Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

Zahra Baker timeline and media links only

Please Continue Here...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Here are some links to a photo of a search dog, not sure what kind of dog it is. Many other photos also.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...current=15.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ebrismound.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ker%20%20-NC-/
    Last edited by Soul125; 10-15-2010 at 03:47 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soul125 For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl

The first photo is a coonhound.
    The second one it's hard to say because the photo isn't very clear but it appears to be a lab. The vest COULD indicate either cadaver or SAR. However, I'd need to see them closer to guess (and note it would be a guess ... because some dogs just don't fit the standard and as such might be handled differently.
    Last edited by bellyup; 10-15-2010 at 04:13 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    The first photo is a bloodhound.
    The second one it's hard to say because the photo isn't very clear but it appears to be a lab. The vest COULD indicate either cadaver or SAR. However, I'd need to see them closer to guess (and note it would be a guess ... because some dogs just don't fit the standard and as such might be handled differently.
    Watched this on the news...the first dog is definitely a rottweiler.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by distracted 1976 View Post
    Watched this on the news...the first dog is definitely a rottweiler.
    It would be strange for a rottweiler to be involved in cadaver search. Not completely unheard of, but I didn't see the video. Looks more like a coonhound or bloodhound to me.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

It would be strange for a rottweiler to be involved in cadaver search. Not completely unheard of, but I didn't see the video. Looks more like a coonhound or bloodhound to me.
    I'm going to have to disagree again.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

100% sure the dog had some rottweiler in it, bet my golden retriever on it! In other pics you can clearly see the black/brown markings and the stump tail, my family used to have them.
    There were other breeds out there as well....but a rotty or rotty mix was definitely one of them!

Couple other pics
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rrent=14-3.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...kepond2.jpg%26

14. The Following User Says Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soul125 View Post
    Here are some links to a photo of a search dog, not sure what kind of dog it is. Many other photos also.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...current=15.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ebrismound.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ker%20%20-NC-/
    on my local news, they had video of the searchers and the dog...i think its a doberman(or some breed like it...black/tan and slim)

~M

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mama2echo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mama2echo View Post
    on my local news, they had video of the searchers and the dog...i think its a doberman(or some breed like it...black/tan and slim)
    like this dog ???

http://www.dog-breeds.net/Black_and_Tan_Coonhound.htm

kinda!! ...but it didnt seem to have that long of ears? but it was jumpin thru brambles so it might of been hard to see? ...im trying to see if the video is online(cause it was just a sniplet video)

~M

I just wanted to point out that AB did not call Zahra "the girl " as was posted several posts back ......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101503975.html
    "I want to find her and take her home," Adam Baker told The Associated Press by phone, adding that he will return Zahra Clare Baker to the family's native Australia if she wants to go.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

I just wanted to point out that AB did not call Zahra "the girl " as was posted several posts back ......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101503975.html
    "I want to find her and take her home," Adam Baker told The Associated Press by phone, adding that he will return Zahra Clare Baker to the family's native Australia if she wants to go.
    Thanks I had just noticed that it wasn't a quote from AB but rather the reporter saying it but the thread closed..

I'm also having a bit of a problem with "the glove" that was only reported by one media outlet correct?

I do think we need to be very careful thinking anything in the media is "hard fact" there really has been a lot of inaccurate reporting already in this case. (not to mention the ton of unsubstantiated rumors)
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Baker said Friday he not spoken with his wife, 42-year-old Elisa Baker, and remains unsure if she had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"Maybe," Baker told AP. "I'm still trying to figure it all out."

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...s-cooperating-
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

MandyLeigh is offline In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell. Murdered by David Middleton
    I was reading what some of you where saying in the last thread about her father possibly being abused and stuck here in the states.

My feelings are that he was working a job. He was the one making money. He claims he worked so much that he hardly saw his daughter. He could have taken Z and moved into another apartment far away from the abuser. There should be no problem supporting just himself and his daughter. I do not believe he was stuck with EB.

He committed crimes as well but because he was cooperating police have not arrested him. He reportedly ran a woman and child off the road too. And he made the horrific choice to pull Z away from her health care and family so he could be with some woman.

The father is a selfish man who did not consider his daughter in his choices nor did he do a darn thing to protect his daughter from that beast. I want his behind planted in a jail cell right along with her. He was a grown man who had a duty to care for his child and he failed in the worst way possible.

Those being abused don't leave for many reasons. For one, they may genuinely love the abuser. The abuser isn't abusive all the time, and when they aren't, they can be very captivating and charming. They also can frighten the person being abused into not leaving, by threatening them with all sorts of hell.
    I don't know what was going on with dad. I am not sure, I'm no expert, but I have worked with those who were severely abused by spouses... including men.

I'm also going to say something that I hope won't offend anyone here, but I have had a few Australian male clients of the working class. Many are meat and potatoes and beer guys who may love their kids, but work alot, go to the pub, spend an occasional weekend with the wife and kids, and live in a 'man's world'. I don't know if that was the case here, but it sure sounds as though he was distanced from the child. He may have figured he was married to this ' Sheila', it was up to her to take care the child.

