2010.10.21 - Casey Attending Status Hearing 2010.10.29???

Jomo

Reaction score
I think it might be useful to explore the evolution of the status hearings.

All of a sudden Casey will be attending a hearing that she was told she did not routinely have to attend. My question is, "WHY THE CHANGE?" :waitasec:

Something has shifted in the dynamic here! Again, what is the defense strategy or has Casey just decided that she is going to attend, against JB's advice?
I have a humble suggestion (file it where it belongs). The previous status meeting thread has been closed for comments but perhaps it might be worth merging them and keeping them going in the same place.

Here are the links to the previous status hearing threads:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107326&highlight=status+hearing

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113071&highlight=status+hearing

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115566&highlight=status+hearings

I believe it's due to motions being heard this day about the jaillogs and visits..She needs to be there, this is more than just a status hearing...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think she's bored and ready to get out of her "castle", even if it is to the courthouse and in front of the judge. I would imagine with no visitors and very little contact now with anyone, including jailhouse "cookies", she is ready to climb the wall.

I think it might be useful to explore the evolution of the status hearings.

All of a sudden Casey will be attending a hearing that she was told she did not routinely have to attend. My question is, "WHY THE CHANGE?" :waitasec:

Something has shifted in the dynamic here! Again, what is the defense strategy or has Casey just decided that she is going to attend, against JB's advice?
I have a humble suggestion (file it where it belongs). The previous status meeting thread has been closed for comments but perhaps it might be worth merging them and keeping them going in the same place.

Here are the links to the previous status hearing threads:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107326&highlight=status+hearing

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113071&highlight=status+hearing

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115566&highlight=status+hearings

We shall see when the Hearing starts if she will be there.
IMO she should have been made to attend ALL Hearings..

I think it's because of the motions. I wonder if her hair will be down to her knees.

Yes it's because there are motions to be heard, let's say SCHEDULED to be heard, at the status meeting so she needs to be there for that. However, if I were the State, I'd ask for this one ruling to be looked at again, the ruling that she doesn't need to attend status hearings, because it seems like any status hearing has the POTENTIAL to hear motions unannounced at the last moment. Just in case, she should be at all the hearings. I think.

I bet the defense will drag KC out every now and then until May so they can guage public opinion on her hairstyle, ruffles etc. What works and what doesn't in preparation for trial. The public thinks the long hair is pretty, oops they noticed her shirt was crinkled. Blah, blah.....
Please lets not give the defense our pro bono public opinion next week on the external shell that is KC. Lets focus on the inner beauty (((cough,gasp,choke))) or lack thereof and then they'll slither off. MOO

Yes it's because there are motions to be heard, let's say SCHEDULED to be heard, at the status meeting so she needs to be there for that. However, if I were the State, I'd ask for this one ruling to be looked at again, the ruling that she doesn't need to attend status hearings, because it seems like any status hearing has the POTENTIAL to hear motions unannounced at the last moment. Just in case, she should be at all the hearings. I think.

hasn't jb tried to get motions heard at each of the prior status hearings???? I think she needs to be there as well...my only disappointment? I was thinking when I read "Friday" they meant "Friday" as in TOMORROW....:blushing::innocent:

hasn't jb tried to get motions heard at each of the prior status hearings???? I think she needs to be there as well...my only disappointment? I was thinking when I read "Friday" they meant "Friday" as in TOMORROW....:blushing::innocent:

So did I!!! I knew there was supposed to be one on the 29th, but I thought for some reason another one was scheduled for tomorrow. What a waste, huge waste.

They are supposed to present the JAC budget Motions and Responses at the Status Hearing on the 29th, along with the Motion(s) to seal jail visit logs and commissary orders and jail visit videos. That why the Inmate needs to be there for this Status Hearing. I agree that she should be there for all Hearings.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

Just as a refresher, thought I'd post Judge Strickland's January 23, 2009 order that Casey should attend all future hearings. It says in the order:

"She may elect not to attend mere scheduling/trial status hearings."

Mere means nothing more than whatever is specified. So a "mere status hearing" is supposed to mean just that and nothing more, just status. But if that "mere status hearing" just so happens to turn into a hearing where motions are argued (as was the case in the most recent status hearing on Sept 30, as I recall) what does that mean as far as JSS's order? The order continues on to say that if she doesn't attend it could lead to "future problems", though those problems aren't specified.

I think she's bored and ready to get out of her "castle", even if it is to the courthouse and in front of the judge. I would imagine with no visitors and very little contact now with anyone, including jailhouse "cookies", she is ready to climb the wall.
I would agree...she would probably enjoy the change of scenery...as long as she can get to the thing without chipping a tooth

http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

Just as a refresher, thought I'd post Judge Strickland's January 23, 2009 order that Casey should attend all future hearings. It says in the order:

"She may elect not to attend mere scheduling/trial status hearings."

Mere means nothing more than whatever is specified. So a "mere status hearing" is supposed to mean just that and nothing more, just status. But if that "mere status hearing" just so happens to turn into a hearing where motions are argued (as was the case in the most recent status hearing on Sept 30, as I recall) what does that mean as far as JSS's order? The order continues on to say that if she doesn't attend it could lead to "future problems", though those problems aren't specified.

As long as HHJP continues to ask, "Is there anything further?" we can count on JB always having "something." With JB there is no such thing as a "mere scheduling/trial status hearing." :cow:

.... which is precisely why I say this thing ought to be revisited. Who knows if he's holding that little trickery up his sleeve to hang on to for appeals of ineffectual counsel. 'But your honor, I was AT that status hearing when that motion was discussed.." (i.e., future problems).

Hello, this hearing is all about HER! Of course she's going to be there! Her lawyers are going to fight for her rights! I'm sure she'll have comments for the judge on how hard jail is for her and that she should be able to order bras privately. *eyeroll*

I love how they made this big announcement like a red carpet should be rolled out and all media should be ready to take pictures, like she's some big star. Gag me.

I'm telling you, if this was about something else that didn't directly relate to and affect her on a daily basis, she wouldn't give a flip and wouldn't go. Their announcement didn't mention Casey having to be there, but that she was going to be there, like she was choosing to be there, not being forced to be there.

It should be interesting. I wonder if mom and dad Anthony will be let out of their pens, I mean their house, to attend to see their darling, MOTY daughter? Can next week get here faster? lol

They should bring Casey in dressed in the traditional prisoner costume with black and white stripes, the little hat and a ball and chain around one of her ankles. Or they could always parade her around as the virgin Mary then Jose could play dress up too and go as a literal *advertiser censored* :truce:

Yes. He fancies himself as a modern day Columbo, feigning that something just dawned on him, ....um, uh..judge, there is just one more quick thing....

Ore tenus motions is his middle name.

What I want to know is will George show up? Hasn't he been absent for the last few, since the molestation charges? Maybe he will have to "work".

Did BP ever rule on the KC doesn't want to wear shackles motion?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back