Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    the reports i saw indicated he was there the entire time today for the house search and he left out the back door with an unidentified person while LE left out the front door. Unless said unidentified person was from LE ..... they would NOT have let him do that if they were concerned about his involvement IMO.
    I disagree...but that's ok. This place would be boring if we were all the same.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post
    Im learning so much here thanks for being patient with me .
    If its a blood hound does that mean it couldnt be trained to be a cadaver dog? Are certain breeds of dogs trained for certain jobs? If so why?
    If it is a bloodhound, it means just that, it's a bloodhound. The minute we start trying to second guess things based on looks (or breed in this case), is the minute we are going to start getting things wrong.

There are no hard and fast rules as to what breed can do what, and by putting things in boxes like that many a trainer or handler have missed out on a lot of great dogs. It is true that there is a large group, largely in the south that some of us refer to as the "good ole boys" that believe that a bloodhound is the only way to go (largely when talking about trailing/specific scent work). This is a very narrow minded way of thinking and very incorrect.

There are bigger issues, like a small dog with short legs is not going to be able to run a trail that is on hot pavement or for great lengths. A dog that has no drive to find anything (a ball, a toy, a squirrel, pick your poison) is not going to have the drive and desire to search for much of anything. KWIM? SAR is much more open than police K9 work. Obviously there are more limits with cop dogs because a cocker spaniel is not going to be very good at taking a criminal down no matter how tough said cocker is!

"I'm not concerned about myself," Baker said. "I'm concerned about Zahra."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz12SeqJ0DD

Adam just wants me to get a TO doesn't he?

Those being abused don't leave for many reasons. For one, they may genuinely love the abuser. The abuser isn't abusive all the time, and when they aren't, they can be very captivating and charming. They also can frighten the person being abused into not leaving, by threatening them with all sorts of hell.
    I don't know what was going on with dad. I am not sure, I'm no expert, but I have worked with those who were severely abused by spouses... including men.

I'm also going to say something that I hope won't offend anyone here, but I have had a few Australian male clients of the working class. Many are meat and potatoes and beer guys who may love their kids, but work alot, go to the pub, spend an occasional weekend with the wife and kids, and live in a 'man's world'. I don't know if that was the case here, but it sure sounds as though he was distanced from the child. He may have figured he was married to this ' Sheila', it was up to her to take care the child.

Also, men escape abuse many times by working extra hours, and absenting them as much as they can for 'legit' reasons, such as work. He probably also didn't 'see' too much into the relationship between his wife and daughter.

[QUOTE=MandyLeigh;5691092]I was reading what some of you where saying in the last thread about her father possibly being abused and stuck here in the states.

My feelings are that he was working a job. He was the one making money. He claims he worked so much that he hardly saw his daughter. He could have taken Z and moved into another apartment far away from the abuser. There should be no problem supporting just himself and his daughter. I do not believe he was stuck with EB.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fyrecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    "A woman posted in Australia posted [sic] on her Facebook page Tuesday that she was good friends with Zahra's mother, Emily, and that Emily had been searching for Zahra for 5 years. The post went on that Emily found out last week Zahra's father was remarried and living in North Carolina. It also indicated they learned Monday Zahra was missing in NC."

scroll down just a bit
    http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...ker_questions/
    Aww this is so sad. Why was it again that her mother gave her up?

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post

<Hands teh the TUMS again...>
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Here in this video at 1:42 and 2:02 it shows the dog I was talking about. There were other dogs out there also. Who knows, they apparently didn't find anything so the point is moot. MOO

Where are you Zahra????

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...cres001.mp4%26

11. The Following User Says Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:

Come sit by me on the sofa of peace next to the bar of joy. Just don't mind the blue streak hanging over...it's been a day.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    If it is a bloodhound, it means just that, it's a bloodhound. The minute we start trying to second guess things based on looks (or breed in this case), is the minute we are going to start getting things wrong.

There are no hard and fast rules as to what breed can do what, and by putting things in boxes like that many a trainer or handler have missed out on a lot of great dogs. It is true that there is a large group, largely in the south that some of us refer to as the "good ole boys" that believe that a bloodhound is the only way to go (largely when talking about trailing/specific scent work). This is a very narrow minded way of thinking and very incorrect.

There are bigger issues, like a small dog with short legs is not going to be able to run a trail that is on hot pavement or for great lengths. A dog that has no drive to find anything (a ball, a toy, a squirrel, pick your poison) is not going to have the drive and desire to search for much of anything. KWIM? SAR is much more open than police K9 work. Obviously there are more limits with cop dogs because a cocker spaniel is not going to be very good at taking a criminal down no matter how tough said cocker is!
    I totally agree with everything you said. The question was posed if there are breeds that are COMMONLY used and that's what I was responding to. Of course there are many other breeds that are both capable and do perform all sorts of work. And in this case if it were a coonhound / bloodhound on the site and the media is reporting there are cadaver dogs I don't think it's a huge jump to guess that's what that dog is sniffing.

HOWEVER, in the other photos & videos posted it does look like a rott. Who very well could ALSO being a cadaver dog

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

I always thought LE made it a point to keep people away from their searches..

I thought they did that because when the trial comes up, the DNA if often used...
    If he is charged, his lawyer could say "well, he was there when they found her body, of course his DNA was there...
    Personally, I don't get it.. kwim..??
    .. Please help Kyron come home!!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to froginTtown For This Useful Post:

Faherty was able to speak with Baker on camera Friday afternoon. "I appreciate everyone, everyone doing what they're doing. I just hope they just keep looking. Try to find my baby," Baker said.

Faherty asked "What do you think happened to Zahra?" .

"I don't know," Baker said.

Faherty also asked "Do you think your wife might have had some involvement?"

"I don't know," Baker said.

Faherty said Baker’s main point was to thank everybody who has helped in the search.

Faherty said after the search, Adam Baker left out a back door walking quickly to a car where he didn't answer any questions but did comment "Everyone knows more than I do. you know."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25402667/detail.html
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Well on the dog situation let me give ya my 2cents....mini Schnauzers and Great Danes need not apply. The only thing mine will sniff out is potato chips.

21. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I can find no direct quotations from Zahra's mother; neither has she appeared on camera. The "searching for five years" info was off of a Facebook page of someone purporting to be "a friend." All other information is also second-hand.
    This statement: Zahra's mother spoke out that she has been searching for her for five years, and that she just found out last week her ex-husband was remarried and in North Carolina.

Was published in this new media article here: http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...-investigation
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Well on the dog situation let me give ya my 2cents....mini Schnauzers and Great Danes need not apply. The only thing mine will sniff out is potato chips.
    LOL, well as long as you get lost with a bag of potato chips you'll be just fine~!

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    LOL !! I had a lab who is about as useless at sniffing as I am. However, I have another lab who can sniff out a crumb under the couch that's been there for a year. His nose is so sensitive that it drives me insane.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast