UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 697UFNY
http://doenetwork.org/cases/images/697UFNY1.jpg

697UFNY1.jpg

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on October 29, 1983 in Shelby, Orleans County, New York
* Estimated Date of Death: 1981
* Mummified/skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-23 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4"; 90-130 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Possibly pierced ears. Possibly diabetic.
* Dentals: Available. 2 mm space between 8 & 9.

Case History
The victim was located off Route 63, in the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge in Orleans County, New York on October 29, 1983.

I've been focusing on Canada MP's and trying to compare them to USA UID's. This one seems pretty close:

Darlene Yvonne Tucker
2849783950045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2747597890045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
___
697UFNY1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/246dfon.html

* Oakville, Ontario is about 115 miles from Shelby NY (just on the other side of Lake Ontario).
* Her height and weight (5'2-5'4"; 110-120 lbs) is right there.
* She has the gap between her #8 and #9 teeth, just as does the UID.
* She was slightly younger (16) than the UID's estimated age (20-23).
* She was last heard from in about March '83 (about a month after her disappearance), which was about 7-8 months before the remains were found. This is a somewhat shorter timeframe than the estimated postmortem interval of approx 2-years.

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:
2093814590045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She caught my attention because she looks alot like 64UFLA, but there's nothing mentioned about gapped teeth with respect to this UID.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/64ufla.html

I just left a message with Det. Leo Hunter of the New York State Police.

BTW, I wonder how they concluded from mummified/skeletal remains that she might be diabetic, and whether DYT's skin allergy might show similar indications that could be interpreted as possibly diabetic.

BTW, I'll put this one up from my "tentative possibles" list, although one would think that her medical hardware would have been detected (unless some bones were missing).

Also, given the proximity, one would think that someone already has thought of checking her out against this UID case.

Charlotte Heimann
heimann_charlotte.jpg
heimann_charlotte2.jpg
___
697UFNY1.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/heimann_charlotte.html

... but if Det. Hunter calls me back, I will verify whether or not they checked Charlotte Heimann out against this case.

BTW, I'll put this one up from my "tentative possibles" list, although one would think that her medical hardware would have been detected (unless some bones were missing).

Also, given the proximity, one would think that someone already has thought of checking her out against this UID case.

Charlotte Heimann
heimann_charlotte.jpg
heimann_charlotte2.jpg
___
697UFNY1.jpg

... but if Det. Hunter calls me back, I will verify whether or not they checked Charlotte Heimann out against this case.

Wow, yeah, you would think they'd have checked it, but facially she's *very* close.

There is also Kimberly Sue Doss.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html

Are they sure she may have died in 1981.Was this Jane Doe's hair colored some blond?What do they mean by mumified state?Was this Jane Doe ever pregnant or had an abortion?What else do you know about her?May I please ask do you have an email for who to contact about this Jane Doe?Do you know or can you find out if they have DNA on this Jane Doe and is it in CODIS.

There is also Kimberly Sue Doss.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html

doss_kimberly.jpg
697UFNY1.jpg

Are they sure she may have died in 1981.Was this Jane Doe's hair colored some blond?What do they mean by mumified state?Was this Jane Doe ever pregnant or had an abortion?What else do you know about her?May I please ask do you have an email for who to contact about this Jane Doe?Do you know or can you find out if they have DNA on this Jane Doe and is it in CODIS.

I left a voicemail message with the Detective in charge of this case, Leo Hunter. I don't have an e-mail address for him.

I don't know anything else aside from what is in the DoeNet page for this UID.

BTW, if the bones were in a wildlife preserve, and thought to have been there for approx 2 years, it is doubtful that any hair remained to determine her hair color.
When I get a call-back from Det. Hunter, I will ask him those questions.

I left a voicemail message with the Detective in charge of this case, Leo Hunter. I don't have an e-mail address for him.

I don't know anything else aside from what is in the DoeNet page for this UID.

BTW, if the bones were in a wildlife preserve, and thought to have been there for approx 2 years, it is doubtful that any hair remained to determine her hair color.
When I get a call-back from Det. Hunter, I will ask him those questions.
Thank you. I am also interested in if they have DNA on this Jane Doe and if it's in CODIS so family members can check if this is a match to thier missing person.

There is also Phyllis Eleanor Berry.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/berry_phyllis.html

I remember looking up matches for other Jane Does that sound like this one Jane Doe.JD 83 Amarillo Texas was Identified not long ago and was very special to me had a gap in her teeth.So did JD 84 Broward County Jane Doe.A serial killer Christopher Bernard Wilder use to put some of his victims at national monuments,reservoirs ect...I do think he was killing long before 1984.

I just left a message with Det. Leo Hunter of the New York State Police.

