Patsy Bi-Polar?

Bobbarita

Reaction score
I have read that Patsy was taking anti-depressants, specifically Prozac.
Prozac is an SSRI. In 1996 it was not known in the psychiatric field that prescribing SSRI's could exacerbate mania in individuals with bi-polar disorder.

Reports say that she was "moody". Without going into the specifics of a DSM-IV diagnosis of the sub-types of bi-polar let's say "moodiness" applies.

She may have been (undiagnosed) bi-polar. SSRI's prescribed exacerbated a manic episode. Manic episodes can be of varying intensities, some are psychotic.

Patsy was known to have a hair-trigger temper among some women who knew her. She was also a cancer patient, and chemo plays havoc with the endocrine system. Patsy may have had that type of personality anyway, but the chemo could have made it worse. Combine that with any kind of anti-anxiety drug and the combination could be unpredictable.

Hair-trigger temper is interesting. Did she act out? How did this manifest itlself?

I think Patsy's sisters knew of her hair-trigger temper and they also knew,beyond a doubt,that she was responsible for JB's death,when they were informed of it.Thus the raising of hands and praying/carrying on,PP being so quick to raid the house...etc...
I don't think Patsy ever came out and admitted to them she did it.I think they just knew her well enough to KNOW she lost control and did it.

I've always thought she had the symtoms of BPD.I've had to deal with that in someone else before.she fits the profile of it to a T.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back