Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 547
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    This was on the Love for Zahra site.........

    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...14060&topic=84




    DISPATCHER: 911 what is your emergency?

    ADAM BAKER: Ah.. yeah my daughter is missing.


    DISPATCHER: I'm sorry? Your daughter…

    ADAM BAKER: My daughter is missing.

    DISPATCHER: Your daughter is missing.

    DISPATCHER: What is your address?

    ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave. Northwest.

    ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

    DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

    ADAM BAKER: She is 10. She's handicapped.. she has a prosthetic leg… so that…

    DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

    ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

    DISPATCHER: I am not familiar with what happened last night... what happened last night?

    ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

    ADAM BAKER: And his daughter is fine. His daughter came with him last night when I called him. And uh, It appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

    DISPATCHER: OK, Do you know who this was?

    ADAM BAKER: I don't know who... No... no ma'am..

    DISPATCHER: Do you know any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

    ADAM BAKER: I don't know.

    DISPATCHER: What is your name?

    ADAM BAKER: My name is Adam Baker.

    DISPATCHER: Phone number?

    ADAM BAKER: 962-xxxx

    DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

    ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

    DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

    ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

    DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

    ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

    DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

    ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

    DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

    ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

    DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

    ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

    DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

    ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

    DISPATCHER: OK and you said 21 25th Ave. Northwest?

    ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave.

    DISPATCHER: OK.. 21 21st ave.

    DISPATCHER: OK.. Hold on just a sec.

    ADAM BAKER: OK. Thank you

    [Silence...]

    DISPATCHER: OK... I see it now. I wasn't finding the call.. OK.

    ADAM BAKER: It was officer .. [unintelligible]

    DISPATCHER: Ok, we are getting the police out there.. if you find out anything at all in the meantime before we get the officer out there call me back and it would help us as far as finding your daughter.

    ADAM BAKER: Ok. Thank you ma'am
    IMHO what is wrong with that 911 call?

    Everything that is not highlighted in red.

    We've all heard frantic geniune (later proven to be geniune) to report a missing child or to report a crime that has occured and invariably the parents are frantic. Can't spit out who they need to respond quick enough. Some even beg for help.

    In one other case on here we even had a grandmother who almost yelled at the 911 operator...saying "Something's wrong....WE'VE GOT TO FIND HER". Even if that particular case has brought out some ugly behavior by that grandmother since that 911 call. That utterance was geniune and the panic and horror behind it was almost palpable. JMHO.

    Not so here.

    I had not focused on Zahra's Dad until I heard that 911 call. IMHO he's not only has my attention but he's smack dab in the middle of my radar. JMHO.


  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  3. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    He even says his boss thought it might be an "ex employee". Built in bad guy..............
    Sheesh, kinda makes you wonder what his boss would think he did that would drive an ex-employee to do something like this, doesn't it?


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

    Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.


  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:


  5. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunny AZ
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Welllll that 911 call was interesting to say the least..............

    I know people act differently in emergency situations butttt...there was no urgency there at all, none, nada, zilch !
    I am a very calm person under pressure and have made many calls to 911 (rowdy teenage son and daughter with Epilepsy) and I have never been hysterical during a call. Even so, I don't converse with the operator like I've know him/her for 20 years or make "cutesy" inappropriate remarks or giggle during an emergency either!

    Something tells me AB was being "prepped" for Z's disappearance for quite some time. Homeschooling (but not filing to do it legally), "we only see her when she wants something" from dad, neighbors never even knew there was a little girl living there

    What a huge mess


  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Savmom For This Useful Post:


  7. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

    My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.
    I've lived here all my life, I also live in Queensland and I meet people everyday who sound just like him.


  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:


  9. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    IMHO what is wrong with that 911 call?

    Everything that is not highlighted in red.

    We've all heard frantic geniune (later proven to be geniune) to report a missing child or to report a crime that has occured and invariably the parents are frantic. Can't spit out who they need to respond quick enough. Some even beg for help.

    In one other case on here we even had a grandmother who almost yelled at the 911 operator...saying "Something's wrong....WE'VE GOT TO FIND HER". Even if that particular case has brought out some ugly behavior by that grandmother since that 911 call. That utterance was geniune and the panic and horror behind it was almost palpable. JMHO.

    Not so here.

    I had not focused on Zahra's Dad until I heard that 911 call. IMHO he's not only has my attention but he's smack dab in the middle of my radar. JMHO.
    Right on Kat - Compare the call to CA, no comparison is there.


  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:


  11. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,052
    I think what is making this so difficult to find her is that her body *WARNING GRAPHIC* is chopped up from that wood chipper. I hope they find her.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  13. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    212
    absolutely!
    This past year I worked with a maybe birth dad (he was not on Birth Cert) who had Aspergers. I can still clearly remember the meeting between he and child services when he asked, point blank to the child services worker how much money he would get on SSI if he had this baby on the budget.
    ...and after a 30 minute visit with his child, he told us he was ok with that amount of time because he wanted to go get some pizza and have a smoke.

    (no, he did not get the child.)



    Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

    My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.


  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fyrecat For This Useful Post:


  15. #218
    bellyup's Avatar
    bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    I've lived here all my life, I also live in Queensland and I meet people everyday who sound just like him.
    You meet people every day that you have a complete lack of emotion and be monotone when making a 911 call about their missing daughter? It's not the sound of his voice that I'm speaking of, rather, the lack of emotion and inflection in his tone.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.Ē


  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:


  17. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    Yep! Get him there to give the mistaken identity theory some validity IMO!!
    Anybody who would know such intimate details about the boss to ask for a million dollar ransom -would know the boss didn't live in that little house!!
    That was one of the parts that stood out to me. He knows in great detail that the ransom note was placed on his company vehicle, addressed to his boss, supposedly to lure everyone out of the house to steal the boss's daughter (ending up with Z due to mistaken identity), and him and the boss have even discussed who it might be like an ex employee

    BUT when asked why someone would take the boss's daughter, he says he has no idea. It was a ransom note for a million dollars. The motive supposedly is money. How is he suddenly clueless about that.

    Except that the note is to establish mistaken identity, so the ransom cash motive slipped his mind because it is not relevant to this story.


  18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:


  19. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    He even says his boss thought it might be an "ex employee". Built in bad guy..............
    I read it as LE thought maybe an exemployee not the boss? MOO


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    treehouse
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    I think what is making this so difficult to find her is that her body *WARNING GRAPHIC* is chopped up from that wood chipper. I hope they find her.


    They have ruled out the woodchipper dog hits:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5690772#post5690772"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 10 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

    In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

    In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan











  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:


  23. #222
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,670
    I see why LE can't rule him out.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.


  24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  25. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    You meet people every day that you have a complete lack of emotion and be monotone when making a 911 call about their missing daughter? It's not the sound of his voice that I'm speaking of, rather, the lack of emotion and inflection in his tone.
    Not to mention failing to mention her name or what she looks like, or perhaps ask them to hurry.

    In a true emergency that silent spot where she was looking for the previous call would seem like an eternity.


  26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:


  27. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,200
    Which one of them came up with this cover story I wonder?

    Why do they always think it has to be so elaborate I wonder? The more elaborate the more they think it's believable?

    C'mon mang. (kat using her Scarface impression)

    WTH? Sheesh. Poor Zahra.


  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  29. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    That was one of the parts that stood out to me. He knows in great detail that the ransom note was placed on his company vehicle, addressed to his boss, supposedly to lure everyone out of the house to steal the boss's daughter (ending up with Z due to mistaken identity), and him and the boss have even discussed who it might be like an ex employee

    BUT when asked why someone would take the boss's daughter, he says he has no idea. It was a ransom note for a million dollars. The motive supposedly is money. How is he suddenly clueless about that.

    Except that the note is to establish mistaken identity, so the ransom cash motive slipped his mind because it is not relevant to this story.
    IRH. Do you think this ruse ... was that they thought Mr. Boss would front the money to get Zahra back and they wanted to collect the million?

    Good lord my head is spinning.


  30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 542
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:49 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 511
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 909
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6
    By Cubby in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 558
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •