Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    On JVM, Tara Servatius (local WBT talk radio host) said that on background and off the record, the word is that the only reason AB is not behind bars is because LE thinks he knows where Zahra is and they want him to help them locate her.

Also, as we've already heard, said LE is appealing to media outlets to share their footage since what players in the case say in the media is far different from what they are telling LE.
    Family and friends of EB covering for AB, perhaps - don't know why, they seem to really like this guy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Can you direct me to the library?

Well, I listened to the 911 audio. Guy is guilty as heck, IMO. He was nonchalant but repeated their "theory" a few times, about how the fire was a likely diversion so "they" could steal his kid, who had been mistaken (yeah, in their small house, right?), for the boss' daughter.
    Look, no one who discovers their kid missing is going to put all that together so quickly. They are going to be feeling white hot panic at that moment. But not Adam. He was so calm and remembered to repeat their "theory" on a few occasions. He also joked about his child who they never see who is now missing and he thinks abducted by bad guys? And he can joke and giggle? B.S. This guy is at the least, an accessory. He knows his child is dead and his only concern is for his wife and his own freedom. Sickening.

Not sure but I think she is talking about Patty G's video library.

Patty's Video Library

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    10 in not unusual to start puberty as I was 10 way over 50 years ago!

I agree very odd for Adam to mention it.
    My almost 13 year old started getting extremely moody and emotional around that time. They actually had an opt in class during his 5th grade year about puberty and hormones and how this can affect them. I remember getting frustrated with him at times and he would tell me "It's not me mom, it's the hormones".

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    amen to that one, me too.
    I had a cousin whose son ended up in the ER with a high fever a few years after my daughter recovered from meningitis who refused to allow a spinal tap- to say I lost it on her is an understatement.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    agreed there is hink and stink aplenty in his behavior and statements IMO

OT although I love your avatar, how on earth am I gonna tell you apart from peliman?
    lol pelimans avitar has better hair lol LOL im looking for a new one!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

When Adam broke down in tears was this before OR after it was announced that his wife wrote the ransom note?
    I think this was after the ransom note but not 100% sure. Was this after they changed her status from missing child to a homicide investigation?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

On JVM, Tara Servatius (local WBT talk radio host) said that on background and off the record, the word is that the only reason AB is not behind bars is because LE thinks he knows where Zahra is and they want him to help them locate her.

Also, as we've already heard, said LE is appealing to media outlets to share their footage since what players in the case say in the media is far different from what they are telling LE.
    I wish the reporter was more specific on which family members LE is interested in hearing the media reports since the family is not telling the truth.

Could ONE of the family members be "Ms. Brittany"?
    Last edited by Patty G; 10-19-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: ETA - ONE of the
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post
    When Z was back in Australia, wasn't there fund raisers held for her? When she was fighting cancer? Please correct me if I am wrong but I swore I read old reports linked here about fund raisers that put her in the media for her cancer.

Z's health care costs were free right. So any of that money raised would have been for her future right? Now look at the fact that Z didn't get an updated leg. She needed a free hearing aid by charity. She didn't seem to have many clothes.

It's just nagging at me that maybe one of the reasons EB was attracted to AB was the money raised. She can't keep her sticky hands off of other people's money which is why she is sitting in jail right now. I can just see that money raised for Z going straight to EB once her feet hit Australian soil and gone in 30 seconds.

Please someone sooth my thoughts and tell me I am over reacting.
    Yes there were fund raisers held, also Camp Quality organised camps for her to attend and it sounds like she went to quite a few. I'm glad she went to those I bet they were some of her happiest moments.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

I wish the reporter was more specific on which family members LE is interested in hearing the media reports since the family is not telling the truth.

Could the family member be "Ms. Brittany"?
    Do you mean BB patty?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Yeah, kind of sounds like they checked in there as this poor child lay dying. They began concocting a story when they realized she was not going to make it. IMO.
    Something in that room disturbed him from the way he says it....there's definitely a hint of disgust, and he doesn't say we checked on HER, we checked in THERE.

Something in there disgusted him, he's removing himself from her as an individual IMO, looking forward to statement analysis on this one.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I haven't read all the post so please forgive me,

but can some one tell me why now they reported her missing,

What I mean is,

seem no one really knew she was around over the last month, so they could have gone on for a long time not saying anything, so why did they report it now?
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    My almost 13 year old started getting extremely moody and emotional around that time. They actually had an opt in class during his 5th grade year about puberty and hormones and how this can affect them. I remember getting frustrated with him at times and he would tell me "It's not me mom, it's the hormones".
    I was moody, defiant, stubborn and would "cut my nose off to spite my face" at age 10. I stayed in my room even after I was allowed out with the attitude of making my parents feel even more guilty.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Do you mean BB patty?
    The Brittany that was a drug addict and married to Elisa's nephew, the blonde with her mother.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    Well there goes my theory that he thought family had her. Although he did call them and they didn't so ? ?

Several things ... he still seems to "believe" the random letter was left by "someone". Didn't he see it when the fire was started? If he saw it wouldn't he know it was EB's writing? At what point did she admit that she wrote it ?

I was totally for AB being innocent .... but this 911 call has me sitting on the fence now. I still am not sure he knew exactly what was going on. I think he bought everything that ever came out of EB's mouth. I wouldn't doubt before hand she prompted him "make sure you tell them about the fire, and the ransom note!" so that's what he focused on ?

If you go to that 911 evaluation link and go statement by statement... there are like 8 statements with examples on there that are close to what AB was saying. Half would indicate he's innocent and half would indicate he's guilty going by their evaluation.
    I read that site and that's not what I gathered from it. He seemed almost solidly guilty when comparing his call to the examples in the article. For instance, voice modulation: In the article, a calm demeanor with a voice that does not vary much in pitch, which is how I heard Adam's voice, was from innocent callers only 4% of the time. Four percent:

How someone delivered a message can offer as much insight as the message itself. Did the caller use voice modulation with loud volume, fast speed, varied pitch, and emotional tones? Or, did the caller lack voice modulation by communicating in a low, slow, even, and unemotional manner? Emergency situations demand urgency, and previous studies of homicide statements have shown that the presence of emotion indicates veracity (6) http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_6_77/ai_n27504386/pg_4/?tag=content;col1.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Family and friends of EB covering for AB, perhaps - don't know why, they seem to really like this guy.
    I get the feeling that family (including extended and ex- family, even a lot of common friends) is one which is full of dysfunction and one which goes back and forth constantly with bickering and loving/hating each other. Never a lack of drama, I'm betting, and the younger ones have probably never known anything different. One of those sad cycles of generational dysfunction.

For one of them (EB) to be permanently disowned by the flock says a lot about how truly bad that person must be, IMO. So in comparison, AB may seem like a prince of a guy...in their world.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    That has been my belief all along. Adam Baker doesnt seem like he would be hard to break though. What is taking them so long??
    I'm starting to believe he has a low IQ but lots of cunning - you know cunning like a fox?

He's getting help.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Not sure but I think she is talking about Patty G's video library.

Patty's Video Library
    I just have slow dial up so I have to go to the library to watch the videos. I sat for 3 hours and watched him over and over. Im not saying the guy is innocent of everything. I think he neglected his daughter. I just dont think he killed her or covered it up. I think he was under EBs thumb and took everything she said as gospel. It was easier for him to check out of reality and she knew it. I think she manipulated him and he let her.

I do have to admit him not checking on her after the ransom note is NOT NORMAL. I still dont think he killed her.

I do think he needs to be in jail for neglecting Zahra.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    I had a cousin whose son ended up in the ER with a high fever a few years after my daughter recovered from meningitis who refused to allow a spinal tap- to say I lost it on her is an understatement.
    I can imagine, I know the proceedure is daunting and its scary when they make you leave the room but to refuse when doctor recommened AFTER having a family member go through that nightmare? IMO your cousin not that bright.

Back on topic
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

Giving blogging a stab. Link to my Websleuths blogspot. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

In reading the blogs of my fellow members I find I am getting to know many of them in ways I hadn't before. Some good reading to be found in those blogs. Thanks to all those members who are using this feature to share their thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    dad to 911:my daughter's coming into puberty, so she's hitting that brooding stage. (laughs) we only c her when she wants something.

http://twitter.com/MorganFogarty
    I will be good and not say what I want but I will say HE KNOWS where his daughter is Someone posted the 911 calls study all the guilty put down the victim No Innocent callers did

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

The Brittany that was a drug addict and married to Elisa's nephew, the blonde with her mother.
    Patty, I got the impression they were referring to multiple family members. I think some of them may be embellishing (to put it politely) for the media in order to make themselves look less culpable for perhaps not reporting or not doing enough (vs. what they may have told LE in initial interviews). JMO.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rbrnmw2 View Post
    I will be good and not say what I want but I will say HE KNOWS where his daughter is Someone posted the 911 calls study all the guilty put down the victim No Innocent callers did
    I'm having trouble holding my tongue. I keep writing posts then scrubbing it out and starting again.

I'm kind of wondering when anyone in Australia (friends/family) is going to start standing up for this lovely little girl? I've yet to see it.

BTW----TV media has now dropped the case

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Patty, I got the impression they were referring to multiple family members. I think some of them may be embellishing (to put it politely) for the media in order to make themselves look less culpable for perhaps not reporting or not doing enough (vs. what they may have told LE in initial interviews). JMO.
    What other family members spoke to the media besides Adam, and Brittany and her mother(married to Elisa's nephew)?

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

mytime is offline Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~William Shakespeare
    And without trying to sound mean, although I feel nothing for contempt for Adam Baker, he teeth look very suspicious to me. They look like a meth head's or even severe alcholics.

After hearing his 911 call, I am outraged he walking around free.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mytime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    And without trying to sound mean, although I feel nothing for contempt for Adam Baker, he teeth look very suspicious to me. They look like a meth head's or even severe alcholics.

After hearing his 911 call, I am outraged he walking around free.
    Dental care is very expensive here. He probably did not have the funds to go and get his teeth checked/cleaned/filings. Lots of people don't and there is like a 3/4 year waiting list for free dental care but it is hard to get on the list.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    I haven't read all the post so please forgive me,

but can some one tell me why now they reported her missing,

What I mean is,

seem no one really knew she was around over the last month, so they could have gone on for a long time not saying anything, so why did they report it now?
    One question of many we just don't know the answer to. Its speculated that

a) she was ill, maybe a return of the cancer, and died for lack of proper care

b) she was beaten to death by SM

In either of those circumstances, family had apaprently been questioning why they hadn't seen Zahra lately, also school officials had visited their previous home over concerns for Zahra, and thirdly DCF had visited their prior home over reports of EBs abuse of Zahra. All of those things may have combined to cause the report to be made when it was. The ransom note was supposed to explain away her disappearance IMO.

But what I can't get past, is IF the ransom note was meant to lead investigators to believe Zahra was kidnapped in error, then WHY didn't THEY alert LE to Zahra's absence during the fire call ransom note debacle?

so strange.
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

Giving blogging a stab. Link to my Websleuths blogspot. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

In reading the blogs of my fellow members I find I am getting to know many of them in ways I hadn't before. Some good reading to be found in those blogs. Thanks to all those members who are using this feature to share their thoughts.

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast