Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    Next witness is Terri Poff, Pat's adoptive mother. She is testifying about the van she bought.
    Just noticed your post Chili. Terri Poff is LPG, Jr.'s biological mother. News hosts may have identified her otherwise....they also referred to her in at least two instances as Terri GOFF.

Showing the video from the house.

Why do the defense attorneys keep laughing? Do they think this is a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    They went to Alabama after the murders? That's the first I heard that.
    So they did go back to Alabama after the murders on the 9th to pick up the red minivan, then met up again at the Gulf Breeze Walmart and to the antique mall owned by Pam Long where they met her.

Adjourned for the day.

So they did go back to Alabama after the murders on the 9th to pick up the red minivan, then met up again at the Gulf Breeze Walmart and to the antique mall owned by Pam Long where they met her.
    I had to step away for a bit. They went to AL to pick up PLW's red minivan? Why would they have stashed it there?

IIRC P.L. was parked at the church the night of July 9th, and the guys that came from the woods had been riding in her van, and after the murders they all went to her antique shop and transfered the guns and the safe into her van..Does anyone else remember it this way? I have never understood why she has not been charged with a higher crime.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimmer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mom23gr8kids View Post
    Why do the defense attorneys keep laughing? Do they think this is a joke?
    I really think that when Jr. is found guilty that there will be an appeal based on incompetent counsel. If there was a good cross of any of the witnesses today, I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    IIRC P.L. was parked at the church the night of July 9th, and the guys that came from the woods had been riding in her van, and after the murders they all went to her antique shop and transfered the guns and the safe into her van..Does anyone else remember it this way? I have never understood why she has not been charged with a higher crime.
    Yes, that's how I remember it and hearing about them going to AL that night is new to me. I also don't know why she's not facing a higher crime, though I think she's facing the same potential sentence??

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    That's not what Thornton testified to. Sumner was at the church with the tan Explorer. They saw PL when they eventually got to the antique mall.

I had to step away for a bit. They went to AL to pick up PLW's red minivan? Why would they have stashed it there?
    Don't know. Maybe I missed something and it had to do with the military guy from Alabama. Anyway, Thornton is just telling what happened, he wasn't the planner.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

I really think that when Jr. is found guilty that there will be an appeal based on incompetent counsel. If there was a good cross of any of the witnesses today, I must have missed it.
    I really don't see what they could do. They have video of Jr with his gun to Byrd's head and he's identified by Thornton. Thornton's testimony so far matches the video. We'll see how the defense's cross goes but it seems like a slam dunk case to me. Not much to work with from their side.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

I really don't see what they could do. They have video of Jr with his gun to Byrd's head and he's identified by Thornton. Thornton's testimony so far matches the video. We'll see how the defense's cross goes but it seems like a slam dunk case to me. Not much to work with from their side.
    I agree. But, I still think they're gonna go for this excuse in appeal.

Good question! There's still just a whole lot of things that do not make sense. Plus, I don't trust PNJ reports any longer as their stated facts of the case keeping changing! IMO

Here's the vid. of the trial from today. I suggest you step away when they show the crime scene photos

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101026/...llings-murders

18. The Following User Says Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast