733 users online (70 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking PETA dresses up as condoms in Syracuse to promote spaying and neutering

Link

PETA dresses up as condoms in Syracuse to promote spaying and neutering
    Published: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 3:59 PM Updated: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 4:01 PM

Two people dressed in condom costumes stood on the corner of South Salina and West Fayette Street Wednesday afternoon to raise awareness of feral cats and dogs.

From noon to 1 p.m., volunteer Dana Silvester and Cassandra Callaghan wore blue and pink condom costumes and held signs that encouraged people to spray and neuter their pets, said Lauren Stroyeck, event organizer and campaigner with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals....

I am waaaaayyyyy against animal cruelty but PETA goes to far and some of them act like dicks.

Anyone who can deal with the offensive, I suggest you go to Youtube and look up Penn and Teller's BS on PETA.

Is this a joke?

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....

ewww, just ewwww

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Is this a joke?

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....
    I'm sorry, but this is the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

A mere "thanks" didn't seem to cover it.

Personally, I am very much for spaying and neutering pets, but wearing a condom strikes me as not quite the point.

How do you know just before the moment and ewwww, nevermind.

WTH @ meat scented doggie condoms... that is just... disturbing. LoL

Peta in pink and blue condoms: that doesn't make me think of spaying & neutering... it makes me think of the funny but raunchy balloon party video by Durex, on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Link

I am waaaaayyyyy against animal cruelty but PETA goes to far and some of them act like dicks.

HeeHee, Dan.....this time they even DRESSED like dicks! (I'm sorry, my humor may need another dose of caffeine before it matures today!) This article begs the question: HOW do you find all the funny stuff you post!?

On a serious note, I am not a PETA fan, although I AM for ethical treatment of animals. Dressing up as condoms to make a point about spaying and neutering doesn't bother me: it strikes me as a rather clever way to garner attention for their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    HeeHee, Dan.....this time they even DRESSED like dicks! (I'm sorry, my humor may need another dose of caffeine before it matures today!) This article begs the question: HOW do you find all the funny stuff you post!?

On a serious note, I am not a PETA fan, although I AM for ethical treatment of animals. Dressing up as condoms to make a point about spaying and neutering doesn't bother me: it strikes me as a rather clever way to garner attention for their cause.
    I agree with the clever way to do it. (The pun was intentional). I post on a Bills website and one of the guys there digs things up.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post

BBM

ITA kgeaux. I think PETA does more harm than good. JMO
    Because they are so *off the wall* most of the time and turn *normal people* off to them. They are crazy IMO.
    But I do love animals and hate to see any mistreated.

The first thing I tought of when I read this is it was perfect. Because they are d*c*s so why not wear what covers them.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    BBM

ITA kgeaux. I think PETA does more harm than good. JMO
    Because they are so *off the wall* most of the time and turn *normal people* off to them. They are crazy IMO.
    But I do love animals and hate to see any mistreated.

The first thing I tought of when I read this is it was perfect. Because they are d*c*s so why not wear what covers them.
    Only history will be able to measure PETA's effectiveness.

Personally, I tend to find PETA's antics childish.

But as a general rule, it's the annoying who get attention and achieve change, not the respectable. Call it the "squeaky wheel" theory of social change.

I think they are a joke!
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Very funny!!!
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

I think The Onion is the best satire today.

Drippy wanted to see a picture;

Condoms have mouths? What do I need a woma.......ummm .
    Last edited by KateB; 06-16-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Can you imagine being the parents of a small child and coming up on a bunch of huge condoms???
    I'd be pizzed!! I may have to knock a condom out! Lol
    And they wonder why a lot of people think they are jokes?
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast