NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I want to find her and take her home," Adam Baker told The Associated Press by phone, adding that he will return Zahra Clare Baker to the family's native Australia if she wants to go.

Baker said Friday he not spoken with his wife, 42-year-old Elisa Baker, and remains unsure if she had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"Maybe," Baker told AP. "I'm still trying to figure it all out."

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...her-of-missing-NC-girl-says-he-s-cooperating-

Then why talk at all, especially to give tear-jerking tales about having been searching for her daughter for 5 years, only to ending up learning when she was via media reports that she was missing and presumed dead on the other side of the globe? A "private person" would certainly agree to answer investigators' questions privately, but investigators would not divulge information that wasn't directly relevant to the investigation if the non-suspect source had requested privacy.

I can find no direct quotations from Zahra's mother; neither has she appeared on camera. The "searching for five years" info was off of a Facebook page of someone purporting to be "a friend." All other information is also second-hand.

Thanks, Salem!

Someone just tried to link an article where the dad stated that if/when they find Zahra, he will return to Australia if she wants to go. The link was bad.....can someone post it again, please. TIA

IIRC big dump trucks full of mulch was taken somewhere to be sifted through for a
search of remains from wood chipper.
Maybe not all done yet.
Maybe we are just to anxious for the LE to tell us about the glove, car DNA etc.
LE holding so much to the vest.
Where is Zahra's leg for example.
Why do they have AB at every search?
Watching his reactions????
I don't remember any other family member ever allowed where search was???????
and have EB and AB been allowed to see each other yet???
Where is AB staying???? friends????

Thanks, Salem!

Someone just tried to link an article where the dad stated that if/when they find Zahra, he will return to Australia if she wants to go. The link was bad.....can someone post it again, please. TIA

I did Shef....look up. lol....stoopid links.

I'm thinking along these lines too...

and the stomach flu could actually be from taking powerful pain medication on an empty stomach, if she was not eating...
Given the SM was possibly dealing in pills and such, and giving her 5 minutes to eat, I could believe this...
I wonder if vomit was found on or near the bed too...

I'm not convinced she had a stomach flu. She might have been dead at the time. IMO AB brought up the stomach flu because he realized that he was looking a bit hinky saying he hadn't seen his daughter for several days and thought that having her sick would make it all better because she was so sick she stayed in her room.

But of course it doesn't... if she's so sick any normal parents would check on her rather frequently and if she's suffering from vomiting or diarrhea she wouldn't have stayed in her room anyway, I expect she'd have made frequent visits to the toilets thus being visible to the other residents in the home.

The first photo is a coonhound.
The second one it's hard to say because the photo isn't very clear but it appears to be a lab. The vest COULD indicate either cadaver or SAR. However, I'd need to see them closer to guess (and note it would be a guess ... because some dogs just don't fit the standard and as such might be handled differently.

Is the Facebook for EB still up and did anyone find out if AB had one? Just wondering..

I just wanted to point out that AB did not call Zahra "the girl " as was posted several posts back ......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101503975.html
"I want to find her and take her home," Adam Baker told The Associated Press by phone, adding that he will return Zahra Clare Baker to the family's native Australia if she wants to go.

Thanks I had just noticed that it wasn't a quote from AB but rather the reporter saying it but the thread closed..

I'm also having a bit of a problem with "the glove" that was only reported by one media outlet correct?

I do think we need to be very careful thinking anything in the media is "hard fact" there really has been a lot of inaccurate reporting already in this case. (not to mention the ton of unsubstantiated rumors)

sarx, any insights into the training of various types of sniffer dogs would be most appreciated. Specifically, are there dogs that are only used to sniff for blood, versus decomp? Do decomp dogs ever hit on blood from a living person? Also, are particular breeds used for different types of sniffing? Or can any dog get trained to do any kind of detection (bomb, drug, cadaver, etc.)?

TIA!

(And PS, to our many guests who are following Zahra's case--get yourselves registered and dive on in!)

This comment on the Hickory Daily Record just brought me to tears - looks a girl/woman wrote a poem for Zahra:

0CLEARPosted by Princess01 on Oct. 15, 2010 - 2:43 p.m.
Hear My Cry
"For Zahra"

See the smile upon my face?
My little arms I used to embrace
My life that was filed with hopes and dreams.
Now I am lost; can you find me please?

Please don't give up- I'm still out there
I wish I could help you and tell you where.
But, I'm just a child and don't understand why
Someone would hurt me,
Do you hear my cry?

I beat the cancer that took my hearing
My leg.
And tried to stop my breathing.
I fought it hard so I could grow
And through my smiles... I told you so!

I'm just a child with regular dreams
Of being a princess.. and now it seems
My dreams are over, I don't understand why
Please come and find me, please hear my cry.

Don't give up on me, I never did
Please whoever hurt me; tell them where I'm hid.
So I can rest in peace and my body be laid to rest
I fought the fight of life and I think I passed the test.

Help Chief Adkins and the other officers too
Who really want to help me come home to you.
When you see my face, please say a prayer
There's hope with Jesus, cause I'm out there .....somewhere.

For Zahra
October 14, 2010
Clara Painter

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...iture-evidence-hickory-house-where-ar-459903/

Okay I have to clean my floors....
But I am nearly convinced that AB doesn't have anything to do with her death or disappearance. After seeing that he was AGAIN at the house for the search today I just cannot imagine LE keeping him hanging around the search sites if they believe he was involved. It doesn't make sense and it would go against typical protocol. He was there for nearly TWO HOURS with them today. If they had strong suspicion that he was involved they would not want him privy to areas where he could hear or see things that would help in his defense.

I'm also as nearly convinced that LE has a 3rd party in mind as a potential suspect or likely a suspect that is in cahoots with EB. Perhaps based on things AB has told them, tips from outsiders or things they have found.

Im learning so much here thanks for being patient with me .
If its a blood hound does that mean it couldnt be trained to be a cadaver dog? Are certain breeds of dogs trained for certain jobs? If so why?

The first photo is a bloodhound.
The second one it's hard to say because the photo isn't very clear but it appears to be a lab. The vest COULD indicate either cadaver or SAR. However, I'd need to see them closer to guess (and note it would be a guess ... because some dogs just don't fit the standard and as such might be handled differently.

Watched this on the news...the first dog is definitely a rottweiler.

I'm having a hard time believing the attic thing...

If they found paper plates, toilet paper or some dropped food up there, I would more inclined to believe it...

Given the charges and accusations against her, I think it was more like a hiding spot for drugs, or she was climbing into the next apartment looking for cash from rent or things of value... I had no idea people used the attic for access into other apartments until DH became maintance for one... About 6 months ago, someone fell through the ceiling.!! (I'm glad it wasn't my ceiling) I was shocked... :shocked2:

Still catching up..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member