CA - Robert Paris & 4 others in child *advertiser censored* sting, Santa Cruz, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
Isn't bail in California 10% of the total? They walked for $500? To me, it looks like each one of them could have continued contact with minors given their jobs. The man who is disabled probably has a lot of time on his hands. Hopefully their will be some monitoring here.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/rss/ci_16403888?source=rss

Five nabbed in child *advertiser censored* sting

"SANTA CRUZ -- Five men who allegedly spread images of child *advertiser censored* on the Internet, in some cases victimizing children as young as 2 years old, were arrested Thursday.

Robert Paris, 54, of Santa Cruz, Keegan Knutson, 26, of Monterey, Eryk McGill, 21, of Aptos and Kyle Unger, 19, of Boulder Creek, along with an unnamed 17-year-old Santa Cruz boy, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of felony possession of child *advertiser censored*......"

and

"...."But the total quantity, and graphic nature, were chilling," he said. "It's quite appalling to think that children would be exploited to this degree. We were fortunate to take these images out of the hands of predators, but it's an unfortunate commentary that this type of activity is occurring in our community at all."

According to jail records, the four men were no longer in custody Thursday. Their bail had been set at $5,000 each...."

more at link

why do they get bail, we continually fail our children..there was enough evidence to arrest them and connect them directly to these crimes...How as a society look at our children and say we did everything we can..sorry for ranting, I just get so disgusted with these stories.....

They get bail because they have not been found guilty....I can almost gaurantee these men will spend several years in prison....Once they go to court...They will also get more time if they have a trial or plead not guilty, if they plead guilty they wil receive less time

wildTrose--I agree with most everything you posted, except the fact that they will definitely get several years in prison. Many many child *advertiser censored* collectors get only probation or mere weeks in the county jail. Many people don't realize that if you have a short sentence in prison or are placed at the county jail that there is NO therapy and NO attempt at rehabilitation. The perps just mark the days by watching TV. I've started numerous thread which ended this way. The guys in Santa Cruz were not producing the *advertiser censored* by all reports but were downloading it and sharing it and I'm guessing they will get off quite lightly. It all depends on the judge and whether they decide to go to trial. ITA, that they will get off far easier if they plead.

For example, check out this thread. I posted the sentencing this week. It's in the last post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108105&highlight=tualatin+mayor

Dana Leverence pleaded guilty, admitted to a child *advertiser censored* addiction and got 6 months in JAIL. In Oregon, that means he'll serve about four as you get credit for each three days served. We have many similar cases from California too.

I wish their bail would have been higher--enough so they'd be very inclined to hang around and that the judge had set strict parameters as to their behavior while awaiting trial. Maybe he/she did and it's just not reported but it typically is.

We also recently saw Dr. Emilio Luna absconding just days after posting bail, after cutting his ankle monitor off while he was supposed to be at church. He was a producer of child *advertiser censored* and the bail was a good bit higher. He's gone.

And what exactly do the judges think these men are going to do with their time while awaiting trial? Most people get fired once this news comes out. Child *advertiser censored* traders and rapists are not a protected class. They have no right to their employment.

Time on their hands....that's what gets me.

I guess it all depends on the state....my brother was arrested one year ago this week for child *advertiser censored* (folder sharing)...first offense...clean record until this...and he received 12 years in federal prison....and what really puzzles me is he will have computer access in prison???? he was sentenced in iowa, but will be in jessup ga prison since thats what the consider close to me..his only relative that still speaks to him....
and he will get treatment...the last year and half is when he starts treatment....I really dont understand the reason for waiting until he is almost out...it should be getting treatment for the entire time he is in prison...I could have bailed him out and I went back and forth with myself trying to decide what was the right thing to do....in the end i left him in jail as I couldnt gaurantee the safety of the neighborhood children

Once again we see teenagers involved!!! PLEASE TAKE NOTE PEOPLE!!!
ANYBODY can & is involved in this!! I'm so sick of hearing the 'dirty old man' line.
It's women & teenagers also & this is why you have to be suspicious of everyone .
When I have had people who barely know me ,seriously Im talking strangers here, find out I have a teenage son they automatically ask if he babysits & if he'll watch their kids.
It's like WTH lady you don't know me or my family!
Scary to think who else they are asking (& who accepts)when they are so damn casual about asking for sitters.
Stranger Danger applies to adults too-sheesh!!!!!!!!!!

wildTrose--You're a strong woman and I admire you. I believe you made the right choice--for both your brother and all children. Out of our eight children who were raped, one is a RSO. He pleaded guilty to attempted rape of another student in his special ed class. He was 18 and she was 15, but they were in the same grade. No excuse. We've let him bear the consequences and they've been tough. He has no involvement with child *advertiser censored*, however, thank goodness.

Because of a parole violation--missing two therapy sessions, he spent 13 months in state prison. No therapy, so education, no services, no meds. Just 13 months of sitting. I fail to see the value in that. I really believe that these guys need heavy duty therapy and re-programing or daily education and reminders concerning the fact that they WILL be caught again. We all know it seldom really works. But we can't keep them locked up forever. I think we have to try.

My thoughts are with you. I know how tough it is to love someone and to be so disappointed in their choices.

O.K. Filly isn't computer smart. I ain't even smart. Can someone tell me on this guy's Facebook is that secret code? Is it Arabic?

Keegan Knutson. He's having a bad time of it. He says so. A few friends offered supportive words. Not sure it has to do with this sting, but is that Arabic? Yiddish? Cap'n Crunch decoder language?

http://www.facebook.com/keegan.knutson#!/keegan.knutson?v=wall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back