste. Somer Thompson was not a piece of waste. She was not meant to be placed in a rubbish dump. The purpose of a landfill is to bury trash in such a way that it will be isolated from groundwater. We need to be that landfill for our children, to keep them isolated from the bad people of this world.

Rest Peacefully, Somer...justice is coming to you, sweetheart.

Thinking of Somer today! It's been a year.

Rest in Peace Somer!

Just a few articles I found today. It's been a year today since Somer was killed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39736096
1 Year Ago: Somer Thompson Disappears 7-Year-Old Girl's Body Found In Georgia Landfill; Mother Still Asks Why

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/10/somer-thompson-vigil-today.html
Somer Thompson Vigil Today

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...somer-thompson-was-slain-haunts-orange-park-0
House where police say Somer Thompson was slain haunts Orange ParkA suspect is secured, but a mom’s world is still spinning, 'that house’ at every turn

http://jacksonville.com/community/j.../candlelight-vigil-childhood-victims-violence
Candlelight vigil for childhood victims of violence tonight at Terry Parker High SchoolPosted: October 18, 2010 - 12:09pm

I don't know what to say other than today, like most days, I am thinking about Somer.

Thinking of Somer today. So heart breaking, a year for Somer's family without her, she should have been there every day of it. Thanks Kimberly for posting the tribute and links.

Thinking of Somer today. So heart breaking, a year for Somer's family without her, she should have been there every day of it. Thanks Kimberly for posting the tribute and links.

You are most welcome! I can't believe it's been a year.

Diena was on JVM tonight. What a strong woman she is an inspiration. I hope she can find the strenght to sit thru the trial for the monster that took her precious daughter. Sommer looks alot like her mom I will pray for them all.

Diena was on JVM tonight. What a strong woman she is an inspiration. I hope she can find the strenght to sit thru the trial for the monster that took her precious daughter. Sommer looks alot like her mom I will pray for them all.

I missed it! Oh well. I'll have to try to find clips of it.
I agree. She has been so strong. The trial will be trying for sure. I can not imagine having to sit through all that testimony and gory details of my child's death. Heartbreaking. I hope she has a good support system and even gets help if she needs it.

I'll also be praying for ST. If he can not be at the trial, I'm sure he will struggle through his own horrible feelings. The not knowing what's going on will be hard.

I just hope it all pays off and JH NEVER sees the light of day again. He took a precious child because of his sick obsession. May he rot!

Somer, I want you to know I thought of you on Tuesday.

:praying: for you family to stay strong and know your little smiling angel face is watching over them.

I wish we had more news...

:grouphug: to my Somer's thread friends.

emma

Just bumping for Somer. Tomorrow will be 1 year since JH murdered her.

My heart is so heavy. This time last year, Somer was a beautiful, happy little girl with her whole life ahead of her. Those who loved her went about their day as normal. Not knowing what was about to happen to this beautiful child.

Life changes in the blink of an eye.

Just wanted to say, I'm still thinking about Somer and I pray for DT and ST.

DT has vowed to be at the trial EVERYDAY for Somer. It will be so hard for her to hear all the details. I admire her so much for trying to be strong, but I hope she will get the help she needs to deal with this. It's gonna be beyond tough.

We still love you Somer and are waiting on justice for you. Fly high!

Let me remind you if no one else has. Every person is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. In following this case, from what I have read, the evidence only points to a connection to child *advertiser censored*, but none mentioned thus far, that links JH to Somer's murder.

There are a lot of questions about this case on the hearts and minds of many people.

Let me remind you if no one else has. Every person is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. In following this case, from what I have read, the evidence only points to a connection to child *advertiser censored*, but none mentioned thus far, that links JH to Somer's murder.

There are a lot of questions about this case on the hearts and minds of many people.

You don't think I know that?
I believe JH killed Somer. He makes me sick.

And, they can not charge a man for murder on child *advertiser censored* charges. There is more evidence than that. It would be crazyy to think they don't have evidence that he killed Somer. They are bringing him to trial for the murder. Normally, they don't charge and try people unless they have evidence.

Maybe the questions on the hearts and minds of the many people you are talking about will be answered at JH's MURDER trial.

Anyway... I started this thread as a memorial kinda thing for Somer. Not to discuss the ins and outs of JH's trial or what evidence they may or may not have against him. I'm confident he will never see the light of day again.

Its been two years now since JH KILLED Somer. I look forward to his conviction, which I have no doubt will come eventually. Today was a very hard day for DT, ST, and Somers siblings. I will never forget the websleuth friends I made, or the mistakes I made. I am thankful that I learned from them and all of you. Rest in peace beautiful Angel. We all love you... and you are sooooo missed.

Dance Somer Dance, Sing Somer Sing, Shine Somer Shine.

Rot Harrell Rot.

Rest in peace pretty little Somer.You will never be forgotten by me.

Yes,Rot Harell Rot.

Still thinking about Somer. Seems like it's taking forever to go to trial.

Just wanted to bump her thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back