Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Quote Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
    What took me so long? You guys are so good, everytime I have some input, the next person says my thoughts

And with every case, I wish I could have adopted some of these kids. And today, i worked up enough courage to report a neighbor. And we can all thank Zahra for me doing that. And like I know a lot of us feel, I wish I could just take those kids and love them as my own..... Why can't people understand that no matter how poor, sad, whatever your own life is, children can brighten it????? Look into a childs eyes, and your own worries can disapear.

Im not sure I believe she was living in the attic... It is possible, but I really think they were hiding things up there.... And it wasn't her.... Drugs? probably

I just hope I wake up tomorrow and know she is found. She deserves peace and justice.
    You are a good person.
    Here.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nana46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    I wonder what starts with S and F...just saying.
    my mom has the same hearing loss........one day I asked if her nighty was silky and she said it is not[B] filthy[/B The S and F sound like that to them.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Being in the attic doesn't fit my view of step-mom's continuum of isolation and secrecy. I would expect to see Zahra in an attic when she no longer attends school. moo mho so what was going on in the attic or is the couple making it all up. moo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

That map is awesome for those of us not in the US, thank you.
    Thanks darnudes - if I were a betting person I would be concentrating on the area between Sawmills and Granite Falls and then expand throughout the area inside the green border.

The other prime spot would be any hang out type spots in Hudson that SM hung out at while going to High School - you know the old "out of the way drinking and partying spot" for high school kids. Off the beaten path and not frequented by adults. ........ and I leave it at that.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    No mention of footprint size. JC gave height of attic. Can't picture EB crawling around the attic to retrieve her stash before she moved. No need to remove the door.

The manager and owner obviously knew the condition of the rental prior to their move-in. During the walk-through, it was noted that the door had been removed. Better to leave her stash behind the door---needed more room for the child to sleep (removed the door). IMO, she slept in the attic.
    Wasn't it the closet door that was removed? That wouldn't have been in the attic. The neighbors said they heard "squirrel " noises, a child would make more noise than that. The heat alone in an attic would have killed her. I just don't see it. And then you throw in that they never saw her even though we know she was enrolled in school at that time....nope it don't pass my smell test. But that's just me....lol. I think they wanted their 15 minutes.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    No mention of footprint size. JC gave height of attic. Can't picture EB crawling around the attic to retrieve her stash before she moved. No need to remove the door.

The manager and owner obviously knew the condition of the rental prior to their move-in. During the walk-through, it was noted that the door had been removed. Better to leave her stash behind the door---needed more room for the child to sleep (removed the door). IMO, she slept in the attic.
    Can I say she wouldn't be able to get her big patootie through the opening of that attic? AB probably crawled up there.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    Thanks darnudes - if I were a betting person I would be concentrating on the area between Sawmills and Granite Falls and then expand throughout the area inside the green border.

The other prime spot would be any hang out type spots in Hudson that SM hung out at while going to High School - you know the old "out of the way drinking and partying spot" for high school kids. Off the beaten path and not frequented by adults. ........ and I leave it at that.
    Funny that between Hickory and Granite Falls is the lake. Once again this place pops up. I wonder if they have searched around there at all.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know the dimensions or anything about the attic. Was it high enough for an adult to walk through? What do people think happened up in the attic?
    JC stated in the rendition of the attic she had, it was 4-4 1/2 feet at its highest point.

Managers of the rental, questioned by JC---who sounded to me like she was methodically laying out a case this evening for the likelihood that she slept in the attic, believe that she slept in the attic.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

I don't know how I missed seeing this interview but I did. Whoever posted it thank you, I'm sorry I would quote you but can't find your original post.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...CCharlotte.mp4

The part where AB can't remember what day Zahra went missing and he stumbles around and figures out the day then gives a little laugh ----OMG. Now that is disturbing, no wonder the police don't think he's sincere.
    I wouldn't believe him either because he remembers the day she DID die and is pretending to know the day she disappeared.
    We always remember where and what we were doing like on 9/11/2001.
    SAME WITH A DEATH OF A LOVE ONE!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

I finally was able to finish reading all of the posts on all of threads about this beautiful little girl. I have so many questions and wanted to make sure that there were not answers before I asked them. I understand that we don't know everything yet but I am hoping that I may have missed some information or that there are possibly ways some of our wonderful WSers can find out the answers. Here goes.

1. Were tracking dogs used inside the homeand outside of the home before cadaver dogs were brought in? Did the tracking dogs hit on anything at all inside or outside of the Hickory house other than Zahra's bedroom? If the answer is no, that the dogs did not hit on anything then wouldn't that mean that Zahra was never in the Hickory house? Only her things in her room to "stage it" so it appeared that she lived there? If Zahra had been in that house there should be hits in other rooms.

