1062 users online (212 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5

Please continue here.

Thread 4

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thanks,

Salem
    Last edited by KateB; 05-10-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Here are the last 3 posts from Thread 4 to keep the discussion moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    It could be just me, but, I find it strange the Jamisons JUST HAPPENED to stop at someone's home, who was building a "container home."
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yep. I think you're onto something there.
    mtrooper, how would you characterize any of Sherilyn's writings you may have happened to see?

Salem

Thanks Salem! Maybe THIS will be the new thread that finds us the Jamisons!!

Here, here, may this week month or year be the time that we learn something.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

there were actually 2 AD magazines in the truck. August 09 and September 09. I am not sure if they were purchased from a store or if it was a subscription. I will see if I can find that out. But there being two of them back to back months I would say either they subscribed to them, or someone who did gave them to them. Here is a link to the magazine covers for previous issues.

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/m...n%3Atoc&page=2

I wonder if the magazine comes in a plastic wrapper, or if it is like my better homes and gardens and just has a label stuck to the front of it with my name and address. Long story short I am not seeing an address label on the front of the AD magazine, FWIW.

As far as the address goes I am not sure. Its kinda like Bobby's address (must be a Oklahoma thing) not a physical address, just a PO box. There is no mail delivery on the mountain, I am not sure how to find out the physical address. Geez, I still don't even know the physical address of Bobbys house. Cant seem to find it, everything including property taxes list Rural Route 4, or Sandy Bass Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    As far as the address goes I am not sure. Its kinda like Bobby's address (must be a Oklahoma thing) not a physical address, just a PO box. There is no mail delivery on the mountain, I am not sure how to find out the physical address. Geez, I still don't even know the physical address of Bobbys house. Cant seem to find it, everything including property taxes list Rural Route 4, or Sandy Bass Bay.
    They would have to have something for 911.

So...would the local LE or fire responders have the physical address?
    What about the guy at the bottom of the hill?
    Could you find his address and work up from that?

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    I wonder if the magazine comes in a plastic wrapper, or if it is like my better homes and gardens and just has a label stuck to the front of it with my name and address. Long story short I am not seeing an address label on the front of the AD magazine, FWIW.
    I'm guessing in a plastic wrapper, as most people who subscribe to AD might want to be coddled and feel above the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    They would have to have something for 911.
    Not all rural routes do, though most should by now. But if there was ever a 911 call out, it's probably in the dispatch (such as "Up here past that house 'round the corner.) I think this is info I can look up.

And fwiw: the AD interestingly enough comes packaged in a variety of different ways.
    This issue for example, mailed out in plastic. Sold in stores minus plastic. My issues, come with address taped on the outside.
    http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes

I would be curious to know what kind of mailing ads were inside, if any at all. I can't tell by the pic. Oh and of course....it's not in evidence anywhere so how can we know? But most people, I think, read through and pull those out because they are annoying. If they actually read through a magazine, that is.

I'm guessing in a plastic wrapper, as most people who subscribe to AD might want to be coddled and feel above the crowd.
    Ouch, wfgodot!
    I subscribe. Had a good friend who was an editor for, some years ago.

ETA: Despite not feeling coddled OR above the crowd, lol, still having a hard time putting the dynamics of all of this together. mtrooper- do you know where the other issue of AD is from the truck?
    Last edited by Oriah; 10-22-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Ouch, wfgodot!
    I subscribe. Had a good friend who was an editor for, some years ago.
    Just trying to guess the tastes of a buying public a snobby mag like AD sells to, lol.

Just trying to guess the tastes of a buying public a snobby mag like AD sells to, lol.
    No worries. I subscribe because said editor friend has passed away and it's pure sentiment at this point.

However, it might be something to note: can we pull up a bunch of school records for....everyone involved here? Degrees and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    No worries. I subscribe because said editor friend has passed away and it's pure sentiment at this point.

However, it might be something to note: can we pull up a bunch of school records for....everyone involved here? Degrees and such?
    School records? Like pulling teeth. Wait, that would be dental records. But the right to privacy regarding the former might be worse. Toward the end of my long strange tenure in college teaching, I could not, legally, confirm having, let's say, Student X on my class roster, even if his or her parents called to talk about their son or daughter's grade.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast