Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 551

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    he has said many things to many different media outlets and in his 911 call...

    I don't necessarily think the reporting is bad... there are just several reports with his different versions floating around out there.

    MOO

    eta: I agree that the out of town thing was not "checked" out by this newschannel. I cannot find another article or video to match....
    I haven't heard him state he was out of town and the only discrepancy I can recall is the 911 call when he said he woke up and Zahra was gone and the interviews when he said he was working in the yard when he found out Zahra was missing. Are there more versions?

    If he was out of town that would've been a good alibi. Why in the world would he place himself at the scene of the supposed kidnapping if he was out of town? I agree that he's inconsistent, lying even, about alot of things but I don't think he's ever said he was out of town.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    essies's Avatar
    essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,294
    I can only assume the EB was the stylist who streaked Zahra's hair when she picked up her hearing aids. Now she is drastically changing her look. Why and why pose before a white sheet??

    "It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    134
    I did work in a store.. Someone was having trouble with their child,who was "pitching a fit" as we say here. An older woman came up to me ,saying she was going to keep an eye on the parents,because she was sure they had been abuseing that baby.. I tole her that child hadn't been touched,'cause if he had,he wouldn't have moved,or made a sound. Did give her something to think about..
    IMO
    I am "The Elephants Child."

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peg4x4 For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    No I don't have a link as nothing has really come forward to what Amber went through as a child or IF she was ever abuse.

    The only thing we know via Amber is what she stated in court that she would have to leave the state as she fears her mother, that her mother moved around a lot and that her mother got money from some guy in England.

    When I related my personal knowledge of abuse, it was for Zarah, and perhaps I should have stated I came from a dysfunctional family and could relate to Amber coming from a dysfunctional family. Although it was never stated that Amber came from a dysfunctional family, just a perception of a dysfunctional family.
    Okay...so we don't know what she might have suffered, then, and there are so many levels of abuse and neglect, and people act and react differently.

    I noticed earlier you said you also weren't sure you believed she was afraid of her mother. If we suspect EB was very abusive toward Zahra, very possibly even to the point of death, then how could we not believe another child of hers may truly be fearful to this day of the woman?

    I'm just saying that regardless what any of us have been through, no one's situation is ever exactly the same as someone else's -- some people are able to rise above things that happen to them and some either can't or have a very difficult time with it.

    Obviously, you very fortunately were able to overcome a lot, but not everyone is able to do that. IMO, it isn't fair to condemn her without knowing what she has been through and how it has affected her life and her own psychological makeup.

    I am very sorry that you suffered an abusive childhood. I think there is a special place in hell for people who harm children.

  8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:


  9. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by watergirl View Post
    I thought there was another pic with a sheet as a backdrop where you could see a Magic Chef stove in the the left background, with an american-style electrical outlet and wood panelling in the right background. The WS consensus in the thread was... mobile home in Sawmills? Recent. Aha!

    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 12
    This makes me feel uneasy.Why the back drop? Who was this picture for???

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ella971 For This Useful Post:


  11. #231
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    I haven't heard him state he was out of town and the only discrepancy I can recall is the 911 call when he said he woke up and Zahra was gone and the interviews when he said he was working in the yard when he found out Zahra was missing. Are there more versions?

    If he was out of town that would've been a good alibi. Why in the world would he place himself at the scene of the supposed kidnapping if he was out of town? I agree that he's inconsistent, lying even, about alot of things but I don't think he's ever said he was out of town.
    I wonder where news14 got it...

    I further am curious what he said when the reporter talked over him on goodmorning america. I couldn't make it out for the life of me but wondered if that was the interview news14 was taking their info from???
    This bee my opinion

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  13. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3rd rock from the ☼
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT88 View Post
    I totally agree! Seeing a full-sized grown woman petrified and sick to her stomach to have to say those things in front of her mother on the screen says it all. It says a small child like Zahra didn't have a chance in heck of being safe with that psychopath.
    You have got to be a pretty bad mother for your own kids to want you to stay in jail.
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.


    Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio



    Find Stacy Peterson|timeline


    Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.



    Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

    Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/


  14. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    Okay...so we don't know what she might have suffered, then, and there are so many levels of abuse and neglect, and people act and react differently.

    I noticed earlier you said you also weren't sure you believed she was afraid of her mother. If we suspect EB was very abusive toward Zahra, very possibly even to the point of death, then how could we not believe another child of hers may truly be fearful to this day of the woman?

    I'm just saying that regardless what any of us have been through, no one's situation is ever exactly the same as someone else's -- some people are able to rise above things that happen to them and some either can't or have a very difficult time with it.

    Obviously, you very fortunately were able to overcome a lot, but not everyone is able to do that. IMO, it isn't fair to condemn her without knowing what she has been through and how it has affected her life and her own psychological makeup.

    I am very sorry that you suffered an abusive childhood. I think there is a special place in hell for people who harm children.
    I am not condemning Amber; I just don't believe her.
    Last edited by Patty G; 10-22-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: sp
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:


  16. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    I can only assume the EB was the stylist who streaked Zahra's hair when she picked up her hearing aids. Now she is drastically changing her look. Why and why pose before a white sheet??
    ITA. Would Zahra want that kind of attention, do you think? My gut tells me she would pick something different. Idk. I let my kids do what they wanted to their hair - they didnt get into coloring until high school, and never anything that screamed LOOK AT ME. That was a few years ago but still...looks like EB was trying to make her in her own image. So sad.

  17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to watergirl For This Useful Post:


  18. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    I am not condemning Amber, I just don't believe her.
    Good...thanks for clarifying.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:


  20. #236
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    4,941
    Quote Originally Posted by watergirl View Post
    I cant believe they would even own an 05 Impala because their ability to make the payments seems questionable. The 70s Monte Carlo I can believe easily...well, if there actually is one.

    Respectfully snipped, BBM. This is the same reason I have a hard time believing AB and Zahra were in the States with a legit residency visa. I moved to the UK from the States (with kids) and it just doesn't make any sense to me.

    IMO, I think they overstayed as visitors. For a residency visa EB would had to have proven she could support both AB and Zahra at 125% above the national poverty level, proven they had housing, etc. AND AB would have had to prove he had sole physical and legal custody of Zahra and provided those documents to the consulate he applied to.

    Even with sole custody he may still have had to petition the court for permission to remove Zahra from Australia according to their statutes.


    http://www.visaamerica.com/our_services_spouse/
    http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf
    http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/A1en.pdf
    http://www.afp.gov.au/policing/famil...y-law-kit.aspx
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."


  21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:


  22. #237
    essies's Avatar
    essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by watergirl View Post
    I thought there was another pic with a sheet as a backdrop where you could see a Magic Chef stove in the the left background, with an american-style electrical outlet and wood panelling in the right background. The WS consensus in the thread was... mobile home in Sawmills? Recent. Aha!

    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 12
    EB had a plan. What was it??? IMO It definetly involved the passports and leaving. But where was she going???

    "It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:


  24. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somerset Ohio
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    I haven't heard exactly what Amber went through in order to make a comparison to my childhood. Do you have a link?
    I am so sorry all of you went through abuse as children I can't imagine I had a good childhood my parents were superb My abuse started with my ex I never knew what was going to set him off he always liked the shower curtain closed I use to hide in their when he would get drunk and go on a rampage we lived in a trailer so the back door was close to the bathroom I would open the back door leaving it ajar he would go outside looking for me I would hide in the shower He never found me and I finally told my family and they helped me leave him I ended up in a DV shelter cause he stalked me at my parents So I know in that sense, fear and felt bad for AF


  25. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    This makes me feel uneasy.Why the back drop? Who was this picture for???
    Zahras hair was really shourt punk styly also, make me think evil stepmom cut it.
    Last edited by imamaze; 10-22-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edited out name calling

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catnron For This Useful Post:


  27. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I wonder where news14 got it...

