Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    There is a beautiful moon tonight and full tomorrow night. Maybe it will shine its light on sweet Zahra and bring her home soon. So many have fallen in love with her! I hope she has found peace!

That sounded great till I thought about her real home...don't want her to ever go there again..I like to think of her in a happy place with no worries, pain or fear, surrounded by love. That is what I mean when I say bring her home.
    Just maybe she is laughing, running and playing with other children we have fallen in love with here at WS.

Goodnight all.
    Last edited by tiredblondy; 10-22-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: semantics
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Peliman View Post
    Checking the thread and hoping for news.

One quick thing, I'm starting to look at what I don't see and one thing I've become curious of. AB's relationship with his daughter...

I also am a father of one daughter, one I love dearly. I would think Zhara would love to see her father coming home from work or spend time with him when she could but there seems to be very limited contact.

Even in pictures <the ones I've seen> I don't recall one of them with Zahra and her father together. No stories of them together, birthdays etc.

Am I missing something here, I mean I know about absent fathers but he was Z's caretaker, she lived with him.
    Hey there, Peli....

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I have twin girls, and there is a special relationship between them and my husband. Daddy's girls. My husband is a Marine with a rough exterior, maybe even a lil stern, but when it comes to his girls, he will let them "do his hair." LOL He's mush. In fact, in our household, most of the photos include him with the girls as I'm the picture taker... lol However, he's ultra-protective too, already dreading the day when they are teens (they are 5 now) and gets bristly when they discuss a "boyfriend" in school even now. No... these girls are his life. I felt guilty almost that I didn't have a boy for him, and he never EVER regretted that. He loves his girls immensely. I haven't seen the pics either.... question the same things. I know it's hard to compare my life with others, but I do have that hanging question: How was Zahra's relationship with her father.
    Last edited by gibby207; 10-22-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typo - cold fingers!!
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    I could have written that post myself. I just cannot figure him out!
    Me either and I'm a man. Really AB needs to step up his game on behalf of his daughter. I'd come out swinging, with him it's like nothing. His first interview he made a statement at the end and that's it.

It's hard for me to imagine he didn't see his daughter from when he arrived home Thursday.

Me either and I'm a man. Really AB needs to step up his game on behalf of his daughter. I'd come out swinging, with him it's like nothing. His first interview he made a statement at the end and that's it.

It's hard for me to imagine he didn't see his daughter from when he arrived home Thursday.
    Again... it's hard for me too. lol In actuality, if this were OUR household, I would be making the 911 calls as my husband would out there already with weapons in tow and looking for his daughters. You wouldn't see him for interviews as he'd be out there searching on his own. There would be no giggling.

Just tonight, as we were talking (hubby and I) after got back from a fall festival at the school... the girls had too much candy.. welllll. We realized it was a lil quiet. We both walked to the bedroom and saw they put themselves to bed. Crusty, hard-ass, gruff Marine dad said it was a Kodak moment... still looked in on them.
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Quote Originally Posted by gibby207 View Post
    Again... it's hard for me too. lol In actuality, if this were OUR household, I would be making the 911 calls as my husband would out there already with weapons in tow and looking for his daughters. You wouldn't see him for interviews as he'd be out there searching on his own. There would be no giggling.

Just tonight, as we were talking (hubby and I) after got back from a fall festival at the school... the girls had too much candy.. welllll. We realized it was a lil quiet. We both walked to the bedroom and saw they put themselves to bed. Crusty, hard-ass, gruff Marine dad said it was a Kodak moment... still looked in on them.
    Laughing here gibby...Semper Fi to your hubby!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

Laughing here gibby...Semper Fi to your hubby!
    Hubby says "a-ooo-rah!" to you. lol He's a man's man.... except when it comes to his daughters...

I wanna see some pics come forth with AB and Zahra.

PS: Gibby was his nickname in the Marine Corps... hence my hat. I married into gibby-hood. lol

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

Welllll... late here, and time for slumber. I want everyone to know that I lurk here mostly while I'm working, but never a moment can I forget, or will I forget, about Zahra. She looks like our spunky, soccer-playing, freckle-faced daughter. I won't leave this thread/forum until there is closure.

You aren't forgotten, Zahra. Sweet dreams for a sweet girl.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

It was asked on one of the earlier threads when Zahra was at Charlotte Motor Speedway getting her hearing aids. I never saw an answer for it. That was on May 11, 2010.

Does anyone know when the cell phone pic of Zahra was taken? The one with the black eye and a bandana on her head? She looks so different in each of those times.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    Does anyone know when the cell phone pic of Zahra was taken? The one with the black eye and a bandana on her head? She looks so different in each of those times.
    I believe it was sometime in August - I'm thinking about the 15th but I can't verify that with a link - give me a bit of time to check.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pudd For This Useful Post:

It was asked on one of the earlier threads when Zahra was at Charlotte Motor Speedway getting her hearing aids. I never saw an answer for it. That was on May 11, 2010.

I googled it for you...
    August 9th!!

ABC News article

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    I googled it for you...
    August 9th!!

ABC News article
    Thank you for that. That seems like such a drastic change in her appearance in just 3 months.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    I googled it for you...
    August 9th!!

ABC News article
    Thanks PunKn, I just found it on this wonderfully detailed collection:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m..._101013_mn.jpg

Yes, Aug 9th.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pudd For This Useful Post:

Last edited by TorisMom003; 10-22-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: trying to post both pictures together, second one doesn't want to work it seems

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Writes a former child protective services social worker in Catawba County:

Zahra case suggests N.C. lax in tracking home-schooled kids
    State should toughen regulations, verify child's situation is sound.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...nc-lax-in.html
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NoeticSoul For This Useful Post:

Thank you for that. That seems like such a drastic change in her appearance in just 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by pudd View Post
    Thanks PunKn, I just found it on this wonderfully detailed collection:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m..._101013_mn.jpg

Yes, Aug 9th.

Awww your welcome

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

She looks quite ill in the Aug 9 pic I really wonder if it was medical neglect as some have speculated

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rbrnmw2 View Post
    She looks quite ill in the Aug 9 pic I really wonder if it was medical neglect as some have speculated
    She definitely looks neglected. That picture speaks to my heart.....

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
    -Ayn Rand

Photo Links // Baker house // 21 21st Ave NW

11/06/2010
    11/01/2010
    10/28/2010
    10/27/2010

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Wow hi again all, have been lurking while working and skimming the threads as much as I can... First, I'm impressed with how many new WSers Zahra has motivated to start posting. Welcome all and thank you for your insights and energy!

This mattress thing I can't ignore. LE said they were searching the landfill for an item that would help them establish/firm up the timeline of her disappearance, then they display clear interest in at least two mattresses at the landfill, after removing the one from EB/AB's house... and saying that they were taking the mattress/box spring/bed frame from the home so the dogs could have something to sniff Z by???

This theory may have been effectively debunked in the last threads that I've had to skim, but IMO Zahra laid dead in her bed for some time before the cover-up began.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Zoom on the mattress that was removed from the house:

Source: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/10/...irls-case.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

The attic was always of concern to me, the one thing that is guaranteed this time of year in that part of the country is that the attic is going to be very very hot.
    She did not look well in the picture with the black eye and pink bandana, I wonder if her eyes were sunken from dehydration.
    If her stepmother was used to dishing out this sort of punishment it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she died from the mistreatment.
    Locked away for most of the day and night who knows if she was able to get enough to drink let alone eat.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Scamperoo For This Useful Post:

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Zoom on the mattress that was removed from the house:

Source: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/10/...irls-case.html
    I might have missed this earlier...but just noticed in the article you linked (thank you)...this:

On Thursday, they returned to a Burke County landfill in search of a mattress cover in connection with the case

This is the first "confirmed" or "confident"...maybe, article that I've read, which mentions specific items regarding "the 1 item"...

Speaks volumes to me...IMO...if they're looking for the / a matress cover, they must believe Zahra was wrapped in it and disposed...somewhere??? Or have found some matching fibers or something...this case is heart breaking!

38. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Here is a link to the cached 'Love 4 Zahra Clare Baker' FB page which was taken down today http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari

Unfortunately it only shows the posts by the owner and not by 'everyone' which would have been more interesting, and none of the links work, I'll see it I can get any other pages from it by searching through my history and looking for other cached pages.

Here is the wall with other's posts from Oct 21 at 15:55 GMT http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari

Here is a discussion on the family memorial held last weekend, includes posts from Adam's mother, but also includes posts from another K, but you can tell which one she is by what she has to say http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari

Old discussion listing http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari
    Last edited by Mrs G Norris; 10-22-2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added pages

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

The landlord of the Hickory home who the "ransom note" was addressed to, was that M Coffey? Also the person that is from Hickory that knows Mr Coffey, would you be willing to say if he is in his 40's or not?

If the landlord is who I think that it is then I have found a connection between him and Pat Adams (the witness from the furniture store). Not sure if it means anything or not but it was something that I was worried about when Mrs. Adams came forward with information about seeing Zahra at the store with Elisa.

42. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Fathers whose daughters are missing and presumed murdered should not be playing around on facebook, not while LE are on their hands and knees in garbage dumps looking for this little girl or some piece of evidence to shore up a time line for her disappearance.
    Last edited by darnudes; 10-22-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: puctuation/sp

He's also still visiting myspace.....last login 21/10/2010 http://www.myspace.com/adam1802000

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast