RIP Bob Guccione, you helped me learn biology. I can't thank you enough for that!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Penthouse Magazine Founder Bob Guccione Dies at 79
Published October 20, 2010
| Associated Press

DALLAS -- Bob Guccione, who founded Penthouse magazine and created an erotic corporate empire around it, only to see it crumble as his investments soured and the world of *advertiser censored* turned toward video and the Internet, died Wednesday. He was 79.

A statement issued by the Guccione family says he died at Plano Specialty Hospital in Plano. His wife, April Dawn Warren Guccione, had said he had battled lung cancer for several years....

Rest in Peace. Prayers for your family.

He also published Spin, the Music Magazine, who wrote me about an article I wrote years ago on Steve Perry. Of course I admired him about that, (HE HE). I'm sure he published many other magazines aside from the *advertiser censored*...(which I think is filth) I didn't realize he was that old but it was a long time ago.

Prayers to his family.

Goz

Well I hope his soul had a sincere conversion at some point during his final months, although I heard of nothing where he tried to undo what he started, but if nothing changed, then he gets what he deserves. He added nothing positive to society, and played a role in it's degradation, Steely Dan's education notwithstanding, lol!

Well I hope his soul had a sincere conversion at some point during his final months, although I heard of nothing where he tried to undo what he started, but if nothing changed, then he gets what he deserves. He added nothing positive to society, and played a role in it's degradation, Steely Dan's education notwithstanding, lol!

Not just my education but the education of countless kids who's parents were too uptight to have "the talk". Ewwww, I'm glad I learned the way I did.

I certainly hope people treat your passing with more respect.

DK, is one of the most honorable posters we have. He was just voicing his personal opinion, to BG's passing. BG is responsible for a lot of the degradation of women we see in society today. And I am sure people will treat DK's passing (God forbid) with a lot of respect, as he is a man of honor!

Sorry mods, but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

I certainly hope people treat your passing with more respect.

DK is a wonderful poster who can have an opinion. As we all can. FWIW, we're not talking Mother Theresa here or a Ghandi.

imho

Sorry to hear the guy died, but to be honest his magazine never did much for me. Not that it would have. That said, I'm glad his magazine had great impact on others. That's as far as I'll go. :D

None of us are perfect. Some produce *advertiser censored*, some pass judgement....

None of us are perfect. Some produce *advertiser censored*, some pass judgement....

Oh I have my sins to account for, lol, but I didn't play a major role in spreading *advertiser censored* into the mainstream, and I think that's a good thing. I'll say the same thing when Hefner Larry Flynt or any of the others pass, I am sure. They contributed nothing except degradation of women.

Thanks to those who said such nice things about me! :blowkiss:

He also published Spin, the Music Magazine, who wrote me about an article I wrote years ago on Steve Perry. Of course I admired him about that, (HE HE). I'm sure he published many other magazines aside from the *advertiser censored*...(which I think is filth) I didn't realize he was that old but it was a long time ago.

Prayers to his family.

Goz

You wrote an article about the guy from Journey? Impressive, Goz.

O.K. is this the man in the wheelchair? I know it's not the man that walks around in his PJ's. Or is it the guy with the bad hair piece?

Whomever may they RIP. Goz, we are old.

Cracking up.

Flynt is the dude in the wheelchair Filly, PJ's is that old one with the young gals,, (Urg) Hugh Hefner, Playboy Publisher, the daughter I think publishes now, and I do not know the bad wig guy.....Unless you are thinking about Phil Spector but he is not a *advertiser censored* producer, but a prisoner.

Ok, so we are old but I am still one of those that fit in my high school clothes. (Ref. your thread awhile back!!)

Good day Filly.

Goz:angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998