Thread: WI Retired Teacher Murdered By Repeat Sex Offender

WI Retired Teacher Murdered By Repeat Sex Offender

A Racine teacher who did charity work all over the world was found murdered. Sandra Teichow who had retired continued to teach for charity all over the world.

The 67 year old Teichow was murdered by Wilbert Thomas a repeat sex offender. In the late 90's the DA tried to have Thomas commited to a mental health facility for violent sex offenders but was unsuccessful.

This guy is scary looking and is being held on $31,000 bail. He also has charges against him for bail jumping and robbery.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Thomas is indeed scary and defiant looking. Is that some sort of a restraint that he's wearing in the mug shot? Skeery guy.

Bless you, Ms. Teichow. No one can take away those years of teaching and helping others. She undoubtedly will be remembered by many. My prayers are with her family and friends

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

An in-depth article about Ms. Teichow's life and work with a lovely photo of her. What a loss.

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/c...cc4c03286.html

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

I can't understand why this guy can bail out. And only $31,000?!?

I hope they change that to NO bail.

You see this quite often, low bails for horrendous crimes. I don't get it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montana_16 For This Useful Post:

I have a strong suspicion that Thomas has no way of making the bail. In reading about his recent troubles, I'm just not seeing where he has equity in any property or a savings account. JMO

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Right now Mrs. Teichow's family wants her to be remembered for the life she led and not the horrible way she died.

We should grant them that request.

However, it's important that word gets out how this dang Judicial system works. Here's a good article on this murderer and who else is responsible for leaving him out.

Through the cracks, again.

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/genemueller/105134609.html

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

I think that is one of the greatest elements of WS. We do focus on the victim and their lives and accomplishments (and sometimes, struggles) while concurrently rushing to figure out what went horribly awry.

In all my reading about Ms. Teichow's accomplishments, I am awed. She packed an awful lot of giving into her life. She sounds like someone whom I would have really liked and admired.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    I can't understand why this guy can bail out. And only $31,000?!?

I hope they change that to NO bail.

You see this quite often, low bails for horrendous crimes. I don't get it.
    You can look the charges up here: http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl . Bond is now set at $250,000. People should also know--their is no such thing as a bail bondsman in Wisconsin. If bail is set at $250,000 the person charged has to come up with and post the entire $250,000, not a percentage. I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't going to come up with $31,000, and I'm pretty sure that he isn't going to come up with $250,000!

Update on the case is here: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/105206229.html

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RLynne For This Useful Post:

Article today begs to know why Thomas was free.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/105304638.html

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Filly--I think the sad truth is that budgets are so tight there just isn't enough money to go around. This man needed to live in a treatment center and work in a sheltered work environment. He needed supervision. There are tens of thousands of these men and women on the street, who IMO should not be walking around.

Thomas ended Ms. Teichow's life and devastated her family. He also destroyed his own life and his family's by his actions. Who knows if he remembers what he did or why he did it. But society (that's all of us) should not have allowed this. I'm not so sure he needed to be incarcerated but he did need to be in a locked and secure treatment center for everyone's safety. When a person is incompetent or unstable, society must do something to prevent tragedy.

The pendulum swung a little too far when the doors creaked open at the state hospitals in the 70s. I think that's called throwing out the baby with the bathwater. They were abysmal and awful places and were crying out for improvement. Many many people did not need to be living in them. Some did, however. JMO

Money.

Woman Takes Photo of Her Killer

A woman killed and robbed of quarters she planned to give to the needy snapped a photograph of her attacker, Wisconsin authorities say.

Sandra Teichow's camera was smashed and covered with leaves and dirt in last week's attack in Racine, but police were able to recover a photo from the camera's memory card, prosecutors disclosed Monday in court documents.

The photo showed a man with white hair walking with a silver cane. An investigator who saw the photo recognized the man as Wilbert Leonard Thomas, 65, of Racine, who has a history of sexual assaults, according to a complaint filed by Racine County prosecutors.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...olice-say.html
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

What is better than a picture!!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Wow!

We had a thread on Ms. Teichow here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...hlight=teichow

That is unbelievable. She took his photograph.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post: