Possible match Marjorie Alice Knox, 14 - Missing Since: 14 Feb 1987 from El Paso TX

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
What about this girl??

MKnox.jpg

The Doe Network:
Case File 2898DFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

Marjorie Alice Knox

Missing since February 14, 1987 from El Paso, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: January 17, 1973
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She may have bleached her hair blond. Marjorie is White and Asian, of Thai decent.
Clothing: Purple shirt and blue jeans.
Medical: Possible pregnancy.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marjorie Knox was last seen while visiting friends in El Paso, after attending a Valentine's Day party at Veterans Park in the Northeast. She lived in Chaparral, New Mexico.
Her disappearance may be linked to the disappearances of several young women in the El Paso area the same year. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

El Paso Police Department
915-832-4400

Source Information:
Las Cruces Sun-News
NCMEC

I wonder if there is a site for her at findthemissing? Maybe it would list jewelry.

She looks like a good possibility.

Salem

I don't find her listed on NamUs.gov

ETA: I also didn't find her listed on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse website.

I wonder if there is a site for her at findthemissing? Maybe it would list jewelry.

She looks like a good possibility.

Salem

I submitted Marjorie's information to the TXMPCH, TXMPCH says that Marjorie Alice Knox's information was entered by New Mexico, it does not list whether her DNA or Dentals are available.

I just submitted Marjorie's information to the NamUs case manager in charge of Princess Blue's case.

If I don't hear back from them over the next week, I will see about contacting the Manvel PD to see if they have Marjorie's information.

NCMEC shows Marjorie's missing date as 2/13/1987 and that she was last known to be attending a party at a friends in Chapparal, NM. Her doenetwork page shows she was last seen visiting friends in El Paso, Texas. I believe the last seen information from her doenetwork page is the correct one.

I notice there seems to be some discrepancy with the date Marjorie Knox actually was last seen. Most reports say she was last seen on February 14, 1987 but some say February 13, 1987. It is hard to find information, news articles that have much information.

LE is or was convinced she was murdered by serial killer David Leonard Wood who is still on death row in Texas, been on death row since 1993. Marjorie or her remains have never been located though the women/girls DLW was convicted of murdering were found in a common area buried in shallow graves in the desert outside El Paso, TX. It could well be that DLW is not responsible for the disappearance of Marjorie Knox.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/706298

https://www.reddit.com/r/WithoutATr...jorie_knox_14_missing_since_february_14_1987/

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/158542106/

The following link describes a connection with Marjorie's disappearance and other cases in the area at the same time.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t51046.htm

