OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Salem! Maybe THIS will be the new thread that finds us the Jamisons!!

Here, here, may this week month or year be the time that we learn something.

there were actually 2 AD magazines in the truck. August 09 and September 09. I am not sure if they were purchased from a store or if it was a subscription. I will see if I can find that out. But there being two of them back to back months I would say either they subscribed to them, or someone who did gave them to them. Here is a link to the magazine covers for previous issues.

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/...ry=section:magazine+AND+subsection:toc&page=2

I wonder if the magazine comes in a plastic wrapper, or if it is like my better homes and gardens and just has a label stuck to the front of it with my name and address. Long story short I am not seeing an address label on the front of the AD magazine, FWIW.

As far as the address goes I am not sure. Its kinda like Bobby's address (must be a Oklahoma thing) not a physical address, just a PO box. There is no mail delivery on the mountain, I am not sure how to find out the physical address. Geez, I still don't even know the physical address of Bobbys house. Cant seem to find it, everything including property taxes list Rural Route 4, or Sandy Bass Bay.

As far as the address goes I am not sure. Its kinda like Bobby's address (must be a Oklahoma thing) not a physical address, just a PO box. There is no mail delivery on the mountain, I am not sure how to find out the physical address. Geez, I still don't even know the physical address of Bobbys house. Cant seem to find it, everything including property taxes list Rural Route 4, or Sandy Bass Bay.

They would have to have something for 911.

So...would the local LE or fire responders have the physical address?
What about the guy at the bottom of the hill?
Could you find his address and work up from that?

I wonder if the magazine comes in a plastic wrapper, or if it is like my better homes and gardens and just has a label stuck to the front of it with my name and address. Long story short I am not seeing an address label on the front of the AD magazine, FWIW.

I'm guessing in a plastic wrapper, as most people who subscribe to AD might want to be coddled and feel above the crowd.

They would have to have something for 911.

Not all rural routes do, though most should by now. But if there was ever a 911 call out, it's probably in the dispatch (such as "Up here past that house 'round the corner.) I think this is info I can look up.

And fwiw: the AD interestingly enough comes packaged in a variety of different ways.
This issue for example, mailed out in plastic. Sold in stores minus plastic. My issues, come with address taped on the outside.
http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes

I would be curious to know what kind of mailing ads were inside, if any at all. I can't tell by the pic. Oh and of course....it's not in evidence anywhere so how can we know? But most people, I think, read through and pull those out because they are annoying. If they actually read through a magazine, that is.

I'm guessing in a plastic wrapper, as most people who subscribe to AD might want to be coddled and feel above the crowd.

Ouch, wfgodot!
I subscribe. Had a good friend who was an editor for, some years ago. ;)

ETA: Despite not feeling coddled OR above the crowd, lol, still having a hard time putting the dynamics of all of this together. mtrooper- do you know where the other issue of AD is from the truck?

Ouch, wfgodot!
I subscribe. Had a good friend who was an editor for, some years ago. ;)

Just trying to guess the tastes of a buying public a snobby mag like AD sells to, lol.

Just trying to guess the tastes of a buying public a snobby mag like AD sells to, lol.

No worries. I subscribe because said editor friend has passed away and it's pure sentiment at this point.

However, it might be something to note: can we pull up a bunch of school records for....everyone involved here? Degrees and such?

No worries. I subscribe because said editor friend has passed away and it's pure sentiment at this point.

However, it might be something to note: can we pull up a bunch of school records for....everyone involved here? Degrees and such?

School records? Like pulling teeth. Wait, that would be dental records. But the right to privacy regarding the former might be worse. Toward the end of my long strange tenure in college teaching, I could not, legally, confirm having, let's say, Student X on my class roster, even if his or her parents called to talk about their son or daughter's grade.

School records? Like pulling teeth. Wait, that would be dental records. But the right to privacy regarding the former might be worse. Toward the end of my long strange tenure in college teaching, I could not, legally, confirm having, let's say, Student X on my class roster, even if his or her parents called to talk about their son or daughter's grade.

Dental records would be nice.

And yeah- I soooooo understand on the right to privacy laws. It's somewhat painful when one can't disclose any info (which happens frequently in so many different lines of work) unless one is, ya know, family providing the info. And willingly doing so. *sigh*

I do think that we could possibly sleuth out records because it would be....here, maybe?

http://www.oklahomahomeschooling.or...meschooling:_An_Oklahoma_Constitutional_Right

ETA: You apparently do not need to educate your child in Oklahoma, other than to teach them how to....shoot a muzzleloader?

ETA #2: I am a full on home school supporter, so please take that tongue in cheek.

Dental records would be nice.

And yeah- I soooooo understand on the right to privacy laws. It's somewhat painful when one can't disclose any info (which happens frequently in so many different lines of work) unless one is, ya know, family providing the info. And willingly doing so. *sigh*

I do think that we could possibly sleuth out records because it would be....here, maybe?

http://www.oklahomahomeschooling.or...meschooling:_An_Oklahoma_Constitutional_Right

ETA: You apparently do not need to educate your child in Oklahoma, other than to teach them how to....shoot a muzzleloader?

Don't get me started on home-schooling - that great plan to protect one's children from knowing about anything other than their own kind.

I dont know about chool records but cant anyone get a background search on anyone? Credit history criminal history etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46