Also, men escape abuse many times by working extra hours, and absenting them as much as they can for 'legit' reasons, such as work. He probably also didn't 'see' too much into the relationship between his wife and daughter.

[QUOTE=MandyLeigh;5691092]I was reading what some of you where saying in the last thread about her father possibly being abused and stuck here in the states.

My feelings are that he was working a job. He was the one making money. He claims he worked so much that he hardly saw his daughter. He could have taken Z and moved into another apartment far away from the abuser. There should be no problem supporting just himself and his daughter. I do not believe he was stuck with EB.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fyrecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post
    I was reading what some of you where saying in the last thread about her father possibly being abused and stuck here in the states.

He committed crimes as well but because he was cooperating police have not arrested him. He reportedly ran a woman and child off the road too. And he made the horrific choice to pull Z away from her health care and family so he could be with some woman.

The father is a selfish man who did not consider his daughter in his choices nor did he do a darn thing to protect his daughter from that beast. I want his behind planted in a jail cell right along with her. He was a grown man who had a duty to care for his child and he failed in the worst way possible.
    Outstanding post - thanks

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post

I agree, Mandy. I do believe she might have been abusive to him or they were to each other. And hey, if an adult wants to take it for himself or herself, that's their choice. But when your CHILD is being tortured and abused, you FIND a way to put a stop to it...immediately.

He either sat by and watched it all happen or was in on it himself, both equally as bad in my opinion.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    This isn't a new report but I don't remember seeing this from AB's co-worker before. Another witness to the abuse Zahara took and let slide !!

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ain-ar-453434/
    Investigators search Burke site again
    snip-
    The man who helped Adam Baker, Zahraís father, get his job working for the tree trimming and lawn maintenance crew was at the scene. Bobby Green said he lived next door to the Bakers in Sawmills and his three children used to go to the Bakers' home to play with Zahra.

Now he thinks the Bakers may have murdered their daughter, and he wonders if he put his children in harm's way by letting them visit the Bakers' home.

He described Zahra's mother, Elisa Baker, as a mean woman who could not be trusted.

"I think she's evil. She lied about everything all the time," he said. "She had a short fuse, especially with Zahra, because she was jealous of the time she spent with her father."

Green said Elisa was physically abusive toward her stepdaughter and suspects she's behind Zahra's disappearance. He added that he suspects that Adam Baker may also be involved in the crime.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    This isn't a new report but I don't remember seeing this from AB's co-worker before. Another witness to the abuse Zahara took and let slide !!

snip-
    The man who helped Adam Baker, Zahraís father, get his job working for the tree trimming and lawn maintenance crew was at the scene. Bobby Green said he lived next door to the Bakers in Sawmills and his three children used to go to the Bakers' home to play with Zahra.

Now he thinks the Bakers may have murdered their daughter, and he wonders if he put his children in harm's way by letting them visit the Bakers' home.

He described Zahra's mother, Elisa Baker, as a mean woman who could not be trusted.

"I think she's evil. She lied about everything all the time," he said. "She had a short fuse, especially with Zahra, because she was jealous of the time she spent with her father."

Green said Elisa was physically abusive toward her stepdaughter and suspects she's behind Zahra's disappearance. He added that he suspects that Adam Baker may also be involved in the crime.
    This guy STILL let his children go over an play EVEN though he knew Elisa had a short fuse.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post

snip-

It's a common name but I think it's the same guy who we already heard from earlier, Kayla Rotenberry's fiance.

On Tuesday, Rotenberry was showing people a drawing Zahra made and a bunny made out of a sock that the missing girl had given her daughter.

Rotenberry's fiance, Bobby Green, said, "I wish all kids were like Zahra."

Green said he saw the little girl with black eyes and bruises in the past, but said the girl's step-mother Elsa Baker "...always said it was Zahra falling down, Zahra doing this, Zahra doing that." Green said he didn't believe the stepmother and thought something was wrong.
    http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

[quote=He either sat by and watched it all happen or was in on it himself, both equally as bad in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree! I actually hold AB more culpable than SM. This was HIS child. I'm not excusing SM's actions but I find AB's lack of ANY action at all to be far more disturbing.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post

Baker said Friday he not spoken with his wife, 42-year-old Elisa Baker, and remains unsure if she had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"Maybe," Baker told AP. "I'm still trying to figure it all out."

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...s-cooperating-
    Why doesn't he go see EB and ASK her what she DID! Wouldn't this be the quickest way to figure out where Zahra is?

The conversation could be taped without EB knowing as long as AB agrees to it, I believe.

Just go ASK HER!

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 10-15-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: left out 1/2 a word

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Why doesn't he go see EB and ASK her what she DID! Wouldn't this be the quickest way to figure out where Zahra is?

The conversation could be taped without EB knowing as long as AB agrees to it, I believe.

Just go ASK HER!

Salem
    There is no way LE is letting him visit her in jail.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    There is no way LE is letting him visit her in jail.
    I'm just curious...could they legally prevent that?

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I'm just curious...could they legally prevent that?
    Absolutely.
    The jail has complete control on who can and can not visit- and if the fact that they may be co-conspirators isn't enough, he has open warrants that they could use to deny a visit.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast