Thread: College Kids hot by police out side bar

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

College Kids hot by police out side bar

MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. – A police chief whose officers were involved in the fatal shooting of Easton native Danroy Henry calls the Pace University student's death a "truly tragic situation.

In an interview with the Globe this afternoon, Mount Pleasant Chief Louis Algano identified the officers who fired the shots that killed Henry as Pleasantville Police Officer Aaron Hess and Mount Pleasant Officer Ronald Beckley.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...calls_dea.html

I think the police were wrong here, and I think charges should be filed!
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Algano said Pleasantville Officer Hess was the first officer to notice the fight and also the first officer to try to break it up. He said Hess was in the parking lot near Henry's car when another officer knocked on the window of Henry's car. Henry's car was parked in the fire lane in front of the nightspot.
    "For unknown reasons, the operator sped away,'' Algano said today.
    Hess was swept up onto the hood of Henry's car, the chief said. As Henry allegedly drove away, a Mount Pleasant officer was hit by the driver's side mirror, Algano said

From the same article above

The mother was on CNN and explained that since the guys were parked in the fire lane, when the officer knocked on the window they thought that he just wanted them to move out of the fire lane. So he pulled away and an officer jumped in front of the vehicle. By the time the guy saw the officer he had already hit him, and then they shot and fired and killed the college driver.

I don't know the whole story, But what I do know is the driver was NOT drunk, or high on anything. And was a good kid! This is such a shame!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

This has a video of the after math.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...t-killed_N.htm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

The outcome will be interesting, since both officers were also injured. My prayers go out to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    Algano said Pleasantville Officer Hess was the first officer to notice the fight and also the first officer to try to break it up. He said Hess was in the parking lot near Henry's car when another officer knocked on the window of Henry's car. Henry's car was parked in the fire lane in front of the nightspot.
    "For unknown reasons, the operator sped away,'' Algano said today.
    Hess was swept up onto the hood of Henry's car, the chief said. As Henry allegedly drove away, a Mount Pleasant officer was hit by the driver's side mirror, Algano said

From the same article above

The mother was on CNN and explained that since the guys were parked in the fire lane, when the officer knocked on the window they thought that he just wanted them to move out of the fire lane. So he pulled away and an officer jumped in front of the vehicle. By the time the guy saw the officer he had already hit him, and then they shot and fired and killed the college driver.

I don't know the whole story, But what I do know is the driver was NOT drunk, or high on anything. And was a good kid! This is such a shame!

Was the mother there?

I think if a police officer knocks on your car window, I would think the appropriate thing would be to roll down the window and see what he/she wanted.

I highly doubt a police officer would "jump" infront of a moving car.

I'll give LE the benfit of the doubt...for now

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post: