1474 users online (330 members and 1144 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Richards: Mick Jagger was "unbearable"

LONDON (Reuters) Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards says in his new autobiography that Mick Jagger became unbearable over the years and reveals he also calls the imperious lead singer "Your Majesty" and "Brenda."

The memoir is peppered with references to other celebrities -- from Johnny Depp to John Lennon -- but it is the prickly dynamic between Richards and Jagger that dominates the 527-page book, which is to be serialized in The Times newspaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101015/...books_richards

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I think they both could be unbearable, but I believe they love each other. Interesting book though,I just may buy it!

But no one ever sang Buddy Holly's "Not Fade Away" better than Brenda. I mean Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    But no one ever sang Buddy Holly's "Not Fade Away" better than Brenda. I mean Mick.
    Oh so true! Plus, I didn't want to marry any of the Stones for heaven's sake, just groove to the music. Can't speak for Keith, tho.

Wonder what he has to say about Brian Jones?

Also I wonder if he shares about falling out of that coconut tree on his head.

Johnny Depp always gets to hang out with cool people. How's that work?

Thanks Dark Knight,,,had no idea he was writing a book. I am a big Rolling Stones fan and will be sure to put this on my many books to read list!

Who would have thought, a rock star being unbearable!!

Thanks DK, a big Stones fan here.

Goz

This is a true story whether you want to believe it or not my roommate was friends with Mariana Guinness and Mick stopped by and my roommate said he came in like he was King of the Guinness Castle. He said he sat at the front of the dinning table and one by one everybody left.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    Oh so true! Plus, I didn't want to marry any of the Stones for heaven's sake, just groove to the music. Can't speak for Keith, tho.
    I agree with OneLove - I don't want to marry Mick. I just want to keep watching him strut, shake, wiggle, etc., on stage. I've been lucky enough to attend four of their concerts and hope to attend them as long as I can. He is magic on stage, a real showman, the perfect front man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Who would have thought, a rock star being unbearable!!....
    Exactly. I am shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    This is a true story whether you want to believe it or not my roommate was friends with Mariana Guinness and Mick stopped by and my roommate said he came in like he was King of the Guinness Castle. He said he sat at the front of the dinning table and one by one everybody left.
    "Her Majesty, Brenda".

I totally believe you, legalmania. Honestly, I've had my share of crushes on rock stars - heck, some might call it bordering on slavish worship. But I've never, ever gotten the thing with Mick Jagger.

He's always struck me as England's answer to Frank Sinatra: a little banty rooster crowing and fluffling his feathers, strutting around the barnyard. I have no doubt he walked in like he owned the place.

Many years ago, I was backstage at a Police concert and Sting walked into the dressing room much as I imagine ol' Mick did. Give me a guy with some humility and respect for others any day.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wonder what Mick would say about Keith in a brutally honest moment? LOL

These kind of complex intricate love/hate relationships usually go both ways IMHO.

One of their better ones. Check out Mick's lips, Keef's boots, Mick Taylor's "Omigod, what am I doing in this band, no one leaves the Stones and lives to tell about it" blank stare, etc. etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69labQKuuU[/ame]

Brenda was also a name journos used for the Queen. IIRC correctly they referred to Phillip as Stavros because of his Greek links.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    One of their better ones. Check out Mick's lips, Keef's boots, Mick Taylor's "Omigod, what am I doing in this band, no one leaves the Stones and lives to tell about it" blank stare, etc. etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69labQKuuU
    Oh, wfgodot, thank you for sharing this- I love it!

And, thank you to Dark Knight, for the heads up- this book just made it to the top of my Winter/ 'Snowy Day' Reading list. Can't wait to read it!

(I've always had a thing for guitarists, and always thought Keith Richards was sexy).
    Last edited by smart blonde; 10-18-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast