Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    This isn't a new report but I don't remember seeing this from AB's co-worker before. Another witness to the abuse Zahara took and let slide !!

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ain-ar-453434/
    Investigators search Burke site again
    snip-
    The man who helped Adam Baker, Zahra’s father, get his job working for the tree trimming and lawn maintenance crew was at the scene. Bobby Green said he lived next door to the Bakers in Sawmills and his three children used to go to the Bakers' home to play with Zahra.

Now he thinks the Bakers may have murdered their daughter, and he wonders if he put his children in harm's way by letting them visit the Bakers' home.

He described Zahra's mother, Elisa Baker, as a mean woman who could not be trusted.

"I think she's evil. She lied about everything all the time," he said. "She had a short fuse, especially with Zahra, because she was jealous of the time she spent with her father."

Green said Elisa was physically abusive toward her stepdaughter and suspects she's behind Zahra's disappearance. He added that he suspects that Adam Baker may also be involved in the crime.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

[quote=He either sat by and watched it all happen or was in on it himself, both equally as bad in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree! I actually hold AB more culpable than SM. This was HIS child. I'm not excusing SM's actions but I find AB's lack of ANY action at all to be far more disturbing.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    you know why I don't buy anything those neighbors are saying? The woman is suppose to be the apartment manager- there is NO way she wouldn't know there was a child living there.

The removal of the twin mattress from the house don't indicates that Zahra did have a space and bed of her own in the new house I see no reason the same wouldn't have been true in the apt.
    About the only thing I believe right now is "Zahra Is Missing."
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    The neighbors claiming that Zahra slept in the attic with all the "blown" insulation, IMO is off their rockers. Blown insulation is very itchy stuff and anyone up there, unless totally covered, would be extremely miserable. MOO
    It depends a great deal on what the insulation is made of. I've got an attic with a paper-fiber blown-in insulation and it isn't itchy at all. I keep a few things stored up there (seasonal decorations, etc) and have had plenty of contact with the insulation material. I don't know if fiberglass is ever used for blown-in insulation, but if so, that would be very itchy indeed (and extremely unhealthy).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkpuddytat For This Useful Post:

What does AB have to say about nobody seeing her in a month?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

MandyLeigh is offline In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell. Murdered by David Middleton
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    He says "the dad"
    Thank you. That to me is very telling. I don't think he should be planning his trip back to beautiful Australia anytime soon. LE is hot on his trail, time for dad to wake up and realize how serious this is.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MandyLeigh For This Useful Post:

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    This isn't a new report but I don't remember seeing this from AB's co-worker before. Another witness to the abuse Zahara took and let slide !!

snip-
    The man who helped Adam Baker, Zahra’s father, get his job working for the tree trimming and lawn maintenance crew was at the scene. Bobby Green said he lived next door to the Bakers in Sawmills and his three children used to go to the Bakers' home to play with Zahra.

Now he thinks the Bakers may have murdered their daughter, and he wonders if he put his children in harm's way by letting them visit the Bakers' home.

He described Zahra's mother, Elisa Baker, as a mean woman who could not be trusted.

"I think she's evil. She lied about everything all the time," he said. "She had a short fuse, especially with Zahra, because she was jealous of the time she spent with her father."

Green said Elisa was physically abusive toward her stepdaughter and suspects she's behind Zahra's disappearance. He added that he suspects that Adam Baker may also be involved in the crime.
    This guy STILL let his children go over an play EVEN though he knew Elisa had a short fuse.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Channel 9's Dave Faherty got an exclusive interview with missing Zahra's father, Adam Baker.
    http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25405526/index.html
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oy....I gotta say he looks and sounds sincere. But with what we know, I just can't believe he is.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

I don't believe him at all. There's a huge difference between his demeanor and that of someone truly innocent, like Mark Lunsford.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Yeppers! He's doing his best.

The only safe thing for me to say on Baker's latest comments is that he thinks he is going to get away with "this", whatever "this" is.

He's not. I have complete confidence in US LE. He's not getting away with anything and it will be a long long time before he sees the sunny shores of Oz again, if ever.
    Don't be too sure. Plea bargains are a dime a dozen over here, and there's an obvious preferred perp in this case that he's in a position to give oodles of information about. Plus cash-strapped states aren't terribly eager to increase their prison populations, so a plea-bargain-and-deport approach to disposing of AB would be very attractive. Believe me, we don't want to keep him any more than you want him back, and his Australian citizenship definitely tips the balance towards sending him back. You may well get him back much sooner than you imagine (possibly even before anybody goes to trial in this case, with an agreement that he would return to testify). The bright side is that his life in Australia will be quite miserable after all this publicity about his parenting habits.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkpuddytat For This Useful Post:

snip-

It's a common name but I think it's the same guy who we already heard from earlier, Kayla Rotenberry's fiance.