El Paso, like so many other cities in America, has seen its share of runaways in recent years. With drugs and broken homes, the promise of excitement to be found in other cities, other states, uncounted teens have fled their homes and schools to search for fame and fortune on the road. A few make good, some wander back in time, but nearly all leave tokens of themselves behind, some indication of their motive for departure. During 1987, though, a rash of disappearances around El Paso baffled parents and police as normal, well-adjusted girls and women dropped from sight, without a trace. Fourteen-year-old Marjorie Knox was the first to go, reported missing from nearby Chaparral, New Mexico, on February 14, 1987. Three weeks later, on March 7, 13-year-old Melissa Alaniz vanished from El Paso, police noting that both girls had parents working at the Rockwell plant, outside of town. Desiree Wheatly, 15, disappeared in El Paso on June 7, last seen in the company of a man with heavily-tattooed arms. Three days later, Karen Baker's disappearance seemed to break the pattern. At 20, she was a legal adult, but police learned that her mother worked in the same Rockwell plant, with a nodding acquaintance to Marjorie Knox. Was there some hidden link between the missing girls, thus far unknown to the police? On June 28, 19-year-old Cheryl Vasquez-Dismukes vanished from El Paso, followed on July 3 by 17-year-old Angela Frausto. Maria Casio, age 24, was staying with friends when she failed to come home on the night of August 19. They reported her missing next day, and her car was found on August 21, without a trace of the missing woman. On August 28, 14-year-old Dawn Smith left her El Paso home, promising to "keep in touch," and abruptly dropped out of sight. On September 4, utility workers unearthed Maria Casio's remains in the desert northwest of El Paso. Police were summoned to the scene, and they soon found Karen Baker buried in a shallow grave 100 yards away. With no obvious wounds on either body, the cause of death for both victims was listed as "apparent strangulation." On October 20, 1987, hikers found the remains of Desiree Wheatly and Dawn Smith within a mile of the other grave sites. Two weeks later, desert prospectors found Angela Frausto in a nearby shallow grave. Marjorie Knox, Melissa Alaniz and Cheryl Vasquez-Dismukes are still missing, but all are now presumed dead by authorities. Police, meanwhile, have focused their attention on a suspect in the case. On September 19, 1987, an El Paso prostitute complained to police that one of her "tricks" had driven her into the desert, near the grave sites, where he pulled a knife and threatened her before she fled on foot. Another hooker, raped some weeks before, came forward after the report was published, both women remarking on their assailant's numerous tattoos. A search of police tattoo files led to the October 22 arrest of David Leonard Wood, an ex-convict with a history of violence against females. Born in 1957, Wood logged his first arrest at age 19, for the attempted rape of a 12-year-old girl. In court, he pled guilty to a reduced charge of indecency with a minor and spent three years in prison, paroled in January 1980. Four months later, he raped a 13-year-old stranger and a 19-year-old acquaintance, the latter mistake earning him concurrent prison terms of 20 years on each charge. He was paroled again in January 1987, days before El Paso's string of deaths and disappearances began. Wood denies any involvement in the spate of murders, and he has never been charged in the case. (Conviction of kidnapping and rape, in March 1988, has returned him to prison with a new 50-year sentence.) In the absence of an indictment, authorities note that Woods - and his tattoos - perfectly match descriptions of the man last seen with Desiree Wheatly in June 1987. He was also seen riding a motorcycle with Karen Baker, several months before she died, and witnesses have placed Woods at a local convenience store where Cheryl Vasquez-Dismukes was last seen alive on June 28. (Wood admits hearing "rumors" that Cheryl's family suspected him of her murder, and claims he "went searching" for her, all in vain.) Finally, friends of Wood have identified photos of Maria Casio and Dawn Smith as friends of the suspect, a claim Wood dismisses as simple "mistaken identity." Hanging tough in the face of mounting suspicion, Wood granted an interview to local journalists in March 1988, prior to his sentencing on the kidnap and rape charges. Avoiding the question of guilt or innocence, he harped on the killer's apparent carelessness in disposing of victims. "If I am going to kill somebody," he declared, "I'm going to put them 15 feet under, up in the mountains, where the coyotes can't get to them."

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

From NAMPN website:

"A Death row inmate was a prime suspect in the disappearances of Knox and two other teenagers in El Paso who are still missing. Witnesses told police that earlier on Feb. 13, Knox was at a Valentine's Day party in Veterans Park in Northeast El Paso. The suspect, who lived near the park, was seen talking to Knox from his truck. Foul play is suspected".

http://www.nampn.org/cases/knox_marjorie.html

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

What about this girl??

MKnox.jpg

The Doe Network:
Case File 2898DFTX
2898DFTX - Marjorie Alice Knox

Marjorie Alice Knox

Missing since
February 14, 1987 from El Paso, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth:
January 17, 1973
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She may have bleached her hair blond. Marjorie is White and Asian, of Thai decent.
Clothing: Purple shirt and blue jeans.
Medical: Possible pregnancy.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marjorie Knox was last seen while visiting friends in El Paso, after attending a Valentine's Day party at Veterans Park in the Northeast. She lived in Chaparral, New Mexico.
Her disappearance may be linked to the disappearances of several young women in the El Paso area the same year. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

El Paso Police Department
915-832-4400

Source Information:
Las Cruces Sun-News
NCMEC
Her murder has been attributed to serial killer David Leonard Wood. Murdered, missing women tied to serial killer David Leonard Wood

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back