PETA dresses up as condoms in Syracuse to promote spaying and neutering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

PETA dresses up as condoms in Syracuse to promote spaying and neutering
Published: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 3:59 PM Updated: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 4:01 PM

Two people dressed in condom costumes stood on the corner of South Salina and West Fayette Street Wednesday afternoon to raise awareness of feral cats and dogs.

From noon to 1 p.m., volunteer Dana Silvester and Cassandra Callaghan wore blue and pink condom costumes and held signs that encouraged people to spray and neuter their pets, said Lauren Stroyeck, event organizer and campaigner with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals....

I am waaaaayyyyy against animal cruelty but PETA goes to far and some of them act like dicks.

Anyone who can deal with the offensive, I suggest you go to Youtube and look up Penn and Teller's BS on PETA.

Is this a joke? :waitasec:

dogcondom.jpg

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....

Is this a joke? :waitasec:

dogcondom.jpg

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....

I'm sorry, but this is the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

A mere "thanks" didn't seem to cover it.

Personally, I am very much for spaying and neutering pets, but wearing a condom strikes me as not quite the point.

How do you know just before the moment and ewwww, nevermind.

WTH @ meat scented doggie condoms... that is just... disturbing. LoL

Peta in pink and blue condoms: that doesn't make me think of spaying & neutering... it makes me think of the funny but raunchy balloon party video by Durex, on YouTube.

Link

I am waaaaayyyyy against animal cruelty but PETA goes to far and some of them act like dicks.

HeeHee, Dan.....this time they even DRESSED like dicks! (I'm sorry, my humor may need another dose of caffeine before it matures today!) This article begs the question: HOW do you find all the funny stuff you post!?

On a serious note, I am not a PETA fan, although I AM for ethical treatment of animals. Dressing up as condoms to make a point about spaying and neutering doesn't bother me: it strikes me as a rather clever way to garner attention for their cause.

HeeHee, Dan.....this time they even DRESSED like dicks! (I'm sorry, my humor may need another dose of caffeine before it matures today!) This article begs the question: HOW do you find all the funny stuff you post!?

On a serious note, I am not a PETA fan, although I AM for ethical treatment of animals. Dressing up as condoms to make a point about spaying and neutering doesn't bother me: it strikes me as a rather clever way to garner attention for their cause.

I agree with the clever way to do it. (The pun was intentional). I post on a Bills website and one of the guys there digs things up.

BBM

ITA kgeaux. I think PETA does more harm than good. JMO
Because they are so *off the wall* most of the time and turn *normal people* off to them. They are crazy IMO.
But I do love animals and hate to see any mistreated.

The first thing I tought of when I read this is it was perfect. Because they are d*c*s so why not wear what covers them.

BBM

Because they are so *off the wall* most of the time and turn *normal people* off to them. They are crazy IMO.

The first thing I tought of when I read this is it was perfect. Because they are d*c*s so why not wear what covers them.

Only history will be able to measure PETA's effectiveness.

Personally, I tend to find PETA's antics childish.

But as a general rule, it's the annoying who get attention and achieve change, not the respectable. Call it the "squeaky wheel" theory of social change.

Drippy wanted to see a picture;

dog-condom_1670375i.jpg

Condoms have mouths? What do I need a woma.......ummm [video=youtube;V3FnpaWQJO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0[/video].

Can you imagine being the parents of a small child and coming up on a bunch of huge condoms???
I'd be pizzed!! I may have to knock a condom out! Lol
And they wonder why a lot of people think they are jokes?

I don't care for PETA but I would dress up as a condom if it meant everyone was required to spay or neuter every dog and cat in the country until all such animals have a home...

BBM

I agree, Kimberly. If the condom fits...

I'm a true animal lover, but no fan of PETA and their inane antics.

I don't care for PETA but I would dress up as a condom if it meant everyone was required to spay or neuter every dog and cat in the country until all such animals have a home...

But do you think it's appropriate to walk around dressed like a penis in a wrapper in public? I'd be very offended if children were exposed to this.
And do you really think that people who see them are gonna run straight to the vets office?

They are a bunch of loons!

But do you think it's appropriate to walk around dressed like a penis in a wrapper in public? I'd be very offended if children were exposed to this.
And do you really think that people who see them are gonna run straight to the vets office?

They are a bunch of loons!

I said I would do it if it meant for sure that all cats and dogs would be neutered...not that I would do it on some silly hope that they would be :)

I don't think kids would have any idea other than some grown-ups wearing some stupid-looking balloon on their heads...it is probably no worse than much of what they see on regular network TV every day.

No matter what their "reasons", walking around in public dressed as 6ft condoms is very inappropriate IMO.
It's vile and typical of their behavior.

I'd be pizzed if me and my child walked up on that. She's 12 and would likely have a clue of what it is or would ask me about it.
I just think it's sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member