1244 users online (211 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Christopher Daigle, 17, Sugar Land, 7 Nov 2002

Christopher Allen Daigle

Endangered Runaway from Sugar Land, Texas since November 7, 2002

Age: 17 -- Height: 5'10" -- Weight: 160 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Christopher's nicknames are Chris and TX 2. He has scars on his knees, left arm, and upper right arm. His bottom teeth are crooked.

Christopher was last seen with friends at the Sugar Land Mall in Sugar Land, Texas on November 7, 2002. He is believed to have left of his own accord, and he may be in Louisiana or Missouri.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

Investigators: Arrest could bring end to 9-year-old missing person's case

Investigators say the recent arrest of a Fresno man could bring an end to a 9-year-old missing person’s case.

[snip]

Though they’ll need DNA test results to make a positive identification, investigators believe the remains could be those of Christopher Allen Daigle, a Missouri City boy who disappeared in 2002, when he was 17.

More: http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Inves...127973578.html

TX - Christopher Daigle, 17, shot to death, Missouri City, 7 Nov 2002

Murder suspect to be freed over paperwork error
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8437602

Someone did not do their job right. The

It's regrettable, but mistakes do happen despite our best efforts to prevent them. And thankfully it is the type of mistake that let's him out on bond, not the type of mistake that allows him to go free without a trial. That's hard on the family, but not as hard as if the guy would never be tried.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    It's regrettable, but mistakes do happen despite our best efforts to prevent them. And thankfully it is the type of mistake that let's him out on bond, not the type of mistake that allows him to go free without a trial. That's hard on the family, but not as hard as if the guy would never be tried.
    True. I can't argue that he was not acquitted.

Alleged murderer walks out of Fort Bend County Jail

http://www.fortbendstar.com/2011/11/...d-county-jail/

November 23, 2011

<snipped>
    Almost immediately, those detectives gathered information in the case that led to the discovery of Daigle’s body and the identity of his alleged killer.

Teenage jealousy cited as motive in Fort Bend murder case

http://cmf.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...nd-2148883.php

By Anita Hassan, Houston Chronicle
    Updated 07:20 a.m., Wednesday, August 31, 2011

<snipped?
    While walking behind Daigle, from about 10 feet away, Mendoza raised the shotgun before shooting Daigle once in the back of his head, the men told investigators. Daigle's body fell, and he was killed instantly.

Mendoza and the two other teens fled. The three came back the next day and moved Daigle's body - which was lying out in the open by the tree line - underneath a barbed-wire fence, into an adjacent field where it would not be seen, officials said.

Prosecutor's error allows lower bail for slaying suspect

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...er-2281475.php

By CINDY GEORGE, HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Updated 11:15 p.m., Monday, November 21, 2011

<snipped>
    A break in the case came in August when Missouri City Police Department and Fort Bend County Sheriff's investigators discovered bones, later determined to belong to Daigle, while searching a Fort Bend rural area near FM 521

I see that these articles are all from 2011. The most recent one says he was due to appear in court Dec.15th. I am wondering if he showed?

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Wow, 9 years later! I wonder if these people that kill think that they will get away with it and then suddenly.......they are arrested! Would love to see that look on their face. JMO

Christopher Allen Daigle

Daigle, 17, disappeared from Sugar Land, Texas on November 7, 2002. Authorities initially believed he'd run away or taken his own life, but they eventually concluded he'd met with foul play. In August 2011, Richard Mendoza was charged with Daigle's murder. Authorities located his skeletal remains in a remote area of Fort Bend County, Texas. DNA testing confirmed the identification. Mendoza is awaiting trial for the slaying.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

From February 2013:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/fort_...a4bcf887a.html

Richard Mendoza, Jr. was sentenced to 50 years in prison and a $10,000 fine on February 11, 2013 after a jury convicted him of a murder he committed over 10 years ago.

The 28-year-old Fresno man was charged with shooting Christopher Daigle to death in 2002 when both men were only 17.

Is this the case that is on the new ID show, Gone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LostOldUserName View Post
    Is this the case that is on the new ID show, Gone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Yes, this was the case featured on the first episode.

Just came across the first episode of Gone. great show, will have to add it to my viewing regularly. Im so glad he was found and justice served. God I hope he doesn't get out on parole.