Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Very interesting article. They rented a laptop, 42" TV, living room and then didn't pay. They owed well over a grand on rent and all the bad checks were to grocery stores. So what were they spending his paycheck on (I think we already know).

That's why they kept moving around so much.

EB listed her occupation on the rental agreement as "disabled" and she was getting $591 a month. That would have paid the rent on the MH ($114 a wk = $456 a month).
    Probably utilities, gas, and car insurance (which is required and quite high). If AB made $10 an hour (we're not sure about that so its speculation)...after taxes it wouldn't be that much. Of course, if drugs are involved it doesn't take long to go in the hole....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Health insurance in Australia and Canada is not "free"....
    ....but at least it's available to all, regardless of income and ability to afford private insurance.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Hey y'all. I've had a very busy weekend and have gotten lost on this thread.
    Thank you so much for being here for Zahra.

I was at a football game last night and a little girl passed by that looked just like Zahra. She was so happy. Smiling and talking with her friends. Had a snowball. Just being a little girl. How I wish Zahra still had that chance.

I'm gonna try to go back and skim through at least this thread. If I ask something that's been covered, please forgive me. I know I can not catch up.

Any bombshells since yesterday?
    Not really, Kimberly. They seem to have some verification of a sighting at a furniture store within the last two weeks or so, I am not sure of the date. Someone may be able to supply it.
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    I thought Elisa was a drug dealer? What the heck did she do with that money? moo
    I would bet money her drug dealing wasn't for profit at all but rather to maintain her own habit.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    I am feeling extremely stupid about some things right now myself. And not trying to yell at anyone at all- just that I think when these threads get really heated up, it puts more work on the mods.
    Seems that people on this thread have been working out differences of opinion on their own. I haven't seen any of the mods this Saturday night...hopefully they have a night of peace!

to our wonderful mods. They help make WS the ethical and safe site that it is. moomho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Sorry, don't want to scroll back- but for the poster who asked if Z slept with her prosthetic leg on, I recall an older article about B (that she stayed with sometimes) the one who said Z was sad/mad when it was time to go home. She said that Z took it off for sleeping when she was there.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hamsterdance For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    I thought Elisa was a drug dealer? What the heck did she do with that money? moo

She was not a drug dealer, she was an addict funding her addition by dealing.

She ate/snorted/shot up her profits.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post but several key players have shown up on facebook since I last checked.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.Ē

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    Lovely article about Zhara. Might have been posted but worth posting again

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...1_hpphoto.html
    Excellent article - thanks for sharing. From that link:

"She was the life of any camp we went on - the kids loved her.

"Other kids were so inspired by her enthusiasm and her fight to live against all the odds. On a camp last year with the little kids, she was doing the ropes course on one leg, and I remember the kids saying to her: 'Zahra, how can you do that?'

"And she said 'Because I want to' - and that was just incredible.

"She was the most inspiring kid."

What a great kid... and those two monsters didn't even know the beauty within her.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    ....but at least it's available to all, regardless of income and ability to afford private insurance.
    Same here...just paid for differently. Available to all. Even non citizens. Legal, illegal...
    IMO

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Same here...just paid for differently. Available to all. Even non citizens. Legal, illegal...
    If you're suggesting that we have a national insurance that covers every one of us, you are incorrect; though this is not the thread to debate the matter.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    Well they might have told her she was with them but Grandma had obviously not spoken to Zahra herself or she would have been able to verify to LE that Zahra actually was alive after the move. The only verification they have at this point seems to be the employees of the furniture store.

Also Grandma left out the fact that they had lived first with EB's father and then an apt before the trailer park and the move to the rental home.

I also thought Grandma was not giving interviews?

MOO
    Also keep in mind that all that info the grandmother is quoted as giving had already appeared in US/internet media before she said it. She could very well have gotten the info from media and/or speaking to LE.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkpuddytat For This Useful Post:

Boy I sure wouldn't say it was available to all- I know too many people who can't afford insurance so they don't have any.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    Photo of Zahra obviously during or right after cancer treatments. She looks so pretty.
    Zahra is a brave and beautiful child. While in Australia she was accepted and loved throughout her entire treatment. Surgeries, chemos, etc. She had the support and love children should have. moo mho

I bet that laid down the foundation for her future strength and endless ability to love. moo
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

I can tell you that you do not need to be a us citizen to apply for Medicaid, My daughter works for the State of Indiana for the Medicaid office and she has told me on more that one occasion that the main people that she had to qualify for benefits are illegal aliens and with Zahra having the disabilities that she had I have no doubt that she would qualify for benefits..
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimmer For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast