1579 users online (332 members and 1247 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Patsy Bi-Polar?

I have read that Patsy was taking anti-depressants, specifically Prozac.
    Prozac is an SSRI. In 1996 it was not known in the psychiatric field that prescribing SSRI's could exacerbate mania in individuals with bi-polar disorder.

Reports say that she was "moody". Without going into the specifics of a DSM-IV diagnosis of the sub-types of bi-polar let's say "moodiness" applies.

She may have been (undiagnosed) bi-polar. SSRI's prescribed exacerbated a manic episode. Manic episodes can be of varying intensities, some are psychotic.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Patsy was known to have a hair-trigger temper among some women who knew her. She was also a cancer patient, and chemo plays havoc with the endocrine system. Patsy may have had that type of personality anyway, but the chemo could have made it worse. Combine that with any kind of anti-anxiety drug and the combination could be unpredictable.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Hair-trigger temper is interesting. Did she act out? How did this manifest itlself?

I think Patsy's sisters knew of her hair-trigger temper and they also knew,beyond a doubt,that she was responsible for JB's death,when they were informed of it.Thus the raising of hands and praying/carrying on,PP being so quick to raid the house...etc...
    I don't think Patsy ever came out and admitted to them she did it.I think they just knew her well enough to KNOW she lost control and did it.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

I've always thought she had the symtoms of BPD.I've had to deal with that in someone else before.she fits the profile of it to a T.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57