IWannaKnow

Reaction score
Another one.

Few Details Released After Body Found In Kingston
Victim Found In Burned-Out Car In Isolated Area

POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT October 20, 2010
UPDATED: 5:55 pm EDT October 20, 2010

http://www.wmur.com/news/25455753/detail.html

The body was found Monday in a car on a dirt road in a wooded area off Mill Road. Although an autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday, investigators said they didn't have any information to release. They said they hoped to be able to release the victim's identity Thursday.

What is it with burned bodies in cars these days? I just posted the other night about a woman who died this way in Louisiana and then there are the men in Utah. Yikes. I want to know who did this. Surely this isn't going to come up as a possible suicide.

I wonder if the person had some connection with the church or possibly met someone at the church. There's mention of possible construction going on at the church. Hmmmm

This is kind of weird. Might be something, maybe not. That church building has quite an interesting history. I found the church at 11 Mill Road in Kingston. Before it was the Bethel Baptist, it was the Mill Road Baptist Church and before that it was the Maranatha Baptist Church. Here's the website and some history:

http://www.millroadbaptist.com/index.htm

http://www.millroadbaptist.com/maranatha.htm

Looks like the congregation starting meeting in homes and planned and saved for a long time to build the church building in 1990.

"...On September 17,1990 construction began on the church building under the leadership of Mr. SL and the Minute Men. The people of Maranatha continued the building program with the help of many, many people and other churches working together to see the erection of the new building...."

and

"...In October 2006 we changed our name to Mill Road Baptist Church. Over the years we fear the name has been a source of confusion. We wanted Kingston residents to understand our name, our beliefs, and our concern for the spiritual well being of our neighbors."

and

"....Finally, for reasons known only to God, a series of events brought us to the conclusion we were no longer being called by God to carry forth the ministry at 11 Mill Road. A unanimous vote of the membership was taken April 6, 2010 to begin the process of closing this ministry...."

I can't quite put my finger on it but that history leaves me uneasy. Are they referring to the militia group, the Minute Men? Why would they help build a church? Is this area populated by people affiliated with the Minute Men? I grew up in the Baptist church (a more mainstream one, however) and church families typically do not just cease to exist. I find this really odd, especially since construction was seen there. Then, of course, there is the issue of a burned car and body.

We have not heard the whole story yet, I don't think.

I also found the history of Kingston, which includes a full history of this church:

http://www.kingstonnh.org/about town/history of kingston.pdf

There's a side note about an event in Kingston 75 years ago. A local preacher afixed turkey wings to his back and stood on top of his church roof flapping his "wings" and exhorting all to go home as "the end of the world was coming". I guess some things never change.

Thank you Missizzy for the eagle ears! :hug: I have looked at the few other articles, and none mention a young girl. That one doesn't either, except in the video. Wonder if they got other information and pulled that part of the written article?

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x154639179/No-information-released-on-Kingston-body

October 21, 2010

No information released on Kingston body
By Doug Ireland
direland@eagletribune.com The Eagle Tribune

The burned car was finally taken away on a truck about 4 p.m. that day, according to Kingston police Chief Donald Briggs.

"It was completely destroyed," he said.

The death also was investigated by the New Hampshire State Police major crime unit, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and the state fire marshal's office. All questions about the death were referred to the attorney general's office.

I've looked at the map of this, there are houses on that road. If the car was completely destroyed, I find it difficult to believe that no one saw it burning. :waitasec:

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x847473862/Kingston-residents-told-not-to-worry

October 22, 2010

Kingston residents told not to worry
By Doug Ireland
direland@eagletribune.com The Eagle Tribune

Investigators will not say whether the victim was slain, committed suicide or died accidentally.

"All I can tell you is it's being investigated as an untimely death," Young has said.

The autopsy began Wednesday, but additional examination of the body was needed yesterday, she said.

Accidental?