On Tuesday, Rotenberry was showing people a drawing Zahra made and a bunny made out of a sock that the missing girl had given her daughter.

Rotenberry's fiance, Bobby Green, said, "I wish all kids were like Zahra."

Green said he saw the little girl with black eyes and bruises in the past, but said the girl's step-mother Elsa Baker "...always said it was Zahra falling down, Zahra doing this, Zahra doing that." Green said he didn't believe the stepmother and thought something was wrong.
    http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    So this information written in the charlotte news is from a FRIGGIN Facebook post, of which, anyone can post anything they want to post!
    Seriously. We'd be better off getting our info from the National Enquirer, if that's the Charlotte Observer's standard of journalism.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkpuddytat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    Oy....I gotta say he looks and sounds sincere. But with what we know, I just can't believe he is.
    Yep. I'm sure the wheels are turning a million miles an hour in his head, trying to figure out how to get out of this.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige SC View Post
    I don't believe him at all. There's a huge difference between his demeanor and that of someone truly innocent, like Mark Lunsford.
    I don't either-there's HINK all over that man. Where's the desperation? My gosh I think I've seen more emotion and desperation from everyone who's posted here than on that interview!!
    If you don't think or know either way if your wife has something to do with Zahra missing-where is a plea to the perp who may have her?

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Did you notice he talked about her in past tense. He knows.

34. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I am still catching up on all of the threads. I had to leave WS after Kyron because it broke my heart too much. But Zahra is really pulling at my heart strings and I came back. This is heartbreaking, she is such a beautiful girl and I can't even begin to imagine what she has gone through. If she is gone, bless her heart.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

I don't either-there's HINK all over that man. Where's the desperation? My gosh I think I've seen more emotion and desperation from everyone who's posted here than on that interview!!
    If you don't think or know either way if your wife has something to do with Zahra missing-where is a plea to the perp who may have her?
    Exactly! Regardless of the disappearance, how can an entire county know about the abuse but somehow you didn't *see* anything? And now that you *know* about the abuse, you still "don't know" if your wife was involved?? Please. Kaine Horman didn't think twice about filing for divorce and kicking his prized wife out of the house, despite "proof" of his son's dead body. AB looks 'concerned' and 'worried', but that's because he knows his freedom is limited.
    Last edited by Paige SC; 10-15-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: misspelled word

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

^ agree, the only thing Adam's not sure about is what the best stance to take is to try and save his own butt.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I agree. His eyes looked shifty to me. No emotion, tho' he could be numb...
    I just felt he was lying the minute I saw him.

Haven't been able to post on Zahra - I never thought a case would upset me more than Ethan Stacey, but this one has.

---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:

Exactly! Regardless of the disappearance, how can an entire county know about the abuse but somehow you didn't *see* anything? And now that you *know* about the abuse, you still "don't know" if your wife was involved?? Please. Mark Hormon didn't think twice about filing for divorce and kicking his prized wife out of the house, despite "proof" of his son's dead body. AB looks 'concerned' and 'worried', but that's because he knows his freedom is limited.
    ITA, but it's Kaine Horman, not Mark Hormon. And there's no solid proof that Kyron is dead, but everyone knows that he probably is.

Also, AB is sounding more like a coward by the second. Does he really think he's fooling anyone? What a jerk!

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Watch the video of AB with no sound. I don't think he looks concerned about much of anything. Without sound, it's easy to imagine that this reporter stopped a random stranger at the end of their driveway to ask him if it rained last night.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post

anyone else notice how he kept looking away? i know if it was the 1st time i was able to talk to the press i would be lookin right in that camera and pouring my heart out...not giving short, half hearted answers IMHO

~M

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mama2echo For This Useful Post:

That's right. Where is the plea? AB is way too nonchalant about the whole thing.

His attitude seems like, "Yeah, I guess my daughter is missing...wife might have something to do with it, but who knows? Oh, well..."

Off topic, do you remember Scott Peterson laughing it up at the New Year's Eve vigil for Laci? The detectives were all over that behavior.

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast