WA WA - Pierce Co, JBLM Hwy 507, Wht/HispFem 15-45, UP9978, Turner's tooth, Oct'10

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any new info on this case since October. Anyone with better sleuthing skills find anything?

Isn't that reward a little unusual, especially if no details are available?

Isn't that reward a little unusual, especially if no details are available?

Ummm -- serial killer Israel Keyes was once stationed at that base...

SEATTLE — The FBI in Anchorage has released a timeline on serial murderer Israel Keyes, who lived in Washington state from 2001 to March 2007 and who told investigators he disposed of several bodies in this state.

Keyes was stationed at Fort Lewis (now Joint Base Lewis-McChord) in the late 1990s and then lived in the Colville area in Stevens County in northeastern Washington and in Neah Bay, the Makah tribal reservation community at the tip of the North Olympic Peninsula, according to the FBI.

more at: http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/a...er-iii-fbis-updated-timeline-for-israel-keyes

Snipped from a list in my post on Israel Keyes' thread (Pacific Northwest sub-thread):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9815156&postcount=22

Kelsey Collins - May 9/09 - Unlikely. Missing from home.

Kayla Croft-Payne - Apr 20/10 - Unlikely. No sign of IK in WA state at that time.

Heather Higgins - Sept 2010 - Unlikely. Doesn’t seem like IK’s MO.

These are women listed as missing on WSP's website that disappeared in the year and a half prior to the skull being found.

Kayla seems to be the only one that falls within their estimated time of death, but that is only an estimate.

IK was known to use chemicals to speed things up. Should Heather Higgins be considered as well?

Sorry, I've got to run and don't have time to look into it in more detail.

But not always ... so it is certainly reasonable to look at possible Washington victims first, IMO.
(And besides, of course, this may not be a Keyes victim.)

Snipped from a list in my post on Israel Keyes' thread (Pacific Northwest sub-thread):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9815156&postcount=22

These are women listed as missing on WSP's website that disappeared in the year and a half prior to the skull being found.

Kayla seems to be the only one that falls within their estimated time of death, but that is only an estimate.

IK was known to use chemicals to speed things up. Should Heather Higgins be considered as well?

Sorry, I've got to run and don't have time to look into it in more detail.

There are some ruleouts listed for the skull on the NAMUS page. Kayla Croft-Payne is one of them.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9978

Pardon me for my lack of knowledge about the military, but at the time that this victim was killed, IK was not in the army anymore. How difficult would it be to get on the base (with a body, no less)? Or, does the base have large areas of open access?

Pardon me for my lack of knowledge about the military, but at the time that this victim was killed, IK was not in the army anymore. How difficult would it be to get on the base (with a body, no less)? Or, does the base have large areas of open access?

I don't know, Snoopster -- but a civilian hunting mushrooms found the skull, if that helps at all. (A little different than smuggling a body in, though!)

Ah! This helps explain a little further:

...The NVN report at the time the remains were found said the skull was discovered in a fenced area on the military installation; however, it was outside of the gated containment area where identification is required for entry. The report said the area was open to the public, with a permit, when no military training was being conducted. The area was a popular place for recreation purposes such as hiking, horseback riding, fishing and hunting. ...

more at: http://www.yelmonline.com/news/local_news/article_c62a49d6-1cbb-11e3-b46a-001a4bcf887a.html

Susan Powell? She fits in a lot of ways and there was always suspicion that SP was involved.

UID has nuc DNA entered. Does not say what type they have for Susan but I would hope they have nuc from a hairbrush or toothbrush or something. So I am guessing Namus might have flagged it already right?

Hi, I'm new to this thread having only joined WS a few days ago for the purpose of joining a different thread on a different case. But I happened across this thread and it caught my attention because of the remains having been found at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. I have had a friend stationed and my brother is in the Army Reserves and his Reserves Unit is based at JBLM. So I have been there multiple times and thought I could answer your question.

It is almost scarily easy to get on base there. Because it is not a training facility it is not an "open base" so you DO have to have someone with a military ID with you in order to get on base. But as long as you have someone with an ID in the car you can roll right on in. And once you're in, they seem to not keep tabs on you at all. (Not to my knowledge and I've been there several time for up to 8-10 hours at a time.) I have never seen them search a car either.

Once we had to park the car, get out and go check in at a office. But I never had to do that again for some reason. I guess it depends which gate you go through.

SO, my point being, even if this guy was no longer in the military, it might be possible he either a) still had some kind of military ID that would let security know he used to be active military and that MIGHT could count OR b) there's a good chance he still had friends on base and all he would need is for them to meet him at the gate or ride in the car with him.

JBLM is a big base and covers a lot of ground. Quite a few of the entrances are surrounded by woods. My brother and I commented once how it seemed like it would be too easy for people to sneak in. So there's also that (slight) possibility. I say slight, because he would probably have to be on foot and not driving.

Hope that helps a little.

Oops! I just now saw the comment where it says the remains were found outside the ID required access area. So that explains that. However, I will leave my comment up for now just so it can answer the question about the base/military bases. :) I'm not surprised the remains were found just outside the secured entrances. Some of the entrances/exits are quite remote. One in particular I left out of by accident and had to travel several miles through dense, seemingly deserted woods until I finally found my way back to I-5. And some corners of the base are quite secluded and covered with trees, hills, etc.

Bump, long rule out list for this lady.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Not sure how long the list was when you posted back in May, but I was startled when I checked just now and saw that there are now 284! Wow.

I wonder if the high number has anything to do with the possibility that we discussed early on of this being related to serial killer Israel Keyes? Or maybe the big reward...?

Kind of wish they would do some additional representations of her -- sketches, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back