2. Do we know if Adam and his wife rented a U-Haul or something similar to that when they were moving into the Hickory home? If so, have the people at that company been interviewed to see if Zahra was with the couple when they picked up the truck? Was Zahra with the couple when they returned the truck? I know that neighbors of the home they moved out of (trailer park) before moving into the Hickory home said that Zahra was definately with them when they left but that does not mean that she made it to the Hickory home.

3. When was Zahra not allowed out of her bedroom (according to BB)? If it was at the old address, before the move to the Hickory home, then how did Zahra attend school, play with neighbor kids outside, go to BBs house, etc? If after the move to the Hickory home then how would BB know when she claimed to have not known they had moved? I am having a very difficult time believing anything that BB says. To many things in her stories seem to far fetched and things are not adding up.

I know that there has been 2 people that have come forward now saying that they saw the wife and Zahra around 14 days ago but I also have to question that. I have this horrible feeling that poor Zahra never set one foot in that Hickory home. I feel that Adam and his wife did something to her and with her before the move into the Hickory home. I find it extremly difficult to believe that NO ONE in the Hickory home neighborhood knew that Zahra even existed IF she was in that home. Children are curious. When seeing a new family move in they would perhaps pay attention and see if there are children moving in as well. Zahra was allowed to have friends, play outside and attend school at the old address. Now, all of a sudden, after the move to the Hickory home she isn't allowed to do any of those things? Makes no sense to me at all.

I pray that Zahra did not suffer in her death as her life had already been filled with more suffering than any child should have to live through.

Sorry for the long post, just lots of unanswered questions concerning this case.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Can I say she wouldn't be able to get her big patootie through the opening of that attic? AB probably crawled up there.
    IMO, they were BOTH to fat to get to attic!!! ...........
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

My niece has profound hearing loss... really needs hearing aids. It's congenital as she was a preemie. She grew up resisting hearing aids as they weren't "cool." She turned out to be a heckuva lip reader tho. Now, she's 28 and her hearing has been deteriorating all these years not using the aids. She's getting them now that she has children and is having difficulty hearing them speak. When listening to Zahra, I could hear her speaking like my niece speaks so am wondering if Zahra read lips as well.
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    IMO, they were BOTH to fat to get to attic!!! ...........
    Maybe that was Zahra's hiding place to get away from them both because I don't think either could fit through that opening.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:

I know I couldn't get my big patootie up there!! I have "birthing hips" and am "corn fed." LOL
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    Funny that between Hickory and Granite Falls is the lake. Once again this place pops up. I wonder if they have searched around there at all.
    I was using Google earth for awhile and would find a place in a case and zoom in, "fly over", go 3D street level, and it really helped to get a feel of the area.
    For some reason my Google Earth got screwed up so I removed it from the computer.

Maybe I will try to download it again, because it really helped me out sometimes. Some lakes and areas are more obviously not accessible when you can see the "lay of the land". Its the next best thing to being able to be there physically. I was ALL OVER that Haleigh Cummings trailer park and back through the woods to the river via google earth.

Does anybody else use it to see the areas around a search, disappearance, etc?

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:

That attic didn't have a solid floor....there were runners. Had she mis-stepped, she would have went through the ceiling. Think about how hard it would have been for her to get up there and not mis-step.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

I personally don't think anyone crawled up there - it was were they kept their "product" - I will bet the farm on that.

I wonder if there was a "back" door to that apt where Zahra could have come and gone without that couple ever seeing her. She was probably VERY VERY quiet when she was home and especially when they were fighting - probably cowering in the corner.

But that is JMHO

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    Map showing what is where in relation to history and the disappearance of Zahra - it would seem to me that SM would know the area of Sawmills and Granite Falls very well as that is the area where she has lived most of her life:
    Not caught up reading but I noticed only one of the two elementary schools Zahra attended is on the linked map. Could you pretty please update and add both elementary schools?

tia
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieNormal View Post
    I was using Google earth for awhile and would find a place in a case and zoom in, "fly over", go 3D street level, and it really helped to get a feel of the area.
    For some reason my Google Earth got screwed up so I removed it from the computer.

Maybe I will try to download it again, because it really helped me out sometimes. Some lakes and areas are more obviously not accessible when you can see the "lay of the land". Its the next best thing to being able to be there physically. I was ALL OVER that Haleigh Cummings trailer park and back through the woods to the river via google earth.

Does anybody else use it to see the areas around a search, disappearance, etc?
    YES!! It's amazing!! I just dunno how to take screen shots or post them on this forum at a reasonable size. Kinda slow on the uptake when it comes to visuals...

I can slap on a you tube tho!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av2e[/ame]

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

South Caldwell High School Hudson, Nc 28638 (High School SM attended):

has two ghosts. One is from a guy who was building the elevator and he fell. The elevator goes up and down late at night when the accident happened. The elevator opens and closes and goes up and down for or five times at night. Also the theater has a ghost that was a student but she died when she was rehearsing for a play. Now before opening night of any play she causes allot of mischief with the set, lights, and props. She has caused allot of black outs and such right before opening night.
    http://www.strangeusa.com/ViewLocati...ocationid=7198

Just an example of crap I read when looking through things - quite strange actually.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Question for the locals:

Are there many storage facilities for rent in the areas where SM, dad, and Zahra lived? Any with electrical outlets? Any you can fit a freezer in, a refrig with a freezer? Where are the drugs step-m was selling. Where is Zahra? moo

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Have there been ANY new updates in the last few hours?

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    Wasn't it the closet door that was removed? That wouldn't have been in the attic. The neighbors said they heard "squirrel " noises, a child would make more noise than that. The heat alone in an attic would have killed her. I just don't see it. And then you throw in that they never saw her even though we know she was enrolled in school at that time....nope it don't pass my smell test. But that's just me....lol. I think they wanted their 15 minutes.
    I agree.

Think about how much evidence there is that they were accessing it, the door is off, there are footprintS on the wall to climb up, and the drywall pieces.

It is so obvious when anything of weight is on the insulation, it compacts in the shape of what was on it. It is cumbersome to move around in and you can easily fall through or at a minimum dent and crack the ceiling drywall that is below you.

We just ran speaker wire through our attic space to get our surround sound moved into the masterbedroom. I had to be very careful how I moved around.

There would be soooo much evidence that she was living up there, and it would be much louder than squirrel noises. She would have been using the bathroom in some accomodation up there. A one legged girl is not hopping in and out of the attic with no ladder everytime she has to urinate. There would be food evidence, a sleeping area. It would be disturbed.

AB was putting his feet on the wall to shimmy up and hide his drug stash in my opinion. Probably hiding it from SM who would be home all day doing them. The squirrel noises would be either a squirrel (which also leave a ton of evidence of their presence) would be him reaching around for his stuff.

IMO of course.

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I wouldn't believe him either because he remembers the day she DID die and is pretending to know the day she disappeared.
    We always remember where and what we were doing like on 9/11/2001.
    SAME WITH A DEATH OF A LOVE ONE!!
    Oh, I wonder if that was a slip with the "Tuesday" possible, no?

Also he had an incredibly stilted way of talking which is not normal at all for someone who has spent many years in country Queensland. It seemed to me that he was carefully considering every word before he spoke. His body language was off in that interview. At then end when he laughed and said "no sleep" or whatever, he had the most pretend "I'm trying to look sincere and heart broken" look on his face, that I was dumbfounded. I've seen that look before and my BS radar calls it out every time. It was so spooky and it reminded me of someone but I couldn't remember who.

Warning Graphic

Anyway I googled it and AB reminds me so much of John Sharpe. There was a look on John Sharpe's face when he was pleading her help on the TV - AB has that same look. I dunno, just what I see.

The Sharpe family murders was a March 2004 Australian double murder, in which John Sharpe killed his pregnant wife, Anna, and his nineteen-month old daughter Gracie, in the Melbourne suburb of Mornington.[1] For his part in the crime, he became generally known as the 'Speargun killer' or the 'Mornington Monster'.[2]

Sharpe repeatedly fired a spear gun into the heads of his victims, and would later exhume the body of his wife, dismember her, then disposed of her body in a landfill. Claiming his innocence, he would later appear on national television in emotional interviews seeking information on his family's whereabouts.[1] Sharpe eventually confessed to the murders and was sentenced in 2005 to life imprisonment,[1][3] with a minimum non-parole period of 33 years. He will be eligible for parole in 2037.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_family_murders[/ame]

48. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    That attic didn't have a solid floor....there were runners. Had she mis-stepped, she would have went through the ceiling. Think about how hard it would have been for her to get up there and not mis-step.
    I think that when your abuser is ordering you to do something (get up there), you're gonna find a way to do it. What does the abuser care how long it takes for her to get up there, or whether she stumbles---more enjoyment for the sadist.

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast