Mex Cartels Control Part of AZ

Trino

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/16/mexican-assassins-headed-arizona-warned/?test=latestnews

"The federal government has posted signs along Interstate 8 in the Vekol Valley warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and the local sheriff says Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state."

How much longer are we (the US) going to take this? Should our priorities be safeguarding our own country vs conducting wars in the Middle East?

It's to be expected IMO to have the same sort of crime as Mexico when you let them come here illegally and reward them for it with free health care and beneifts.
Just sayin.

We need to close our borders. IMO

Ok, tried to lay down to go to sleep and this story just kept eating at me.

This is AMERICA!!! Send troops down to AZ and handle this crap!

I be d*mn*d if this should EVER be allowed on American soil.

How much longer are we (the US) going to take this? Should our priorities be safeguarding our own country vs conducting wars in the Middle East?

Snipped by me Trino:

I think we NEED to do both.
JMO

I have been researching this...
this memo was supposedly leaked last May...
and the references to it a
I am seeing say " False Alarm".

Also...all the mentions of it on the internet & from Fox seem to lead back to one "Washington Times" story. No other source seems to have anything reliable.
( Others may disagree...but the WT is owned by the Moonies, and I don't find it credible)
Just my own opinion.

I would like to see the US close all of the international bases and bring the troops back to the states. Each state could have 2-3 bases open which would increase the local economies, plus provide the help for building and guarding the walls at the borders.

Why do we still have overseas bases? It would take us less than 24 hours to deploy troops anywhere in the world. What am I missing here?

The US does not guard our borders. One of these days, a fanatical group will get in here under the radar and wreak havoc as we have never seen. They may already be here. Do we want to witness a nationwide 9-11? And, can't we please close the borders to Mexico to stop the drug flow? If we get that stopped, the cartels are not going to have a market for their drugs.

I saw something about this maybe a month or so ago. Its scary - and why in the hello are we allowing ANY cartels to take over OUR soil?

Luzer, I agree with you and everyday I think whoever is planning is getting closer. All they have to do is take the "grid" down. Grid goes down - we loose power, internet, phones and possibly even water. Then they can freely do whatever it is they want to do.

I agree - we need to build a HUGE GREAT BIG ENORMOUS WALL!!!!!

It's to be expected IMO to have the same sort of crime as Mexico when you let them come here illegally and reward them for it with free health care and beneifts.
Just sayin.

As a resident of Texas, I'm with you 100% that we need to control our borders, Kimberly. I have many fond childhood memories of visits to Mexico, including lots shopping trips to Laredo and quick hops across the border. Nowadays you wouldn't catch me anywhere near there.

However, the drug cartels are going to find some way to get their product into this country as long as there's a market here for it.

We've got to attack this problem from all sides, and while I'm a bit ambivalent about the issue of legalizing drugs, it may take some form of legalization, coupled with better treatment and education to improve the situation.

While I believe the border should be closed and protected, I also think the bloods, crips and ms 13 need to be stopped, in their tracks. Drugs keep them going and growing. In Afghanistan the troops don't destroy poppy fields as they are trying to befriend the native farmers, to get information. Buy the crap and burn it up, prior to it reaching America.

Stop the drugs and the gangs will not be making money. How to stop drugs, without a police state atmosphere? I have no idea. Very scary and very disheartening.

While I believe the border should be closed and protected, I also think the bloods, crips and ms 13 need to be stopped, in their tracks. Drugs keep them going and growing. In Afghanistan the troops don't destroy poppy fields as they are trying to befriend the native farmers, to get information. Buy the crap and burn it up, prior to it reaching America.

Stop the drugs and the gangs will not be making money. How to stop drugs, without a police state atmosphere? I have no idea. Very scary and very disheartening.

It is crazy. They stand guard over the farmers as they harvest. 93 percent of the herion problem could be gone and they allow it to continue because it is the countrys only source of income. I havent heard about any ecomonic plans that could replace that bussiness so they must not ever plan on having to think of one.
Making weed legal would cut down on the amount of new herion users because weed would no longer be a gateway into harder drugs.

I live in Arizona. This is real, very real. Phoenix is the #1 city in the US for kidnappings, and it is because of the drug cartels. This is not some hype, this is real. Close the borders.

I have been researching this...
this memo was supposedly leaked last May...
and the references to it a
I am seeing say " False Alarm".

Also...all the mentions of it on the internet & from Fox seem to lead back to one "Washington Times" story. No other source seems to have anything reliable.
( Others may disagree...but the WT is owned by the Moonies, and I don't find it credible)
Just my own opinion.

Mountaintime, I'm a bit confused. What do you think is a false alarm? I just ran a fast bing search, and came up with several dozen photos of the signs from DHS which "encourage use" of travel north of I8...so apparently that part of the story is correct.

Additionally, I pulled up some news stories of the mexican cartels threatening the lives of some of the leadership of Arizona.

So, I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I'm seeing some clear evidence that the stories have their feet in fact. I think that if there are signs 60-80 miles inside the US border which "encourage" people to not use parts of that state due to drug traffic, then the problem really exists.

And if the problem exists, then the problem is real. KWIM?

I mean all of this respectfully to you. Just very curious as to why you think this is a false alarm? TIA.

Best-
Herding Cats

Can't the National Guard be sent out for things like this by the Governor of the State?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/16/mexican-assassins-headed-arizona-warned/?test=latestnews

"The federal government has posted signs along Interstate 8 in the Vekol Valley warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and the local sheriff says Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state."

I live in Arizona. This is real, very real. Phoenix is the #1 city in the US for kidnappings, and it is because of the drug cartels. This is not some hype, this is real. Close the borders.

I was really hoping this was a hoax of some sort. It is terrifying to hear a statement from a law enforcement official about Mexican cartels controlling part of USA.

Our priority should be defending ourselves, and part of that is to control the borders, control who comes in, keep track of them while they are here, etc. Maybe this discussion will end up in the political forum, but the Middle East needed some attention, I believe. Not the kind of attention we gave/are giving it, but we had to do.

Just sayin.

I really don't know the answer to the whole problem, but I totally agree that we need to guard our borders. It should be impossible to access USA without our permission.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back