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20101022-NEWS-101029917

Officials identify body found in car in Kingston

"..... the remains of a woman found Monday evening in a burned out car in Kingston, New Hampshire, have been identified as belonging to Virginia Fairburn, age 50...."

and

"....the cause of the fire is undetermined but was most likely accidental...."

more at link

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x356199382/Amesbury-woman-identified-as-fire-victim

Amesbury woman identified as fire victim

"Ginny," which is what the family called the victim, was a loving and giving person, according to her brother-in-law...."

and

"....Family members said she sometimes liked to find a peaceful spot where she could relax. JM said his sister-in-law liked to stop in the area because it was between a friend's house in Atkinson and Amesbury. The area where her body was found is across from Bethel Baptist Church. Several dirt roads there lead into the woods near a power substation.

"Sometimes, she just liked to sit in the car and smoke a cigarette," MF said...."

and

".....Virginia, a 1978 graduate of Presentation of Mary Academy in Methuen and a double major at Simmons College in Boston, was a talented artist. She was the divorced mother of two boys, ages 16 and 18, who live with their father...."

more at link

Also:

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/Burn-The-Airwaves

The name of Virginia's business is a bit unsettling.

Thanks for the updates Missizzy. Still would be nice if the coronor can come up with a COD. Very odd about the name of her company though.

Just wondering, how many people must fall asleep in their cars with a cigarette each year--each day? How many cars catch on fire? Ginny's family says that she had a tendency to sit in her car to smoke. OK, wouldn't a person wake up the minute that the seat caught on fire? I realize that the woman could have been passed out or overdosed. That's a possibility. I guess she could have been committing suicide. But, I didn't get the impression that the car exploded as there was a body to autopsy. Something seems a little off to me. I wonder if she met someone at that locale? I hope the family really presses for answers.

If this was an accident, the general public need to be made aware of the danger, IMO. An awful lot of people are sleeping in their cars these days and I haven't seen a rash of burning cars. Unless the young men in Utah all fell asleep smoking with those propane tanks sitting on the seat next to them......

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/fmvss/index.html

FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Standard No. 302 - Flammability of Interior Materials - Passenger Cars, Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, and Buses
(Effective 9-1-72)
This standard specifies burn resistance requirements for materials used in the occupant compartments of motor vehicles. Its purpose is to reduce deaths and injuries to motor vehicle occupants caused by vehicle fires, especially those originating in the interior of the vehicle from sources such as matches or cigarettes.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi...E=49&PART=571&SECTION=302&YEAR=2001&TYPE=TEXT

CHAPTER V--NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC
SAFETY ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT
OF TRANSPORTATION

PART 571--FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS--Table of Contents

Subpart B--Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

Sec. 571.302 Standard No. 302; Flammability of interior materials.

Material A has a non-adhering interface with material B and is
tested separately. Part of material B is within 13 mm of the occupant
compartment air space, and materials B and C adhere at every point of
contact; therefore, B and C are tested as a composite. The cut is in
material C as shown, to make a specimen 13 mm thick.
S4.3(a) When tested in accordance with S5, material described in
S4.1 and S4.2 shall not burn, nor transmit a flame front across its
surface, at a rate of more than 102 mm per minute.
The requirement
concerning transmission of a flame front shall not apply to a surface
created by cutting a test specimen for purposes of testing pursuant to
S5.
(b) If a material stops burning before it has burned for 60 seconds
from the start of timing, and has not burned more than 51 mm from the
point where the timing was started, it shall be considered to meet the
burn-rate requirement of S4.3
(a).

I do not believe this car would have gone up quickly from a ciggy. Do we know what kind of vehicle it is supposed to be?

I just checked all the articles, IWannaKnow and I don't see a make or model. The video I linked to upthread shows nothing but a rectangle of ash. Maybe someone local will log on or something will pop up in the comments. The comments that I've read don't seem to represent the fact that this woman was known in that area. Wasn't there a comment, though, by a local guy who said he heard a man yell?

There's an interesting theory here, posted at 5:45 pm EST on Oct. 23rd:

http://www.wmur.com/r/25480270/detail.html

This poster says that authorities believe that she died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a small leak in the car and then the catalytic converter caught fire. There have been a couple of comments about the catalytic converter. But if that were true, wouldn't cars, idling on leaves, burst into flames every day?

If this is true, it's a horrible and freakish accident. My prayers are with Ginny's family.

I asked my husband about a catalytic converter catching leaves on fire under an idling car and he immediately stated that it not only happens, it happened to us. He just failed to tell me. Thanks a lot. We were traveling a few years ago and stopped to eat lunch at a state park in our BMW (almost new at the time). We left the motor idling as it was chilly. He got out to throw out the trash and just now tells me that the leaves were smoldering under the car. I'd always wondered what he was doing stamping around in those leaves.

So maybe, it's not so far-fetched. Personally, I think a public safety campaign is called for.

I know somebody this happened to. He had to avoid an animal on the highway and swerved off the road into some dry grass and shrubs -- no real damage to the car from that, but before he could pull back onto the highway, the grass under the car ignited. The whole car was engulfed in flames within seconds and he barely got his daughter out of the car seat in time. Very scary.

This is kind of weird. Might be something, maybe not. That church building has quite an interesting history. I found the church at 11 Mill Road in Kingston. Before it was the Bethel Baptist, it was the Mill Road Baptist Church and before that it was the Maranatha Baptist Church. Here's the website and some history:

http://www.millroadbaptist.com/index.htm

http://www.millroadbaptist.com/maranatha.htm

Looks like the congregation starting meeting in homes and planned and saved for a long time to build the church building in 1990.

"...On September 17,1990 construction began on the church building under the leadership of Mr. SL and the Minute Men. The people of Maranatha continued the building program with the help of many, many people and other churches working together to see the erection of the new building...."

and

"...In October 2006 we changed our name to Mill Road Baptist Church. Over the years we fear the name has been a source of confusion. We wanted Kingston residents to understand our name, our beliefs, and our concern for the spiritual well being of our neighbors."

and

"....Finally, for reasons known only to God, a series of events brought us to the conclusion we were no longer being called by God to carry forth the ministry at 11 Mill Road. A unanimous vote of the membership was taken April 6, 2010 to begin the process of closing this ministry...."

I can't quite put my finger on it but that history leaves me uneasy. Are they referring to the militia group, the Minute Men? Why would they help build a church? Is this area populated by people affiliated with the Minute Men? I grew up in the Baptist church (a more mainstream one, however) and church families typically do not just cease to exist. I find this really odd, especially since construction was seen there. Then, of course, there is the issue of a burned car and body.

We have not heard the whole story yet, I don't think.

I also found the history of Kingston, which includes a full history of this church:

http://www.kingstonnh.org/about town/history of kingston.pdf

There's a side note about an event in Kingston 75 years ago. A local preacher afixed turkey wings to his back and stood on top of his church roof flapping his "wings" and exhorting all to go home as "the end of the world was coming". I guess some things never change.

Minute Men is also the name of a day labor company who has offices nationwide I use to work security in one of their offices.

maybe they meant them and not the militia group

Just wondering, how many people must fall asleep in their cars with a cigarette each year--each day? How many cars catch on fire? Ginny's family says that she had a tendency to sit in her car to smoke. OK, wouldn't a person wake up the minute that the seat caught on fire? I realize that the woman could have been passed out or overdosed. That's a possibility. I guess she could have been committing suicide. But, I didn't get the impression that the car exploded as there was a body to autopsy. Something seems a little off to me. I wonder if she met someone at that locale? I hope the family really presses for answers.

If this was an accident, the general public need to be made aware of the danger, IMO. An awful lot of people are sleeping in their cars these days and I haven't seen a rash of burning cars. Unless the young men in Utah all fell asleep smoking with those propane tanks sitting on the seat next to them......

So much for FSC Cigarettes some are saying they cause more fires off to find an article I read about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back