    I further am curious what he said when the reporter talked over him on goodmorning america. I couldn't make it out for the life of me but wondered if that was the interview news14 was taking their info from???
    I can only guess thet News14 considers going to a job from 11 AM to 2 PM to being "out of town." And in all fairness he sure could have driven to another town and back in 3 hours.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:


  29. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    EB had a plan. What was it??? IMO It definetly involved the passports and leaving. But where was she going???
    Great Britain comes to mind.

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:


  31. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    This makes me feel uneasy.Why the back drop? Who was this picture for???
    passport? Go check out thread 12 when you have time, that was kicked around a bit in there.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to watergirl For This Useful Post:


  33. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by catnron View Post
    Zahras hair was really shourt punk styly also, make me think evil stepwitch cut it.
    I thought it odd for the backdrop to hide her living space. I wonder who she was sending the picture to?

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to ella971 For This Useful Post:


  35. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    Great Britain comes to mind.
    My thougts exactly...
    Last edited by hellinor; 10-22-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: removed rumour

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hellinor For This Useful Post:


  37. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by watergirl View Post
    passport? Go check out thread 12 when you have time, that was kicked around a bit in there.
    Can you take your own passport photo? I didn't think you could.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to ella971 For This Useful Post:


  39. #246
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    I can only guess thet News14 considers going to a job from 11 AM to 2 PM to being "out of town." And in all fairness he sure could have driven to another town and back in 3 hours.
    LOL Dear P! I think you hit the nail on the head there!
    This bee my opinion

  40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  41. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrnmw2 View Post
    I am so sorry all of you went through abuse as children I can't imagine I had a good childhood my parents were superb My abuse started with my ex I never knew what was going to set him off he always liked the shower curtain closed I use to hide in their when he would get drunk and go on a rampage we lived in a trailer so the back door was close to the bathroom I would open the back door leaving it ajar he would go outside looking for me I would hide in the shower He never found me and I finally told my family and they helped me leave him I ended up in a DV shelter cause he stalked me at my parents So I know in that sense, fear and felt bad for AF
    oh man - congrats for finding the courage to move on. go another mile...

    (((rbrnmw2)))

  42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to watergirl For This Useful Post:


  43. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I wonder where news14 got it...

    I further am curious what he said when the reporter talked over him on goodmorning america. I couldn't make it out for the life of me but wondered if that was the interview news14 was taking their info from???

    I live in Charlotte and would never take anything I heard them say on News14 to the bank.

    I am a newsaholic, watching news on all the local and national channels all throughout the days and nights.

    I have seen on more than one occasion where information that was given on network local stations was QUITE different from what was given on News14. Not only were facts altered, but so were details of where an event happened, who was involved, and the eventual outcome of those events were markedly different from what every other news broadcast stated.

    Just food for thought.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law


    All posts are my opinion only.


  44. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:


  45. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,757
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    did we know this??? also... I am wondering if he said he was out of town in the abc interview I transcribed when the reporter talked over top of him and I couldn't hear...

    Why wasn't the father with Zahra, why did the stepmom have her?

    We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. Reports surfaced that he came home and Elisa Baker came running out of the house to tell him Zahra was gone.
    Elisa Baker was with Zahra in May when she received the hearing aids from Starkey Hearing and Speedway Children's Charities. When News 14 Carolina interviewed Elisa Baker, she said she was Zahra's mom and didn't specify stepmom.


    http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...ker_questions/


    whaaaat??????
    nurse can I jsut say you rock! TYVM, between you and watergirl, you've located the links showing the various different stories of his whereabouts that have been attributed to AB either from the horse's mouth or alleged to have come from AB in MSM.

    Thank goodness, that means I do not have to spend my weekend looking for links to back up what I had posted regarding this matter.

    yippee, was not looking forward to that franky.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

    If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

  46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  47. #250
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    Can you take your own passport photo? I didn't think you could.
    as long as it is the right size you can (and has to have a plain background). DH and I took our own before our last army move to Germany.
    This bee my opinion

  48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 531
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 606
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 590
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 604
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 515
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •