1077 users online (223 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Det. Brian Stevenson, 37, killed in Canton parking dispute, 16 Oct 2010

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101017/...x0aW1vcmVvZmY-

Baltimore officer slain in fight over parking spot

"An off-duty Baltimore police detective who was out celebrating his birthday was killed Saturday night in a dispute over a parking space, authorities said. Detective Brian Stevenson, an 18-year veteran with the department, would have turned 38 on Sunday..."

and

"A suspect pulled a rock or large piece of concrete from the ground and struck the officer with it...."

more at link

Senseless.

Sian James is a murderer. Worse yet this creep should have been locked up. Charged in July with attempted rape and assault.

Prayers for Detective Stevenson's family. RIP Detective Stevenson.

People are so fre*k*n nuts. You hit someone in the head with concrete? Why?
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...in_detect.html

James says on his FB page that people always "get the wrong impression of him". No, I don't think so. I think a whole lot of people were right on.

And no one can tell me that a college educated man would not know that a big chunk of concrete could easily kill a man. It's not as if he shoved the officer. He might as well have shot him or stabbed him. No doubt in my mind.

Prayers for Detective Stevenson's family. I know they will be encircled with love and compassion but what a tragic loss for the family and the entire city.

Sian James was caught in a night club. What? He just murdered a man and then went nightclubbing.

I guess that means that he didn't render aid. He saw a man go down and just walked away? I understand passion. I do. But to do something so horrific and then go party? Disgusting.

I would think there would have been lots of witnesses. I read that this was a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and clubs. Surely there was a verbal altercation first. Was the officer alone when he was attempting to park? Was James alone? Why didn't a group tackle him? Who called for an ambulance?

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    I guess that means that he didn't render aid. He saw a man go down and just walked away? I understand passion. I do. But to do something so horrific and then go party? Disgusting.

I would think there would have been lots of witnesses. I read that this was a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and clubs. Surely there was a verbal altercation first. Was the officer alone when he was attempting to park? Was James alone? Why didn't a group tackle him? Who called for an ambulance?
    The officer wasn't alone, I've seen it reported he was out with a friend.

Thank you jjenny. The friend was probably busy helping the detective and James just took off.

From July 2011:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...-baltimore-bar

Sian James was sentenced to 10 years in prison Wednesday for hurling a chunk of concrete that killed an off-duty Baltimore police officer last year during a heated argument over a parking space.

James, 26, was charged with murder in the death of Detective Brian Stevenson, but a jury convicted him in April of involuntary manslaughter, which carries a maximum 10-year prison term.