1188 users online (239 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Ga. firefighter makes video of fatal car crash

Not sure where to post this-

A Georgia county is looking into whether any rules were violated after a firefighter took graphic cell phone video of a fatal crash that was shared with other firefighters, patrons at a bar and was later received by the father of the woman who died.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/18/ga-firefighter-makes-video-fatal-car-crash

I havebeen following this...it so horrifing! It NEVER should have been taken, and afterwards...it should have NEVER been shared with her family.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

This reminds me of the NC case. The same thing happened to her in October 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    This reminds me of the NC case. The same thing happened to her in October 2006.
    I think I know what you're talking about. I don't want to reveal details, but was it a really high-end car and a toll booth? And a family absolutely hounded by human monsters, electronically (net, email) and directly (photos taped where they'd find them, etc)? There are very few things I won't look into on the net, but that story made me too sick to look it up again.
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

Tapu I think you are referring to the case out of Cali... I remember the victims family, in that case, going to the media with how someone from LE leaked some horrible images, and how people online were harassing and taunting the family with those images. Some people are just pure sickos. This case is in the same league... seriously, who goes to a bar and shares such gory stuff and then dares to text it to other people? Sick...

I am so sorry the family ever saw this video. They shouldn't ever have known it even existed.

About the firefighter who took the video: I am not sure what to think. If he took the video to use as a learning tool with other firefighters, and one of them mis-used it without his knowledge, that would "almost" make sense to me. IF IF IF he took it to use as some sort of joke, or for shock value, then SHAME on him.

We are so fortunate to live in the time where we literally have technology at our fingertips, and so unfortunate to have to share that technology with dumb-butts who don't have a clue about humanity.
    Last edited by kgeaux; 10-21-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: added final thought!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I saw this the other day and it made me sick to my stomach. Her poor family, having to see that!! Who in their right mind would send it to them??? Sick.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

What hurts is the mother of the victim said the firefighters were not helping her daughter. She said they were just filming her and talking amongst themselves. Now it could be they already knew she was deceased and there was nothing they could do for her, but I can only imagine the mother's pain at watching this video.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    I think I know what you're talking about. I don't want to reveal details, but was it a really high-end car and a toll booth? And a family absolutely hounded by human monsters, electronically (net, email) and directly (photos taped where they'd find them, etc)? There are very few things I won't look into on the net, but that story made me too sick to look it up again.
    I remember that story. It is disgusting the cruel things one human being can do to another.

Whoever would do something like that is a complete and total jerkhead.
    imo

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

I recall in the jeffrey dahmer case, LE and investigators "shared" the photos taken be investigators who searched JD's apartment including gory photos I will not describe (and yes I saw them) with friends and acquaintences in LE oll over the world. Those individuals then "shared" them with attorneys, etc. all over the world. As a result I came across them accidently while doing some filing for an attorney I used to work for.

Shocking and jarring. I cannot imagine why anyone would purposely want to see those types of graphic images unless the viewing was required in order to perform your job.

This sort of "sharing" is just twisted and vile. MOO
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Can the family sue these guys in civil court for emotional cruelty??? or something else?? I'd try !
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw these photos and they were horrible. I accidentally stumbled upon a website that was, without a doubt, the most vile thing I have ever seen in my life. I won't go into details, but there was one photo in particular that I have been unable to erase from my memory (and it's been well over 2 years ago). I had trouble sleeping for days after seeing it.

Why anyone would do something like this is beyond me.