1283 users online (265 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.10.20 - PI Lyons Accused of Witness Tampering

P.I. Accused Of Witness Tampering In Casey Case

http://www.wftv.com/goinggreen/25455422/detail.html

Defense private investigator Jeremy Lyons is being accused by two EquuSearch volunteers of trying to change their testimony about searching the scene where Caylee"s remains were later found. One has already been deposed by the defense and the other has given a statement to investigators.

Lyons was in court recently examining EquuSearch records. He keeps a low public profile, but behind the scenes, he's talking to EquuSearch volunteers who are not happy about it.

Brett Churchill and Brett Reilly, both prosecution witnesses in Casey Anthony's murder case, feel Lyons was trying to get them to change their testimony.
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

Fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    Fabulous.
    I'm sure he doesn't care as long as those JAC checks keep rolling in!
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

Was there ever a doubt that this would eventually happen? I honestly think it's not only possible, but very probable; that the defense is doing this carp on purpose and it has appeal written all over it. jmo
    I believe at this point; getting an appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel is their ultimate goal. Again this is just my opinion.

Sounds to me like he is operating as if he were a police officer and not a PI. I don't know the rules for PI's and I don't know if it is permissible for him to tell one person that another said something they didn't say in order to elicit a different story or what he deems to be the "truth." I guess what I am trying to say is that a police officer, investigating a crime, can tell two suspects that the other person implicated them or that they have confessed and they should do the same...in other words, work one person against another. But in this case, these people are witnesses so it is entirely a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LC446 View Post
    Sounds to me like he is operating as if he were a police officer and not a PI. I don't know the rules for PI's and I don't know if it is permissible for him to tell one person that another said something they didn't say in order to elicit a different story or what he deems to be the "truth." I guess what I am trying to say is that a police officer, investigating a crime, can tell two suspects that the other person implicated them or that they have confessed and they should do the same...in other words, work one person against another. But in this case, these people are witnesses so it is entirely a different thing.
    No, he can not behave in that manner.

From the article:

'WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense investigator is traveling through dangerous territory.

"The statute specifically says you cannot engage in misleading conduct," Sheaffer said."

Jeez!! Is the Judge going to put his foot down on this defense team now?!
    "We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact." Carl Sagan

Wow. O.O
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWatcher View Post
    No, he can not behave in that manner.

From the article:

'WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense investigator is traveling through dangerous territory.

"The statute specifically says you cannot engage in misleading conduct," Sheaffer said."

Jeez!! Is the Judge going to put his foot down on this defense team now?!
    Thanks! Well, that seems to settle it then. Now, let's see if something is done about their behavior. Finally!

I saw that on the news just a about an hour ago. Even the news only had a shot of him from the back. What a slippery guy. I feel for those two guys they had on the news. Well anyone who comes in contact with him.

Who brought J Lyons on board?

I thought HHBP said the defense could not talk to any of the searchers except for the ones he okayed personally. I would assume that would include their PI.

Oh I am sooooo happy right now I could bust! Here comes a train load of justice for Caylee. The fact that they have to stoop to these levels shows how desperate they really are. They've got nothing, and they're going down when they try unscrupulous methods.

Looking forward to some great face from HHJBP at the next status hearing.

May I ask some questions on this? Just to keep it all together in the thread. How do Brett Churchill and Bret Reilly know each other? The article says they both told this to WFTV, but does that mean they got together and took this information to the media? If Lyons told Churchill that Reilly said this and that, then Churchill must have consulted Reilly to find out whether this and that were actually said by Reilly, yes? No indication in the article of when this occurred, when the gentlemen "told investigators". Just looking to fill in some holes, if anybody knows the answers.

Hands up if this one is even moderately a surprise....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

WFTV Video Report - P.I. Accused of Witness Tampering

http://www.wftv.com/video/25456545/index.html

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast