GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #6

Melissa Jenkins, will stand trial for first-degree murder on Jan. 12. Prosecutors say she knew her son was being abused and failed to notify authorities. Jury selection for Ehrlick is scheduled to begin on April 27 and is expected to last about two weeks. His trial is expected to last about six week, according to a clerk for Fourth District Court Judge Darla Williamson.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Daniel-Ehrlicks-murder-trial-postponed-104443744.html

Mother of murdered boy pleads guilty for her role in his death
The mother of an 8-year old boy found dead in a canal has pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting his murder.

[snip]

Melissa Jenkins will be sentenced on August 11. According to the Ada County prosecutor's office, the state will request a sentence of 25 years in prison, without the possibility of parole.

Ehrlick is scheduled to go on trial in April. He has pleaded not guilty.

More: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Mother-of-murdered-son-pleads-guilty-to-aiding-and-abetting-114941094.html

Melissa Jenkins enters plea in Robert Manwill's death, points finger at Daniel Ehrlick

Melissa Jenkins admitted a lot of startling things in an Ada County courtroom Monday — including how she helped hide her beaten and bruised 8-year-old son from family members and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare workers in the summer of 2009.

Jenkins, 31, said she saw her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, hit her son Robert Manwill with his hands and a board that summer. Her lawyers say Robert himself told Jenkins that the 260-pound Ehrlick dropped a knee on the boy’s stomach as part of a punishment called “dead bugging,” where the boy had to lie on his back with his hands and feet in the air.

Jenkins said she failed to protect her son and that by allowing him to be left alone with Ehrlick on July 24, 2009 — the day the boy was reported missing — she was guilty of a charge of aiding and abetting murder of the second degree.

Ehrlick is still charged with first-degree murder.

This woman should be in prison the rest of her life.
Allowing this abuse and torture to take place against her child and doing nothing to stop it. :mad:

jmho

This still makes me very sad. I live in Boise and helped often with the searching, watching the news daily, felt heartsick daily.. Im glad it is coming to an end.

BOISE -- The aunt of Robert Manwill, the eight-year-old boy who captivated the hearts of the Treasure Valley during the summer of 2009, talks about everything from the search to her sister’s court appearance.

On Monday Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, pleaded guilty to second degree aiding and abetting of Robert's murder.

After hearing Jenkins' confess to her hand in Robert's death, her sister, Trish Burrill, says she plans to never talk to her sister again, saying that she is just as dead to her as Robert is.

But how did it go from standing by her sister to that.

More: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Robert-Manwills-aunt-gives-behind-the-scenes-look-into-murder.html

This still makes me very sad. I live in Boise and helped often with the searching, watching the news daily, felt heartsick daily.. Im glad it is coming to an end.

BOISE -- The aunt of Robert Manwill, the eight-year-old boy who captivated the hearts of the Treasure Valley during the summer of 2009, talks about everything from the search to her sister’s court appearance.

On Monday Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, pleaded guilty to second degree aiding and abetting of Robert's murder.

After hearing Jenkins' confess to her hand in Robert's death, her sister, Trish Burrill, says she plans to never talk to her sister again, saying that she is just as dead to her as Robert is.

But how did it go from standing by her sister to that.

More: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Robert-Manwills-aunt-gives-behind-the-scenes-look-into-murder.html

Welcome to Websleuths cv1964!! Thanks for the link!

I don't know how it went from standing by her sister to that but hey, at least she finally saw the light. I remember having a big argument with Trish on the Idaho Statesman site, she was making me mad lol. It was so obvious Melissa was in this up to her eyeballs and I couldn't understand how her sister didn't see it too.

KTVB.COM
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Updated today at 7:01 PM

BOISE - Daniel Ehrlick, the man accused of killing 8-year-old Robert Manwill was in court Thursday. While attorneys argued about what evidence will be admitted in his trial, we’re learning more about what happened behind the scenes before the boy's body was found in the summer of 2009.
Prosecutors say Ehrlick was supposed to interview with police about the disappearance of Robert Manwill on the morning of July 31, 2009, but that interview never happened.

"Apparently somebody comes over to his house extensively to give him a ride to the interview, that person finds him unresponsive, becomes concerned says some, and they believe he may have taken an overdose of medications,” said Gus Cahill, Ehrlick’s attorney.

more here + video

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/Atto...hrlicks-case-prepare-for-trial-116880803.html

KTVB.COM
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Updated today at 7:01 PM

BOISE - Daniel Ehrlick, the man accused of killing 8-year-old Robert Manwill was in court Thursday. While attorneys argued about what evidence will be admitted in his trial, we’re learning more about what happened behind the scenes before the boy's body was found in the summer of 2009.
Prosecutors say Ehrlick was supposed to interview with police about the disappearance of Robert Manwill on the morning of July 31, 2009, but that interview never happened.

"Apparently somebody comes over to his house extensively to give him a ride to the interview, that person finds him unresponsive, becomes concerned says some, and they believe he may have taken an overdose of medications,” said Gus Cahill, Ehrlick’s attorney.

more here + video

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/Atto...hrlicks-case-prepare-for-trial-116880803.html

I think it's a great sign that Ehrlick's attorney used the word "extensively" when I believe he meant "ostensibly." Perhaps this is a case of the blind leading the blind.

Too bad they didn't let him die!

Jury selection was supposed to begin 4/27.

Here's an article that says it will begin tomorrow, but I can't find any Boise MSM reporting it yet.

http://www.670kboi.com/Article.asp?id=2179950&spid=

Jury questioning is scheduled to begin next Wednesday, 5/11/11, for a Boise man accused of first degree murder.
An Ada County court clerk says the trial of Daniel Ehrlick is set to begin May 17th.

Robert Manwill’s 'last weeks were filled with fear, pain, and helplessness,' prosecutor says as long-awaited trial opens

An Ada County prosecutor told a jury Tuesday that Daniel Ehrlick never bonded with his girlfriend’s older son, and after two months of beatings turned fatal, he weighed down the boy’s body with river rocks in his pants pockets and dumped him in the nearby New York Canal.

That’s where he was found — miles downstream near Kuna — 10 days later.

After almost two years of waiting and legal wrangling, the trial for one of the most high-profile murder cases in Boise in years began Tuesday with 90 minutes of opening statements.

One of our local news reporters is in the courtroom and going to be tweeting during the trial. I've never been one to tweet or knew anything about it, but click on this link and you can read her updates throughout the day. http://twitter.com/#!/KTVBJamieGrey

I've been gone from here and haven't posted on this since everything quieted down. Someone mentioned a few posts about that this trial is stirring the community up and that is very true. Clearly I am back. I don't know if anyone remembers all the ways I was indirectly touched by it. Both my brother and sister and their family lived in the apartment complex that all of this took place at. My sister lived in the same building and my niece Kimberlly was the last little girls seen playing with Robert. We couldn't talk about it at the time, but now that it has come out at trial my brother in law via my dads new wife is the deputy that pulled the body out of the canal. When I found out yesterday that Gus Cayhill was his attorney, well lets just say they didn't assign him a low end guy who doesn't know what he's doing. Gus may be a public defender, but he's a good one. If someone gets him they're lucky. I know Gus and have seen him work cases. Now that doesn't mean he will get Daniel off. I just think if there is a way to challenge things to get them thrown out or find loop holes this man is smart enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back