BTW, I wonder how they concluded from mummified/skeletal remains that she might be diabetic, and whether DYT's skin allergy might show similar indications that could be interpreted as possibly diabetic.

I'm kind of stretching here, but with insulin-depended diabetes that needs the regular shots in the thigh, you get scarring. "Mummified" to me sounds like there might have been some patches of skin remaining, so maybe they could detect that.

Diabetes can have lots of effects on the body, but I don't remember of ever reading about skeletal ones.

Christopher Bernard Wilder usually put his victims a county or two or a state or two over from where the person came up missing.

Christopher Bernard Wilder usually put his victims a county or two or a state or two over from where the person came up missing.

I remember the Wilder story very clearly. It was all over the local and national news at the time. One of the few victims that he did not kill was picked up in the Redondo Beach/Torrance CA area very close to where I live. He dropped her off in Boston shortly before he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound during a struggle with New Hampshire State Police.

I spoke with Det. Leo Hunter of the New York State Police - Batavia Station.

He looked through the case file and came up with the following names of persons whom they have looked at and ruled out:

Cindy Irene King (Grant's Pass, OR)
Katherine O'Neill Anderson (Annapolis, MD)
Michele Reidenbach (Zelienople, PA)
Marie Ann Blee (Craig, CO)
Margaret Holst (Omaha, NE)

He said that this list was not all-inclusive, as other organizations may have summarily ruled others out and did not notify him.

I started to ask several questions regarding the condition of the remains, and he said that he didn't want to get into it due to the fact that it was still an open criminal investigation. However, in general, he seemed to be friendly and receptive to the information that I had.

He asked me to send him an e-mail summarizing any possible matches that I had, and he would get back to me with what he finds out.

Since none of the four possibles mentioned on this thread (i.e., Darlene Tucker, Charlotte Heimann, Kimberly S. Doss, and Phyllis Berry) were on his list, I included all of them on my e-mail to him.

Carl, I can't believe that Charlotte Heimann hasn't been looked at as possible match considering the distance from where Charlotte went missing to where the UID was found ... I am very curious to see who this UID is... Thanks for submitting all of the possibles to Det Hunter.

Carl, I can't believe that Charlotte Heimann hasn't been looked at as possible match considering the distance from where Charlotte went missing to where the UID was found ... I am very curious to see who this UID is... Thanks for submitting all of the possibles to Det Hunter.

I thought the same thing. None of the five people that he found in the case file even had gapped teeth, although Margaret Holst had "crooked" teeth. It doesn't look to me like they spent much time screening possibles.

ETA: By the way, he also noted that in addition to the gapped teeth, he indicated that the UID had a prominent overbite. This is not mentioned in the DoeNet casefile.

I thought the same thing. None of the five people that he found in the case file even had gapped teeth, although Margaret Holst had "crooked" teeth. It doesn't look to me like they spent much time screening possibles.

Well hopefully he takes your submissions seriously and contacts the LE that is handling the missing girls cases.

I have to wonder how many missing people's cases could be solved if some LE agencies would put more time and thought into them.. These UID's have a name, they are someone!

They finally created a NamUs Casefile for this Jane Doe.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10301

Additional info and Differences from DoeNet info:
* Age Range widened to 17-25, compared to DoeNet (20-23)
* Hair is now described as "Blonde to light brown, curly, long", compared to DoeNet (Brown).
* Skeletal Findings - Harris Lines (AKA Growth Arrest Lines), in both femora and tibiae indicating a disruption in bone growth (possibly caused by periods of malnutrition or illness).
* Dental: None of the wisdom teeth had erupted. - Fillings in all of the other 8 molars.
* slender build

I've been focusing on Canada MP's and trying to compare them to USA UID's. This one seems pretty close:

Darlene Yvonne Tucker
2849783950045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
___
697UFNY1.jpg

* Oakville, Ontario is about 115 miles from Shelby NY (just on the other side of Lake Ontario).
* Her height and weight (5'2-5'4"; 110-120 lbs) is right there.
* She has the gap between her #8 and #9 teeth, just as does the UID.
* She was slightly younger (16) than the UID's estimated age (20-23).
* She was last heard from in about March '83 (about a month after her disappearance), which was about 7-8 months before the remains were found. This is a somewhat shorter timeframe than the estimated postmortem interval of approx 2-years.

The hair description would probably rule-out Darla Tucker.

Charlotte Heimann
heimann_charlotte.jpg
heimann_charlotte2.jpg
___
697UFNY1.jpg

And the fact that all body parts were recovered, and they noted Harris lines on the leg bones, but didn't mention any medical hardware. This would probably rule-out Charlotte Heimann.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back