941 users online (181 members and 760 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115

    Mummified Body Found In Front Seat Of Car

    http://www.newschannel6now.com/Globa...asp?S=13370601

    Mummified Body Found In Front Seat Of Car

    Police found a mummified body under a coat in the front seat of an illegally parked car.

    The driver admits she's had the corpse in her car for months, possibly since January.

    (Snipped)

    The body was of a homeless woman the driver says she befriended last year and let sleep in her car.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    I don't even know what to think of this. Was she driving around with the body? Was the death a homicide or due to natural causes? Is this a mental illness issue?

    WTH???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I don't even know what to think of this. Was she driving around with the body? Was the death a homicide or due to natural causes? Is this a mental illness issue?

    WTH???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The article said "No foul play is suspected" so I assume the homeless women died of natural causes while in the front seat of the car. Whether or not the owner of the car simply covered the women with the coat and kept driving around in the car or if the car had been parked in one spot illegally and unused the whole time is the mystery. But since the article refers to the owner of the car as the "driver" I'm thinking that she was still driving the car at the time when the body was discovered.
    Last edited by Joe Friday; 10-22-2010 at 02:57 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Police trying to decide whether woman who drove with mummified body in car for months should face arrest

    Authorities are seeking the public's help in learning more about an Orange County woman who drove around with a mummified body for months before authorities discovered the corpse.

    Detectives believe the dead woman was a homeless person that the driver befriended at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley -- though detectives are still trying to determine the details of their relationship.

    They are also mulling whether the driver should face criminal charges.
    ---
    and more, at
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ce-arrest.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Police trying to decide whether woman who drove with mummified body in car for months should face arrest

    Authorities are seeking the public's help in learning more about an Orange County woman who drove around with a mummified body for months before authorities discovered the corpse.

    Detectives believe the dead woman was a homeless person that the driver befriended at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley -- though detectives are still trying to determine the details of their relationship.

    They are also mulling whether the driver should face criminal charges.
    ---
    and more, at
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ce-arrest.html
    I guess that solves the mystery of if she was driving around this whole time with her friend seated next to her in the car. I can't imagine the smell, which she claims she has a sinus problem and could not smell. Wonder what she thought of all the flies.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Bizarre incident, yes, but not all that different from the subject of British playwright Alan Bennett's play 'The Lady in the Van,' which was a true-life tale of a homeless old woman, both charming and, shall we say, reality-challenged, who Bennett allowed to live in her vehicle that she'd abandoned a few paces from his front doorstep.

    Their odd friendship went on several years until he finally did find her dead one morning in her van. He didn't drive around with her body or anything, though; merely arranged for her funeral and burial.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Post Calif. woman drove for months with dead body in passenger seat

    Former real estate agent had become used to the smell, police say

    msnbc.com updated 10/22/2010 11:22:24 AM ET

    A former real estate agent drove with the partially mummified body of a homeless woman in the passenger seat of her car for several months, according to a report.
    A former real estate agent drove with the partially mummified body of a homeless woman in the passenger seat of her car for several months, according to a report.

    The Register said officials believed the woman had been dead for three to 10 months, based on the state of the body. The cause of death was unknown, but an autopsy revealed no signs of foul play, according to the newspaper. more at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39796763/ns/us_news-life/
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Bizarre incident, yes, but not all that different from the subject of British playwright Alan Bennett's play 'The Lady in the Van,' which was a true-life tale of a homeless old woman, both charming and, shall we say, reality-challenged, who Bennett allowed to live in her vehicle that she'd abandoned a few paces from his front doorstep.

    Their odd friendship went on several years until he finally did find her dead one morning in her van. He didn't drive around with her body or anything, though; merely arranged for her funeral and burial.
    A parked van outside a house is one thing, driving around in your father's car with a dead body in it is another. The father by the way is reported to be a real-estate agent.


    I wonder if that qualified her to use the car pool lanes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Question

    Wonder what George and Cindy Anthony think of this???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Wonder what George and Cindy Anthony think of this???
    They might suggest fabric softener sheets to ease the smell.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    This case joins WS's "PA widow lives with corpses of loved ones" in the "life's little oddities" genre (or perhaps the "death's little oddities" one)

    PA widow lives with corpses of loved ones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-11-2016 at 12:11 AM. Reason: broken link

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    This case joins WS's "PA widow lives with corpses of loved ones" in the "life's little oddities" genre (or perhaps the "death's little oddities" one)

    PA widow lives with corpses of loved ones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I can "sort of see" why that sweet little old lady in PA would want to keep her husband in the garage and her sister on the sofa to be close to them after they died. But I don't have any explanation why anyone would drive around in a car with their homeless friend in the front seat next to them other then the person is mentally ill. I think this one tops the little old ladies story 10 times as far as being bizarre or odd.

    Maybe it is a good thing she didn't dump the body somewhere. Who would have believed that she was not involved in her friends death if she had just pushed her out of the car in some remote area? As it is now LE just thinks she is a little strange (understatement of the year) and might charge her with a count of moving or disrespect of a corpse.
    Last edited by Joe Friday; 10-22-2010 at 04:19 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    I can "sort of see" why that sweet little old lady in PA would want to keep her husband in the garage and her sister on the sofa to be close to them after they died. But I don't have any explanation why anyone would drive around in a car with their homeless friend in the front seat next to them other then the person is mentally ill. I think this one tops the little old ladies story 10 times as far as being bizarre or odd.

    Maybe it is a good thing she didn't dump the body somewhere. Who would have believed that she was not involved in her friends death if she had just pushed her out of the car in some remote area? As it is now LE just thinks she is a little strange (understatement of the year) and might charge her with a count of moving a corpse.
    Agreed. Though some people don't like dealing with authority (i.e., reporting person dead), that's taking it to a bit of an extreme. But, also like you say, at least she didn't push the body out of the car and drive off.

    As in all situations when dealing with persons of a delicate mentality, I hope the case has a sane ending.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    http://www.startribune.com/nation/105552063.html

    Calif. coroner struggling to ID mummified body found in passenger seat of car after 10 months

    Authorities say it could take months to identify a homeless woman whose mummified body was driven around in the passenger seat of a Southern California woman's car for months.

    Costa Mesa police Sgt. Ed Everett said Friday that medical examiners are trying to hydrate the corpse's fingers to get fingerprints that could identify her.

    (Snipped)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,115
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rticle-7688227

    Mummified body of nun found behind temple

    ______________________

    What is it with California and mummies?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mummified body found in San Francisco hoarder's house
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 09:00 AM
  2. MI - Pontiac woman's mummified body found in her garage
    By Nugget in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 10:40 AM
  3. 'Self-mummified' body found in statue of Buddha
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 01:23 AM
  4. Mummified Man Found In Front Of TV
    By Mom2threestooges in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
  5. mummified man found in front of TV
    By mistivon in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM